Hello All!

Joseph
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi all, great to be here. I've come here in search of quality Chels discussion, as football Twitter is painful at times. I have the privilege of being a younger fan - only a few months older than Hudson-Odoi in fact - so I managed to avoid suffering through the bleaker periods of our history, but it's never stopped me from learning about it. Both my dad and grandad are Chelsea fans and they've told me many stories about the trials and tribulations they endured.

I should let you know off the bat that I haven't been to the Bridge...yet. I will go eventually, when time and finances allow for it. I have watched the mighty Chels before however at Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton and numerous Northern clubs near me. So I'm not 100% plastic. 

My favourite Chelsea player ever is JT, closely followed by Lampard, Zola, Drogba and Hazard. 

I hope I can contribute to a couple of discussions and maybe see some of you at the Bridge one day. Thanks all!

KTBFFH

10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Welcome Joseph, I'm old enough to be your Dad and almost old enough to be your Grandad!

Surprised to hear you are from the North yet reassured by your favourite players, look forward to your posts and beware the Match Day thread can be a bit spicy.

Thank you, I look forward to joining in ?

40 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

He'll be alright - I keep out of the insanity room when my team is playing.

I'm exactly the same must be an age thing if we hit the bar I don't think right I'll go on here or Twitter (I'm not on it ) and type unlucky but he should have scored.  Another reason I don't go on the matchday chat is the @Malta Blue and @Munkworth double act it makes Hale and Pace look like genius (sorry lads?).

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

I'm exactly the same must be an age thing if we hit the bar I don't think right I'll go on here or Twitter (I'm not on it ) and type unlucky but he should have scored.  Another reason I don't go on the matchday chat is the @Malta Blue and @Munkworth double act it makes Hale and Pace look like genius (sorry lads?).

You miss all the inspiration sock chat from @Valerie. Your loss I guess...

11 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You miss all the inspiration sock chat from @Valerie. Your loss I guess...

Someone is voluntarily turning his back on the Sock of the Day segment in the matchday chats :shok: ?

Welcome Joseph, you'll learn to appreciate certain humour (or not) and @yorkleyblue's objective, even-keeled, understated opinions. 

Worst case scenario is you end up on his ignore list :greysweat:

And on behalf of @Mod Stark: don't hesitate to make a small (or big) donation towards the running of this site now and again when you like it here.

17 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I like to think we are more comparable to stilgoe and skellern

Hi everyone, I am Peter from Hungary and I have been a Chelsea fan since 2006. First of all sorry for my English because not perfect yet. One of my goals to learn the language and I think join the group actively. My passion is football and the only club (except for Hungary) which I have ever supported is CFC. 

I grew up maybe in the best era. In October 2006 I sat down to watch Chelsea-Barcelona because I was thinking Barca is a good team and I heard a lot about Ronaldinho etc. But that Drogba goal.. I fell in love this team for a lifetime. In the second match already I support Chelsea and Drogba scored again and Lampard scored an incredible goal too. 

I fell in love with club football and Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cech became my favorite players and I was a big Mourinho fan. When Lampard scored a penalty goal against Liverpool in 2008 I think that was one of the most emotional moments for the Chelsea history. And the final.. we never forget but my passion for this club became even stronger than ever. 

After Lampard was fired I lost my faith but I still support and hope Mason, Tammy and the young guys follow a similar part like the old ones. 

London is blue!  

37 minutes ago, Peterball said:

Yes, Hungarian language maybe is one of the most hardest in the world. ?

(At least Zsolt Low can help the team learn ?

Haha, I recently had time to kill and chatted to a Hungarian worker at a train station, shocked to find a could not pronounce basic words.

Out of interest what would you say is the largest second language spoken in Hungary?

55 minutes ago, Peterball said:

Yes, Hungarian language maybe is one of the most hardest in the world. ?

(At least Zsolt Low can help the team learn ?

My ex tried to teach me but it didn’t go well. Tried again with duolingo which was a bit better but it’s all gone now! 

Where in Hungary are you from?

10 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Haha, I recently had time to kill and chatted to a Hungarian worker at a train station, shocked to find a could not pronounce basic words.

Out of interest what would you say is the largest second language spoken in Hungary?

I'm afraid we don't speak well enough English but maybe more and more people try to be better at it. Hungarian people is currently lagging behind its other countries for example German people who speak English fluently in general (for example Tuchel, Werner and Havertz ? ). 

In Hungary the two most popular foreign-language maybe English and German. 

Fun fact: foreign people often say "Hungry" not Hungary and our capital is not Bucharest because that is not the same as Budapest. But for example when Chelsea last played here against Videoton (2-2 under Sarri in the Europa League, I was there) Caballero posted to his Instagram page that the match was in Istanbul. ?