So who do you think is realistic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

23 minutes ago, CGray said:

Rom is built for the Prem, wasn’t given enough time as a youngster which seems to be a Chels way of the past,

KTBFFH

I dont think it was the way of the past, I think with many of the players that we let go that are now stars, the player themselves werent happy to play a bit part and wanted more first team action, you look at the players these young guys expected to get game time ahead of, in Luckys case it was Drogs, he could have stayed around and learnt from him but wanted off, its more a case of Chels dont want to have unhappy players at the club and if the right offer comes in then they are free to go. 

16 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I dont think it was the way of the past, I think with many of the players that we let go that are now stars, the player themselves werent happy to play a bit part and wanted more first team action, you look at the players these young guys expected to get game time ahead of, in Luckys case it was Drogs, he could have stayed around and learnt from him but wanted off, its more a case of Chels dont want to have unhappy players at the club and if the right offer comes in then they are free to go. 

Yeah fair point I can see that. 

With the almost ‘instant dominance’ Abram wanted it definitely limited youngsters game time, and with footballing being a relatively short career length at the very top, can understand players wanting to move away. 

Always believed Rom loves the club even now, giving him his first real career move, and think he is a player who wants to feel that same emotion back

6 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Actually our problem isn't zappacosta or bats. You still need to spend a bit here and there to fill up you squad. Some of them will fail and it is normal. 

The problem with us is the big money signing. We have spent 250m in two seasons for attackers and we still need a top st. We spent 70 m on dm and we still need a top dm. We spent 70 m on gk and we need to spent another 20 to get Mendy and luckily he is better than advertised. 

Imagine if kepa, werner, Jorgi, Havertz, puli are wc. We will be at city n pool level and we will contend for both cl and pl title year in n year out 

Edited by Bob stark

10 hours ago, Bonzodog29 said:

Like who?

Mourinho let go of Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku - since then, we haven't let go of a single player from the first team who went on to be a star elsewhere.

2 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Like who?

Mourinho let go of Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku - since then, we haven't let go of a single player from the first team who went on to be a star elsewhere.

That de Bruyne sales was absolutely idiotic.

I really don't mind selling salah n Lukaku. Salah will never reach his peak playing opposite of Hazard and Lukaku simply need more playing time elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

That de Bruyne sales was absolutely idiotic.

I really don't mind selling salah n Lukaku. Salah will never reach his peak playing opposite of Hazard and Lukaku simply need more playing time elsewhere. 

very difficult to predict what would have happened with Salah because it was only Roma where he started showing his potential and with Lukaku i dont know if he is truly a big man worldclass striker like a prime Drogba/Ibra/Lewa/Cavani etc.

16 hours ago, Bob stark said:

We have three wingers on the book. Let's get another winger 

City and Liverpool seem to be doing just fine without a big target striker, alot of forwards/wingers though. I just think Chiesa would be a bigger upgrade for our attack, without loosing our high press and keeping Havertz in his best position as a false 9.

1 hour ago, comtrend said:

City and Liverpool seem to be doing just fine without a big target striker, alot of forwards/wingers though. I just think Chiesa would be a bigger upgrade for our attack, without loosing our high press and keeping Havertz in his best position as a false 9.

Yep that could work though don't see Chiesa coming to the EPL.

5 hours ago, comtrend said:

We have 3 wingers on the book and we kinda play a wingless system where we play our winger as wb. Adding another one is crazy 

13 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

We have 3 wingers on the book and we kinda play a wingless system where we play our winger as wb. Adding another one is crazy 

Chiesa is not a winger though. He is a wide forward like Ronaldo ,Mane or Son. He presses like a mad man but is just a pipe dream because juve will want him to take over from Cristiano after next season

2 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Chiesa is not a winger though. He is a wide forward like Ronaldo ,Mane or Son. He presses like a mad man but is just a pipe dream because juve will want him to take over from Cristiano after next season

I think I watched him once or twice and he looks like a winger but  it looks you have watched him more then I trust your opinion.

If he is really more of a forward in the mould of the three that you mentioned then he can certainly work. 

Edited by Bob stark

False 9 is the way to go at the moment IMO, there are so few top class centre-forwards on the planet. L Jovic did well in the Bundesliga, since signing for Madrid, well...  But the little I've seen of Haaland, seems he's got more of an all-round game than Jovic.