Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 29th Dec 14:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

18 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I agree with what you say about the back 5 but why play kova jorginho and kante when we have defensive fullbacks that will mean we have 7 defensive players on the field wud rather we play 2 of the 3 and play mount between the lines . We were in control but took over when lamps brought on CHO for kovacic and switched to a 4231 that way we had 4 attacking players on with kante and lamptey joining in

This is a good and important question. I don’t believe there is one right or wrong answer. To my way of thinking:

1 you play your 11 best players

2 if you have 3 box to box midfielders you can (a) play out of the press more easily , (b) transition more smoothly from defence to attack and vice versa (c) rotate which midfielder is pushing forward retaking the element of surprise (d) tie up lots of their defence in the centre of the park creating opportunities for the wide players. 

10 hours ago, ozboy said:

This is a good and important question. I don’t believe there is one right or wrong answer. To my way of thinking:

1 you play your 11 best players

2 if you have 3 box to box midfielders you can (a) play out of the press more easily , (b) transition more smoothly from defence to attack and vice versa (c) rotate which midfielder is pushing forward retaking the element of surprise (d) tie up lots of their defence in the centre of the park creating opportunities for the wide players. 

That definitely works but the problem is that jorginho is not a box to box midfielder. He will get sent off everygsme for holding it he was playing box to box because the man has no legs.. if we buy a mobile midfielder or recall Conor Gallagher I wil be happy with a midfield 3 . But we are asking kovacic and Kante to be our midfield creators with jorginho sitting and I don't think that is playing to their strengths of

Edited by The Don Antonio