Arnesen now after Bruma

Hamburg plan to clean up with Bruma

Friday June 03 2011

Frank Arnesen has confirmed Hamburg are planning another raid on Chelsea's youth set-up after revealing he will hold talks with Jeffrey Bruma.

Sporting director Arnesen, who last month defected from Stamford Bridge to the German club, masterminded the purchase of Michael Mancienne on Tuesday and he now wants to bring fellow defender Bruma to the Bundesliga, reportedly on a two-year loan deal.

Arnesen said: "Jeffrey Bruma is on duty with the Netherlands. Afterwards, we will meet and talk about it. We will look each other straight in the eye. We will decide what is best for Jeffrey Bruma and Hamburger SV." :JC_doubledown:

We're continuing to be Ham-burgled...

A two year loan would'nt necessarily be a bad idea. However I'd prefer him to be given a bit of time at a Premier League club. The odds are if he goes to Germany we probably won't see him in a Chelsea shirt ever again.

Anyway...

LINK

Jacopo Sala Joins Hamburg On Three Year Deal

Hot on the heels of Michael Mancienne joining Hamburg earlier this week, news is breaking this afternoon that Italian midfielder Jacopo Sala has also been snared by Frank Arnesen and has signed a three-year deal with the German club.

The Italian, who has represented his country at all junior levels up to Under-21, was not expected to move, with a year remaining on his contract, but has this afternoon been unveiled as a HSV player.

Speaking about his new signing, Arnesen told HSV.de:

“Jacopo is a player with a bright future. He has gone through all the youth national teams with Italy and has excellent physical properties and skill too.â€

The Italian, meanwhile, is delighted at taking the next step in his career.

“Playing for HSV is a great opportunity for me. It would be great for me, if possible, to develop quickly here and play with the first team, because this is a great club. Whether in Italy or England, HSV is known everywhere.â€

Sala has appeared on the first team bench on a handful of occasions due to injuries and appeared to be making his mark on Carlo Ancelotti as one for the future, with his mature brand of trickery and playmaking ability developing nicely.

However, with his sacking and the departure of compatriot Fabio Borini on a five-year deal to Parma, the opportunity to move abroad with an eye on accelerating his development has proven too good to turn down.

Edited by Scooby Blue

I think these transfers are down to Steve Houston as much as they are Arnesen. He has taken Steve with him to HSV also. On Salo, he`s never really stood out when Ive watched him to be honest, not one I would have expected to be at the top of the list for Arnesen.

Edited by dkw

agree completely on both points.

I'd also add that there's nothing unusual about a manager going after players that he knows, Bredan Rogers has done the same thing with our youth players. Good luck to them, and if it's a loan deal then I'm well in favour, Bruma doesn't look up to it at the moment but this could be the oportunity he needs to develop and prove himself.

If hes out on loan, then that'd be a good thing for him. Obviously Arnesen knows these guys in and out (wow, now I wrote that it sounds terrible), so maybe the deal with Bruma signifies that Arnesen realizes Bruma may have a chance at the club in the future. Or, maybe we are sending them out to Hamburg with a "right of first refusal" on the kids.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hamburg have been terrible, but Bruma and Rajkovic have done ok as a CB pairing. Gokhan Tore has been the best of all of the players we've sent there IMO, plenty of assists. Feel a bit sorry for Mancienne though he hasn't had a great time there.

• 2 months later...

Chelsea youngster does not not want to return to Stamford Bridge in the summer

Sunday, January 8, 2012

4:23 PM

Jeffrey Bruma wants to stay in Hamburg

Chelsea youngster Jeffrey Bruma is enjoying life in Germany with Hamburg.

The 20-year-old Dutchman joined HSV from the Blues at the start of the 2011-12 season on a two-year loan deal, but the west London club have the option to recall Bruma at the end of the season.

If the defender has a choice then he will remain with the Bundesliga club for the following season as he is enjoying his time at the club.

“I am not even thinking about returning to Chelsea right now. I am feeling very well at HSV. The club has a lot of faith in me and everything is great here. Playing in the reserves at Chelsea again wouldn’t work,†Bruma told Hamburger Morgenpost.

Bruma has featured 12 times for the German club this season, scoring twice.

ON Twitter, I follow @Chelseayouth, who re-tweeted a couple of Bruma's posts about how he was happy playing, didn't want to come back and only play reserves, and was happy where he was. Pretty much to the point with his feelings there, I'd say.

I don't think we'll see him at Chelsea again.

Certainly wasn't impressive when he did play. Wonder how good he is in Hamburg? I have my doubts.

He generally only played in the league cup/fa cup in a makeshift defence with paulo, another CB and either Van Aanholt or Zhirkov at left back. Not exactly ideal to make your mark playing in a back 4 that are strangers on the field.

Bruma wasn't given a chance, just like Kalas wont, just like Bertrand isn't getting a look in. The list goes on and on

We were paying Sturridge 60k a week just to sit on the bench and show up for the reserve games before he went to Bolton.

Im not demanding we play a team full of kids, but when at home to the likes of Swansea/Wigan/etc we should be giving one young player a spot in the starting eleven alongside our strongest side. Or at least bring them on instead of the usual right back substitution we are obsessed with making

The kids wont ever be Chelsea standard when all they do is sit on a bench or play in a lower league on loan