MOTM vs Liverpool

loz

Who was your MOTM against Liverpool?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Liverpool?

• Cech
    • Cole
    • Terry
    • Luiz
    • Ivanovic
    • Mikel
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Drogba
    • Mata
    • Malouda
    • Sturridge
    • Meireles

It's becomming a bit of a theme that once again we don't have anyone worthy enough.

Can't be arsed to start a new thread so will give my ratings here:

Cech. Didn't have loads to do and not a great ball to give Mikel for their first goal 5

Ivan. Battled away and was unlucky not to score but some very poor crosses 6

JT. doesn't look like the JT who led us to glories past. 5

Luiz. The usual some good, some bad some head scratching stuff 6

Ash. Struggling and Johnson ran him ragged at times. 5

Mikel. Please, no more. 3

Ramires. Probably our pick, but still pretty average 6

Lamps. Started well but faded and looked all of his 33 years 5

Malouda. Better second half but then it had to be. 5

Drogba. Thought he was gonna get the bit between his teeth and be the Drogba of old but it never happened. 5

Mata. He makes things happen but equally looks too lightweight and isfar to easily knocked off the ball. 6

Sturridge. Started well and got us level and played some great passes but then faded and could have been subbed! 6

AVB

It ain't working mate. It's time to try something different in the midfield and he wears the number 20!!

i can't choose anyone. Ivan, Ramires, Malouda, Mata & Sturridge all get a 5, others not worth a mention. Team is in major need of surgery & manager needs to have the balls to pick younger untested players (maybe not all at once).

David Luiz, he was everywhere when we needed him and did more on the ball than any of our centre mids.

Honourable mention also to Malouda who had a decent game.

Yeah Luiz was ok, but did anyone else brick it a tiny little bit, when they saw his name in the starting line up?

I wish he was a midfielder.

I thought Luiz was much too petulant, like an angry boy looking for a fight. What's wrong with him? Can't he chill out? On one play when the ball was going out of play, Luiz gets into a pushing match with Dirk Kuyt, who too me was doing nothing wrong. Luiz needs to get that chip off his shoulder.

Liverpool have such great passion, fair f**ks to the c**ts, they have more bottle that

we wioll ever have.

Goodnight.

Having used google translator I am still none the wiser!

Edited by jezza

I wasn't going to vote for anyone because I felt nobody really deserved a vote, but in the end I did give mine to Ramires. He might not have been without faults, but he worked quite hard and did get a few nice tackles in. Heck, since we faced Liverpool I even cheered for the tackles where he missed the ball and took out the player :Connie_threaten:

I'm voting for myself as I sang for the entire game and have now lost my voice. I would've been on the field but a combination of the stewards stopping me and x amount of pints of cider ruined my chances. Ok I'll give it to Luiz because he has big hair and that was all I could see during the 2nd half.

No-one was particularly outstanding and most weren't especially bad. The exceptions to that were Mikel who added nothing to the team at all and most worryingly, JT who was dire.

If we are going to continue to play with this high back line then I really don't think we can play JT. He is totally lost. He gets dragged out wide and hasn't got the pace. His composure on the ball seems to have disappeared and he has the turning circle of the QEII.

What I did like was the switch to 4-2-3-1. We looked a lot more dangerous and in control. Mata was able to get on the ball, which is crucial. Stuck out wide he was anonymous.

Most of all though we have to stop making stupid mistakes and gifting the opposition soft goals.

I voted Mata for MoTM but it was a very half hearted vote.

No-one was particularly outstanding and most weren't especially bad. The exceptions to that were Mikel who added nothing to the team at all and most worryingly, JT who was dire.

If we are going to continue to play with this high back line then I really don't think we can play JT. He is totally lost. He gets dragged out wide and hasn't got the pace. His composure on the ball seems to have disappeared and he has the turning circle of the QEII.

What I did like was the switch to 4-2-3-1. We looked a lot more dangerous and in control. Mata was able to get on the ball, which is crucial. Stuck out wide he was anonymous.

Most of all though we have to stop making stupid mistakes and gifting the opposition soft goals.

I voted Mata for MoTM but it was a very half hearted vote.

good on you,im glad someone has the balls to say it as it was/is,terry was dire,not average or below average,dire and hes been that way since this racism allegation, and of course the high line model. The question is if avb is going to persist with it,and as you said in your first paragraph he is totally lost,would you drop him? after all he`s the heartbeat of the team.