Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Demonrjm

Fifa 19


Recommended Posts

Pre order done and 3 days early access. 

This year I’m going to try the app trading and get myself a super team without much money spent on Fifa points. I’m completely glad they’ve changed the engine as Fifa 18 was dreadful. 

This could be an interesting instalment of Fifa. Fingers crossed EA don’t ruin in. 

Anyone purchased yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still play FIFA 13.......I'm not joking either. It's the last FIFA game I actually liked. I'm not a fan of recent FIFA games. I'm not really an online player and tend to just play career mode, but they ruined it when they made it so I had to scout players to see their stats. I want to play the game, not waste time searching through a list of players, it's boring. I'm also not a fan of this "more realistic" type of football they are going for. It's a game, I don't want realism. Also, how can it be realistic if a team can create about 20 chances in a 10-12 minute game of football?

I miss the days where it felt like I was in control of my players rather than playing with sluggish moving ones and shooting that seems to pick and choose when It can go on target. You can be 1v1 against the keeper, do everything right with your shot and it can still end up going well off target these days. It's just not fun to me, it's frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my brief time on it;

Through-balls = success.

You could be the fastest player in the world but if you get in behind a corpse could catch up to you. 

If you get 1mm of space to pop off a shoot outside the area then you’ll pretty much score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Worth getting then or shall I give it a miss this year?

I’ve just had a right laugh playing with my a mate online to be fair. I’m enjoying it more than 18 but they’ll probably patch the fun out of it like they always do :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’ve just had a right laugh playing with my a mate online to be fair. I’m enjoying it more than 18 but they’ll probably patch the fun out of it like they always do :rolleyes:

Haha yep always the way patch it so it plays like the last years game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enjoyed the journey portion of the game. Enjoying the expanded version this year as well. The shooting does seem weird, I turned off that odd balance bar thing. Although the time it takes to have a shot up into the top part of the net, is a tiny tap, unlike the second or so tap it was last year. That's made things tougher.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played FIFA 19 for the first time during the Super Bowl with my brother..........I hate it. It used to be crazy fun where you could play ridiculous passes or score insane long range goals, it's not like that anymore though. The shooting reminds me a bit of what PES used to be like, and I never liked PES. Actually, gameplay in general feels more like what PES used to be like. The only thing about FIFA 19 that I like is the no rules mode. Taking out players when they are through on goal with no consequences is very satisfying :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2019 at 05:43, Scott Harris said:

I played FIFA 19 for the first time during the Super Bowl with my brother..........I hate it. It used to be crazy fun where you could play ridiculous passes or score insane long range goals, it's not like that anymore though. The shooting reminds me a bit of what PES used to be like, and I never liked PES. Actually, gameplay in general feels more like what PES used to be like. The only thing about FIFA 19 that I like is the no rules mode. Taking out players when they are through on goal with no consequences is very satisfying :biggrin:

I bought it on Friday because there’s an EA publisher sale on Xbox and managed to pick up FIFA 19 & Madden 19 for £32. I should have just bought Madden...

 

In my opinion after a weekend with it, it’s the worst FIFA yet. It’s so slow and clunky, pace is pretty much irrelevant. Kompany caught Hazard when he was clean through from about 10 yards behind him, it’s absolutey ludicrous. The first touch and passing is woeful, it’s like your players have lead boots on.

 

The fact they’ve got rid of the low driven shot is stupid as well as you should be able to decide when you want to hit a low strike. The timed finish I’m not a fan of either. 

 

Overall, I just think the game seems to go backwards now. I’d be fuming if I paid full price for it. Oh well, Madden doesn’t usually let me down so that’ll get a chance this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I bought it on Friday because there’s an EA publisher sale on Xbox and managed to pick up FIFA 19 & Madden 19 for £32. I should have just bought Madden...

 

In my opinion after a weekend with it, it’s the worst FIFA yet. It’s so slow and clunky, pace is pretty much irrelevant. Kompany caught Hazard when he was clean through from about 10 yards behind him, it’s absolutey ludicrous. The first touch and passing is woeful, it’s like your players have lead boots on.

 

The fact they’ve got rid of the low driven shot is stupid as well as you should be able to decide when you want to hit a low strike. The timed finish I’m not a fan of either. 

 

Overall, I just think the game seems to go backwards now. I’d be fuming if I paid full price for it. Oh well, Madden doesn’t usually let me down so that’ll get a chance this week!

I agree this year it is a bad FIFA. However, you can still do the driven shots by pressing R1 + L1 and Shoot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I agree this year it is a bad FIFA. However, you can still do the driven shots by pressing R1 + L1 and Shoot. 

Yeah a mate in work told me that this morning when I was moaning! A lot more hassle than it was last year when it was just B (O) twice, especially since the defence block everything this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Yeah a mate in work told me that this morning when I was moaning! A lot more hassle than it was last year when it was just B (O) twice, especially since the defence block everything this year.

Yeah i agree. Find them to be alot more inaccurate anyway. I turned the timed shooting feature off. Just could not get to grips with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...