Roman is under the Cosh

Zola

This wont end for a long time. I doubt there will be any verdict for another few months, which will then be appealed, which will take another sh*t load of time, which will then be appealed etc......Big money cases like this just keep going round and round and round for years.

i read about this a while back. Basically the bloke that's accusing Roman of all the wrong doings has no money left and is now saying that Roman and Putin threatened him out of buying Sibneft, the deal that eventually made Roman his billions. ANd now he wants half.

It will be interesting, but I feel if Roman does have the backing of former president Putin, and the cash, then this will surely be in his favor.

I've still got no idea why this is being heard in a british court. Surely it should be happening in Russia?

I fully expect Roman to win, but if the court does find in Berosovsky's favour there is not a cat in hells chance that Roman will pay up.

That does raise the question of where it would leave us though. He would have to leave the UK and get rid of his assets here in that circumstance.

I've still got no idea why this is being heard in a british court. Surely it should be happening in Russia?

Roman did try to move this to a Russian court but he failed. The argument from Berezovsky's lawyers probably was that he can not expect an impartial procedure in Russia, which in all honesty seems to be plausible.

I fully expect Roman to win, but if the court does find in Berosovsky's favour there is not a cat in hells chance that Roman will pay up.

That does raise the question of where it would leave us though. He would have to leave the UK and get rid of his assets here in that circumstance.

Would those assets include our players? Can I have Ivanovic in that case?

I agree. Surely the fact that he wont get a fair trial in Russia doesnt automatically make a freer nation take a civil trial into its courts. And going along with Mad Mac's post, on its face I have no idea how Berezovski or anyone else could prove that their damages were equal to the share they are demanding.

Not only that, but I thought Roman dumped his shares in SIbneft years ago, and since then his fortune has risen and fallen.

• 7 months later...