What is Your Least Favourite Chelsea XI?

AlexTommo

Your least favourite team should consist of players that weren't much good/completely useless, and unlikable during or after they departed.

Go.

Gk: Bosnich

Rb: Boulahrouz

Cb: Ben Haim

Cb: W. Bogarde

Lb: Del Horno

Mf: Jokanovic

Mf: Benayoun

Mf: Veron

Cf: Mutu

St: Sutton

St: Torres

Guest RFC_CFC

----------------Bosnich-------------

Boulahrouz--BenHaim--Bogarde---D.Horno

-----------Veron---Parker---------

SWP---------------------------Benayoun

-------------Mutu---Shevchenko----------

GK Bosnich

RB: Boulahrouz

CB: Bogarde

CB: Ben Haim

LB: Del Horno

MF: Sidwell

MF: Veron

MF: Maniche

MF: Petit

ST: Mutu

ST: Sutton

I couldn't put Torres in there or Sheva because I didn't dislike any of them. Ben Haim, Steve Sidwell and Maniche were all WTF signings.

Mutu started great but became a waste, Sutton was bad for us and I just didn't like the guy.

Boulahrouz and Del Horno were talented players who didnt live up to potential and became liabilities.

Bogarde, we all know the reasons why.

Bosnich is a prize A bellend.

Not necessarily worst players here

Bosnic

Ben Haim, Thome, Bogarde, Del Horno

Maniche, Benayoun, Sidwell

Malouda, Torres, Zhirkov

Maniche and Bogard are definitely the worst of that bunch. I know Malouda will surprise most as he wasn't necessarily the worst player but God knows how he was in our starting XI so often.

If that's the worse Chelsea players you've seen then to quote from Back in the U.S.S.R. by The Beatles '' You don't know how lucky you are boys''.

I'm only 23! Only going to comment on players I've actually seen. Also taking into account some of the ridiculous sums spent on some of those.

Guest RFC_CFC

Yeah I didn't really dislike Sheva but due to the money spend and little return plus the huge expectation I put him there.

Torres missed out because he won some important trophies with us.

SWP no one could really dislike but again a big let down and he seemed to play more than he should have.

Not sure I can pick a full XI just going to mention a few names.

Veron, no idea why we bought him, he was rubbish at United and we gave them a massive get out of fail free card by buying him. He was essentially surplus to requirements the minute we bought Makalele... In the same transfer window. 

Deschamps... No idea why, just didn't take to him in a blue shirt, possibly because I used to really love seeing Wise and Morris in midfield and Deschamps got in the way of that.

Babayaro,just didn't rate him as a left back and he did a weird swaying arm thing when he ran. Le Saux was a miles better at left back and come to think of it I also preferred Jon Harley too. 

Malouda, another player I just never took too, he was largely a disappointment in his time with the club and was, for me, a very frustrating player to watch. 

SWP, he just wasn't very good... If he hadn't of been English I doubt we would have signed him. Duff, Robben and Joe Cole were all miles better than him so it was generally a bit groansome to see SWP start ahead of any of those three. 

I generally try to avoid dislike of any player who pulls on a Chelsea shirt, even Bogarde, who may just have been able to do a job for us, given the chance. But for me there is one glaring exception ,,, Christian Panucci.

Ok he was only here on loan, only made ten appearances, but I couldn't stand him. Every time I saw him play for us, I was left with the distinct impression that he thought he was doing us a massive favour merely by his presence. Good player for Italy, and for Milan, but for us he was f**king useless.

I'm not going to pick a XI of bad Chelsea players I mean that's just depressing.

But the worst Chelsea team I can remember was probably the season we won the Champions League, when we first started out under AVB.

Bosginwa-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Lampard

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Probably the most unbalanced side we have ever had, add that to the system we were playing which was fast football and highline, what the hell was the board thinking? I don't know who to blame, I mean AVB was stubborn but they didn't seem to let him bring in lots of players, we chased Modric all summer and came out with Meireles.

You might say the side before that was worse since we had no pace or creativity but at least then we had some balance, this side was all over the place. That 5-3 Arsenal game I never thought I could forget it, horrible moment, got to love Jose for that 6-0.

-----------------------------Bosnich--------------------------

Boulahrouz-----Ben Haim-----Bogarde-----Del Horno

-----------------------------------------------------------------

---------------Veron-------Sidwell ----Maniche-----------

------------------------------Mutu-----------------------------

--------------------Sutton----------Torres-------------------

My thoughts:
Bosnich (GK) - A 'cracking' player, but in the wrong sense of the word

Boulahrouz (RB) - The 'cannibal' who cannibalised too many minutes

Ben Haim (CB) - Nowhere near Chelsea standard

Bogarde (CB) - Filched countless amounts of money out of a struggling club - his bankruptcy was poetic justice

Del Horno (LB) - Not Chelsea standard overall, but he started off OK

Sidwell (CM) - Nowhere near Chelsea standard

Veron (CM) - Injury prone + expensive + history of PL underperformance = triple horror

Maniche (CM) - A real 'nothing' of a loan arrangement

Mutu (SS) - Another 'cracking' player who ripped us off

Sutton (CF) - Made Torres/Sheva look productive

Torres (CF) - I'd lay off him a bit if he cost 10 million pounds, but not 50 million pounds - the few glorious moments he provided were unfortunately offset by many truly painful ones  

Benayoun also didn't do much to endear himself to me either, but wasn't as big a waste as the likes of Mutu, Sutton and Torres. 

Torres isn't currently in our squad. I don't know if you know but fortunately, he's at Milan at the moment. Technically still a Chelsea player but he's not in our squad.

Oh, and by the way... You're*

Okay I''ll just practice it

You're a twat, did I get it right?

*Practise. You used it as a verb, not a noun. Sorry buddy, open goal...

Dead hand gang strikes again,

You are a grade A c**t with nothing better to do but stalk me on the forum with your buddies, well done.

Edit: Sorry Richard, I do apologize, I mistaken you for someone else, this was directed at Alex.

I generally try to avoid dislike of any player who pulls on a Chelsea shirt, even Bogarde, who may just have been able to do a job for us, given the chance. But for me there is one glaring exception ,,, Christian Panucci.

Ok he was only here on loan, only made ten appearances, but I couldn't stand him. Every time I saw him play for us, I was left with the distinct impression that he thought he was doing us a massive favour merely by his presence. Good player for Italy, and for Milan, but for us he was f**king useless.

Beat me to it!

Archived