Juan Mata at Chelsea

Hutch

Described here as "A clever player, he possesses great pace, intelligence, and goalscoring ability. After unsuccessfully graduating from Real Madrid's youth academy, he spent most of his senior career with Valencia". And from TalkSport:

Chelsea are ready to make a fresh move to sign Valencia winger Juan Mata at the end of the season.

Mata, 23, has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and has also attracted interest from Liverpool, Manchester City and Barcelona.

But the Spanish international is believed to favour a move to the Premier League and reports in Spain suggest that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to make a sensational offer to secure his signature during the summer.

It remains to be seen if Carlo Ancelotti will still be in charge of the west London club next season, but they are already making plans to bring in summer targets.

Mata is rated one of the best wingers in Europe and would be an ideal signing for Chelsea, who have failed to win any silverware this season.

LINK

How many f**king "sensational offers" is Roman meant to make this summer? We finish second and Roman is going to buy up everyone on earth according to the papers. Good player though

its hard to tell how good this player is when watching videos on youtube, one thing I noted is he is pretty smart and reads the game but is he a out and out winger/ provider, looks a little like malouda often shooting etc. Not too sure abotu this one

Friend of Torres

One full season at Valencia

TOP TOP winger

Off to the U21s in the Summer (keen!)despite owning a World Cup winners medal already.

Chelsea should be busting their collective balls to bring this lad over.

Friend of Torres

TOP TOP winger

Off to the U21s in the Summer (keen!)despite owning a World Cup winners medal already.

Sounds good ::ChElSeaFLag::

Friend of Torres

TOP TOP winger

Excuse my apparent ignorance here, but how can he be 22 and off to play in the U21?

Excuse my apparent ignorance here, but how can he be 22 and off to play in the U21?

I think you need to be under 21 when the qualifying campaign starts, not when the final tournament takes place.

And isn't there a rule with U21s that you're allowed one or two U23s anyway? Something like that.

Maybe you are thinking about the rule from the Olympic Football Tournament?

The Olympic Football Tournament is an under-23 competition where three players over the age of 23 are allowed to be added to the squad.

I remember Ronaldinho being selected for Brazil u-23's.

Link

Edited by footballoholic

Maybe you are thinking about the rule from the Olympic Football Tournament?

The Olympic Football Tournament is an under-23 competition where three players over the age of 23 are allowed to be added to the squad.

I remember Ronaldinho being selected for Brazil u-23's.

Link

Ahhhh, that's the one! My mistake!

I think its safe to say this is not going to happen... Guilleme Balague who in my opinion KNOWS his sh*t about the Spanish league! Claims that there is 3 clubs from England interested in Juan Mata, being City, Utd and Liverpool. He said no offer has been made by any club for his services but Valencia would be willing to let him go for anything between 17 - 20million euros which is about 14/15 million pounds I think. He said it on this weeks Revista De La Liga so Im guessin we are not seriously looking at him (yet maybe).