Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

Why? Just his second season and I don't see anything conspicuously lacking in Frank. Players seem to want to play for him and respect him, he's clever and articulate, got a good relationship with the higher ups and his staff, he's close to sorting out the defence, our attacking play is beginning to improve. Our youth have a clear pathway into the 1st team, something that few managers will find the need to invest in,

Klopp too 4 years to get Liverpool at the top. Why would we be willing to give Frank any less time to prove himself given all else that I mentioned?

I am happy to wait another 2-3 years to start winning trophies while Frank and the team gain experience and evolves. Only good things ahead and one of the stupidest things we can do at the moment is to not be patient and let go of a potentially special long-term manager.

Klopp was a established and successful manager before he took over at Anfield...FL had 1 season in EPL and 1 season in PL...hardly the same...

12 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Klopp was a established and successful manager before he took over at Anfield...

He wasn't when he took over Dortmund, so maybe they should have sacked him when they struggled initially?

Infact if it's all about what they've done in the past, why didn't we just appoint Jose, Wenger or LVG?

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

He wasn't when he took over Dortmund, so maybe they should have sacked him when they struggled initially?

Infact if it's all about what they've done in the past, why didn't we just appoint Jose, Wenger or LVG?

Dortmund then wasn't anywhere near where Chelsea is now...top clubs shouldn't be experimenting with inexperienced managers even those that were club legends...look at Solskjaer at United...FL has been found out too many times already...top clubs need top managers...

7 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Dortmund then wasn't anywhere near where Chelsea is now...top clubs shouldn't be experimenting with inexperienced managers even those that were club legends...look at Solskjaer at United...FL has been found out too many times already...top clubs need top managers...

So far the experiment have worked so why not?

Top clubs need top managers you say but Barcelona and Real Madrid don't regret Guardiola & Zidane do they? Both came from managing the reserves. Conte came from managing a few small sides to restarting Juventus dominance in Italy by three winning league-titles in a row.

Have a look and you'll find tons of examples of top clubs being very successful with managers without the "top manager" reputation going into the job.

Edited by Sindre

9 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Right so if someone now was showing the promise Klopp did around the late 00's you would not want them and instead prefer someone like Wenger of LVG because they have a "proven track record"?

33 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

But it's OK to experiment with a manager that is top second best at his best? Frank has as manager so far as many titles as Pochetino and we play better football than the spuds did with Pochetino.

7 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Chelsea is too big a club to use inexperienced managers...I hope FL does prove me wrong but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a more experienced hand at the wheel...

You still haven't answered the question.

Would you take Wenger or LVG?

Edited by Argo

19 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Chelsea is too big a club to use inexperienced managers...I hope FL does prove me wrong but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a more experienced hand at the wheel...

I don't know for sure, but I would be amazed if FL was appointed just on the basis of who he is and what he has achieved in the game - although that will have played its part.

As with all appointments at this level, whether its football, banking, insurance etc the interview process will have been extensive and exhausting to ensure a better than good fit for both parties and mostly it works - A large part of that process will be for the candidate to sell themselves, present their vision of how/what they will achieve and over what time frame and make their demands also.

I cannot imagine that thats not what happened prior to Frank’s appointment , he will have given an account of his future and it must have been enough cause he’s in position experience or no?

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Klopp was a established and successful manager before he took over at Anfield...FL had 1 season in EPL and 1 season in PL...hardly the same...

And yet Frank has done better in the premier league than Klopp did in his first 2 seasons. Strange that.

So what exactly is it about Frank that makes you think hes 5 years away from being able to manage Chelsea? What specific qualities is he lacking in, what is he doing that means he has to spend 5 more years learning?

Edited by dkw

I can't remember any other managers being considered for the job before it went to FL...maybe they were put off by the transfer ban and RA apparently looking to sell the club...it was pragmatic to use FL for that season and give youth a chance but now with an open  field perhaps we should be looking elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

And yet Frank has done better in the premier league than Klopp did in his first 2 seasons. Strange that.

So what exactly is it about Frank that makes you think hes 5 years away from being able to manage Chelsea? What specific qualities is he lacking in, what is he doing that means he has to spend 5 more years learning?

Tactical nounce and  experience...which no doubt he will develop bit Chelsea can afford for him to get it while he's their manager...

28 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Your opinion...

Just like it's yours that FL and JM are Championship level, but yours is unsubstantiated as they took us last season to 4 place and a final, so obviously they are not championship level. My opinion, however, it's supported by a lack of any title won by spuds with Pochetino. 

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

Just like it's yours that FL and JM are Championship level, but yours is unsubstantiated as they took us last season to 4 place and a final, so obviously they are not championship level. My opinion, however, it's supported by a lack of any title won by spuds with Pochetino. 

Life is about opinions...

Just now, doctorblue said:

Sheffield Utd last season...BM in CL

Do you think we are a better side over the past 3 or 4 games since we got a consistent side made up of the players we all knew we were lacking compared to that 1 game against Sheff U?

30 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

The results can't be denied...but do I think FL will take us to PL and CL trophies... I doubt it...but I would be happy to be proved wrong...

Agree with you doctorblue,I've been of the opinion Frank won't win us PL or CL,I would love to be wrong but don't think I am.

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Chelsea is too big a club to use inexperienced managers...

As a matter of interest and if you can be arsed to answer - its not meant to be a trick question btw  - what was your view of Scolari and also of De Matteo ?