MOTM v Brentford

Davey Baby

MOTM  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

agree with Carloseyebrow (does that sound ridiculous or what?) Oscar for me as I couldn't give my MOM to Mata on half a game being as Oscar was reasonable and scored a very good Goal. only those two in it and niether were really MOM performances on a normal day.

Oscar, Ramires and Mata only players out there today worthy of wearing the shirt.

Defence was a complete shambles, Cahill looked like he'd never played on a non-perfect pitch before and misplaced just about every pass, and Turnbull put in probably the worst keeping performance i've ever seen by a Chelsea keeper.

It is both amazing and concerning how much Mata affects our team.  Everything good we do seems too come through him.  Hazard is sharing that responsibility and will hopefully develop his role with us as he gains experience here; like Mata's sudden explosion into "world-class" status from last season.

The issue is we look utterly hopeless when the little Spaniard isn't on the pitch, even against League 1 opposition.  I am terrified that he will pick up an injury and we completely fall to pieces.  Oscar is capable of moments of brilliance as we saw again yesterday, but we cannot rely those consistently any more than we can rely on one man to make our team tick forever.  We have a wealth of talent in this squad and it's being used at a fraction of its potential.

Archived