Materazzi wins the mind games ..

Davey Baby

The saddest part about the Eden Hazard episode is that it deflects blame from the manager, where it really belongs.

Surprised by our insipid display in the 2nd leg of a semi-final?

Surprised that our abundance of superb players couldn't perform and didn't take the fight to Swansea?

If any of you saw the press conference prior to the game, our performance was almost inevitable to my mind.

Benitez spoke about windows. One window he said, was the game itself and "tactics", the other window was the Lampard situation, the Torres situation, the Terry situation, the Roman situation, etc etc. Everytime he was asked a question that was unrelated to the game or his beloved "tactics" he refused to answer, saying that wasn't the "window" he was interested in, he was only interested in the "first window", not the "second window".

When it came to Materazzi however, he disobeyed his own rule, and held court on the subject at length. He forgot all about the windows he had just created. It was embarrassing. Materazzi had clearly got to him, you could see that. He was rattled, wound-up. He said the word "liar" nine times. He spoke ill of Materazzi's character, he spoke of Materazzi's family, saying even they were embarrassed by the Italian defender. He said everybody knows Materazzi and what sort of character he is. He went well beyond the call of duty in laying his disdain bare. This was personal. Materazzi had hit a wound.

Too much energy, I would say, devoted to Materazzi, hey Rafa, on the eve of the game, wouldn't you say? Too much focus given to him, too much angst. A simple rebuttal would have done, maybe you could have laughed it off, shown it hadn't affected you even if it had, exuded confidence and calm and authority before the game. That's your job by the way, you're the manager, at least until the term is out. You need to put the troops before yourself.

But no, your pride had been pricked and you wanted to set the record straight, in no uncertain terms. We may be out of the League Cup, Materazzi may have had nothing to do with the game, but at least we now know how you feel, hey Rafa? At least we're in no doubt that Materazzi's a c**t, a c**t who's probably laughing himself silly at the moment. It doesn't take a lot to get you going, does it?

Who gives a f**k how Chelsea do anyway, you useless twonk.

I think he is preoccupied with Windows...I've got a little Van here with a Roofrack, maybe he can get himself a Bucket and some squeegees, surely he won't get another Job in Football after this.

He destroyed Inter and now he's doing  a good job at destroying us.  How the f**k is he dodging the bullet.  It's beyond belief.  He surely must be sucking someone off.  A squeeqy kid is about the only job he might get if anyone had any brains around this club. 

according to the condescending football 'expert' that is Ballague, the chelsea fans that don't like fsw are a minority and a bunch of bullies... :face_palm: just goes to show what we all thought, he truely knows fcuk all

(scroll to the bottom of this very self-important interview for his ill-informed view of us fans)

http://www.guillembalague.com/en/blog/43-guillem-balague-exclusive--author-talks-pep-guardiola-barcelona-rafa-benitez

according to the condescending football 'expert' that is Ballague, the chelsea fans that don't like fsw are a minority and a bunch of bullies... :face_palm: just goes to show what we all thought, he truely knows fcuk all

(scroll to the bottom of this very self-important interview for his ill-informed view of us fans)

http://www.guillembalague.com/en/blog/43-guillem-balague-exclusive--author-talks-pep-guardiola-barcelona-rafa-benitez

What an ignorant c&nt.

according to the condescending football 'expert' that is Ballague, the chelsea fans that don't like fsw are a minority and a bunch of bullies... :face_palm: just goes to show what we all thought, he truely knows fcuk all

I take whatever Balague says about Tubby with a pinch of salt. He usually sounds more like his PR man than a pundit. It's also interesting that he doesn't understand why Scolari isn't well thought of in this country (did he watch us play when Big Phil was in charge?!).

Btw, Balague was all over the place last week claiming that the new Soton manager wasn't sacked by Espanyol, when in the article he wrote for the Sky website at the time he said he had been!

I just can't believe how far we've fallen.  Remember when we were all pissing ourselves at his "Fachkt" rant?  Now that's us.  Roman has helped us build a wonderful squad, at least on paper; and when they are on song I love watching us play.  I feel privileged to see the likes of Mata and Hazard play their trade every week.  I even tried to accept that he was here and just support the team.  But at what cost?  It feels like a chore to call yourself a Chelsea fan these days.  The sooner this season ends and he is thrown out on his arse, the better.  

At least we didn't start a cult around him.  At least you can trust the scoucers to set the bar too low.  At least there's that. 

At least none of us have been endeared to the fat twat!!! 

Roman knows he's made a whopper of a mistake, he truly does. 

He will be well aware this is the worst record any CFC manager has had, and the fixtures he was dealt have been very favouable indeed.

He should have known better, but I fully trust him to put it right in the summer.

We have to get Mourinho, its a solution for success. 

If he goes and gets some other twat with no premier league experience we can expect the same sh*t to happen next season when he loses the rag over 2 straight defeats.

I wonder where he could have got that idea from: Chelsea TV perhaps? Last week's Friday Night Live left a lasting impression of Gigi Salmon smiling into the camera with a look of blatantly false sincerity, claiming that the number of callers expressing pro-interim sentiments was purely a matter of chance.

Pull the other one.

Ballague will do anything to promote Spaniards in football, players, management etc. 

I don't mind him normally because its so obvious what his agenda is. 

He always backs the Spaniards even if the facts show he is wrong.

Archived