Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Harris

World Cup 2014 - Match Day 14

Argentina v Nigeria.

Bosnia and Herzegovina V Iran.

Honduras V Switzerland.

Ecuador V France.

Argentina winning 2-1 at half time

Bosnia and Herzegovina winning 1-0 at half time

The other 2 games kick off later.

Messi nearly scored with another moments earlier but the keeper made a good save.

Messi has been awesome, his movement, his awareness, his touch and control. I am staggered that some on here genuinely rate Eyebrows Ronaldo as a better player. I don't even think its close.

Messi has been exceptional this tournament but I still have my reservations whether he can take Argentina to the World Cup (although I chose Argentina pre tournament). He doesn't make his team mates around him better and Argentina have adopted a system and philosophy which makes it all about Messi. That's all good and well as he is one of the greatest players of all time, but if he has an off day, which is likely as the World Cup is seven games, then I think Argentina will go out. Compare that to Brazil. I think they can still beat a good team with Neymar having an off day, despite having worse players than Argentina

I don't know why ITV keep over praising Di Maria, he hasn't been THAT good. He gives the ball away a hell of a lot, and tends to get his final ball wrong. They even said he has been excellent for Real Madrid this season. He's not been that great for Real Madrid this season, he had a good Champions league final but he wasn't a stand out player for them.

I am probably the only one here who watched "that other game" today. Hurts knowing Bosnia are going home due mostly to a referee's mistake (Dzeko's goal against Nigeria being ruled an offside), but also a bit disappointing is the way they played. I look at Mexico for example, they had bad decisions go against them in about every match and still came on top. Still, not as bad as some of the other European sides. Overall a bad Cup for Europe. Up to Germany, Holland, Belgium, and France to make some noise.

^ classic, and that just reminds me of this gem:

Association Football - Harry Enfield - Mr Cholmondley-Warner

via @youtube

This one is one of the funniest things I have ever seen...I cry with laughter every time I see it