Vintage Blues pictures and film

Nah mate I didn't take it & not sure where its from, I got it sent to me by a mate who found it on google I think?

I put it on here as it shows our old CFC badge & is something a bit different with the Ulster flag.

ah right, gotcha. Aye mate, it was in Munich after the match. That's me - part drunk, part euphoric....and not photogenic :-) my 2 mates are covered by the flag.

We'd watched the game in a beer garden about 2 mile from the ground. Then, afterwards came out, proceeded to turn the wrong direction and ended up walking through literally thousands of Munich fans who were milling out the stadium....

anyways, regards the flag, here's a picture of it completely out in said beer garden (albeit a bit blurred - we'd spent all afternoon in the Hoffbrau House so I was well 'oiled' when I  took it.). It's actually my mates flag but I borrowed it for a match years back and its been on a right few 'tours' with me since..... anyways, basically we were part of North Down Chelsea Supporters club from Northern Ireland. Formed in 93. Back then, there was only 2 other clubs in NI (First Ulster) and Lagan Valley which formed in 94 I think. Now there's probably about 33 clubs.  Our club was based in a place called Newtownards. The Tower on the flag is Scrabo Tower - a landmark in 'Ards'.  Anyways, back then Chelsea did little for clubs. Everything really hung on personal memberships so by 98 we'd folded the club but 4 of us who were mates kept going. Over the years we've grown into an 'unofficial' club of about 15 which we call The Ramsees CSC - a tongue in cheek reference to a shocking B&B round Earls Court we stayed in throughout the 90s when over at games but that's another story......

9vk0g4.jpg

meant to add lads, fantastic site and particularly this thread. I've spent hours going through this thread. Some of the old pics and stories, etc... are class. 

Here's The Shed on the final day of the the 79/80 Season Chelsea 3-0 Oldham Athletic

BmsjAoqIcAAW_Rt.jpg

1980 Chelsea miss out on promotion to Div 1 on goal difference but the fans still invade the pitch !

Bmsg7N4IYAAwpTL.jpg

Think the reason for that was one of Chelsea"s rivals was losing and turned it round. Sunderland drew 1 1 at Cardiff and Birmingham drew 3 3 with Notts County at home. Chelsea blew promtion big time that season were top and clear of 4th place at one point.

The Weavers Arms, Farm Road, I drank in there in the early 90s when it was The Fulham Dray, when C18 were on the scene some of them started to also drink in there, one game I saw two boneheads with Nazi tattoos & SS badges at the bar, surreal.

Now a poncy gaff called the Lazy Fox & £5 a pint, f**k that.

Notice the Everton graffiti on the wall.

10334297_10201800157511316_2545115484058

Funny seeing that Everton grafitti.  Reminds me of the days in Div.2 in the 70's I'd go down the ground on my bike in the morning to get a programme and find some away fans had plastered the place on a Friday night, Plymouth and Bolton are two which spring to mind.  Sometimes it would get painted over by the wall owners but normally within a week or two it had been crossed out or " ran from Chelsea" added to it.  One match day Everton had paid a visit but this time I was down there at about two o'clock only to see my mate Dave with his blue aerosol going over all that they'd done.  Took some bottle I though, in broad daylight, loads of old bill and twenty odd thousand people around!

Funny seeing that Everton grafitti.  Reminds me of the days in Div.2 in the 70's I'd go down the ground on my bike in the morning to get a programme and find some away fans had plastered the place on a Friday night, Plymouth and Bolton are two which spring to mind.  Sometimes it would get painted over by the wall owners but normally within a week or two it had been crossed out or " ran from Chelsea" added to it.  One match day Everton had paid a visit but this time I was down there at about two o'clock only to see my mate Dave with his blue aerosol going over all that they'd done.  Took some bottle I though, in broad daylight, loads of old bill and twenty odd thousand people around!

i can remember the bolton spay up,it was, matt of bolton, he was a quite well know face at there's back then, one year before he spayed mat of bolton at chelsea, we had a arrange meet with his lot and some salford reds, late 70s, we went up on sh coach, got there early, but no sign of em, the game we went in the wrong side of there end after the main cfc firm had run across the pitch and took there end running em out, 

we was waiting for the bolton lot with matt around the bridge on the friday night before the game the following day,after we played at there's, we had little groups, from the northend rd, kings head to the rising sun, walking up and and down all evening looking to find them,as the word came back they were turning up on the friday night for a meet. but it was a no show, so most f**ked off, and a few of us went down the kings rd to the birds nest club, i had a cousin running the doors there, so we got in for free and went on the piss, 

next day, we go in the kings head, only to be told about the spray up, he must off waited till we went, the came out of the shadows to spay, matt of bolton,

got to say we did find it funny though,

told this story on the old llg forum, that last year i was on a job in leeds, got to know a northern soul dj working on the job,as i'm into northern soul,he was from bolton,  and found out he was a old mate of matt, told him the story, and he said he use to do it too every ground they played at back then, 

Didn't he do the ground the time we played them in the League Cup a few years earlier, I seem to remember it in red by the block of flats near the old supporters club shop?  Matt Mk1, took me years to work out what the MK1 bit meant!  Defo saw it at Fulham too, on that big graffiti wall right at the far end of Stevenage Road.

The Plymouth turn out was good, not so clever the next season.  The graffiti was done by a London based fan, I was told by a couple of Fulham supporters who knew him.  Nice shade of green though.

Matt BWFC brings back memeories don't know if it was the same friday night but we planned to ambush him him 76/77 season after he had really pissed old SB off as he was the aficionado of the spray can

that mite of been the night sparkplug, but all ways through it was 77/78 ?but my memory is quite off with dates, i know there was a no show from him and the bolton firm,, and then the graffiti turn up saturday  morning,

He did the ground the first year in Div.2, December '75, they brought a small mob which got chased into the front corner down by the old North Stand just before kick off, Wilkins missed a penalty in injury time which would have drawn the match.  Next time we played them was Sept '76.

Chelsea at Grimsby 84

BpIpDK2CMAAQbhD.jpg

Was at the side of the ground near the angle of your picture. Can't believe how many people paid cash on the turnstiles to get in!! We'll never know how many were there to celebrate a great day, but in modern times no one will ever be able to match those numbers again.

Im going to relate a story...

Sometimes i dont get dates n times correct as one memory can meld into another when one has been for so long to so many matches....Perhaps one or two of you can help..I say one or two as i know not many of you Blues would have been at this one......I will relate this story from my memory and my perspective.........Background......The match was at stamford bridge somewhere in the mid 70s....The prestige was , i think, an FA cup semi replay.............I know one team was Man city..I cant remember the opponants....OK.......So at this time, nobody i knew was arsed with going to the Bridge for this match..Nothing really to do with us......I pondered about going...It was a horrid evening and i thought no.....no...no....no..Then a thought occured..What if loads of chelsea want to redeem the shed from whoever gets it allocated to them...With little time to spare i made the trip from walthamstow.......getting into the shed was ok....I remember what i wore...I wore a white bib and brace with a celtic logo..Rolled up to show my dms..A chelsea badge on the shoulder strap and for some inexplicable reason a sunderland red n white scarf borrowed from a freindly cats fan near seaburn at some stage.......Man City had the shed....It rained...All of a sudden a group of chelsea turned up...10 plus...between the old t bar and the covered bit of the shed the chant went up...CHELSEA CHELSEA...Cops came and dissipated this group of fun loving criminals...Ernie who some of you know held his own against a few manx inside the old tea bar.....Then it all seemed finished and done.....Forgetting i had this red and white scarf on i went into the middle of the shed where i would normally stand....Some man c drunks decided i was man united...One punched me and i legged it to the back of the shed. ( the walkway)......They came after me still and i and they were to be thrown out of the ground..This was quite scary as they were throwing them and me out at the same time....I got out second..The first manc said to me....Mate i wouldnt blame you for clearing off...Ian is a f**ker and has just come out of the army ..hes nuts....Well i was down F B as fast as the dms allowed ...A piss poor night...BUT....Truly forgotten at the next match...Although Ernie was praised for his bravery...............................Were you there....Different perspective ?