Interesting read from Carl Magnay...

Carshalton Blue

Thanks - really good read. Very good insights into the way the club do things.It just reinforces what I already think i.e that it's not a well-run club but is lucky to have characters of the stature of JT and Lamps to maintain the ethos and spirit of Chelsea. Left to the managers and the muppets who appoint them, we wouldn't have that.

People should never forget how bad AVB was in his time with us.

Very pleasant read - I am glad to hear he enjoyed his experience at Chelsea (even if he didn't quite make it), and his opinions were pretty on-the-ball (and more in line with those of the fans than some still employed by the club). He also didn't sound bitter about not making it and in fact seemed grateful to have been given the opportunity at all. Best of luck to Carl, I hope he goes on to have a great career.

Funny how the things we always think about the club are usually exactly the way they really are. I mean about the youth players, about the managers, about AVB, about JT, about Jose and so on. Great to read a piece from a lad who's seen it all from the inside.

That's refreshingly honest and intelligent from Carl.

I also thought he came across like more of a fan with special insight than a typical footballer, who are usually too concerned with not burning any bridges to actually say anything interesting.

Archived