Server Move next week

Mod

33 minutes ago, Mod said:

Nice one @RMH it may have been that the move just refreshed everything, but at least it’s sorted. I saw you were stuck on the old server yesterday. It takes a while for the DNS to update for some.

Wondering if @charierre can now use the ipad now it’s moved.

Yes, I could not get into the forum until this morning and then now I still get redirected to Action Man server most of the times, unless I write the address. It will get swifter eventually. Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, I could not get into the forum until this morning and then now I still get redirected to Action Man server most of the times, unless I write the address. It will get swifter eventually. Thanks! 

Yea its where the domain is pointing to the new server so takes time to catch up and adjust for some people. I had it myself yesterday and had to find other ways of viewing it on the new server, my IP has only just caught up this morning.

It seems to work really well on my iPad and iPhone but it is painful to open on my MacBook Pro laptop. It is very slow. I get this sign image.thumb.png.c2e0bcc470b8cca6d2b7d6dbb6e006c3.png

I've checked on google chrome and it works much better, so it's a Safari issue. Why would this be?

6 minutes ago, Mod said:

Not seen that before @RMH Anyone else on Mac Safari get the same thing?

Are you AF member @RMH ? And logged in at the time?

No, I'm not an AF member (yet) but I'm logged in. It's definitely a Safari issue as I am now on chrome and I don't have the writing lag I suffer on Safari.

2 hours ago, Mod said:

Weird that @RMH it’s almost like it’s taking a lot to load the page but all seems quick this end even on phone (Safari)

I guess you’ve deleted all the cache and cookies then logging in again?

Yes, deleted all cache and cookies. I also use safari on iPad and iPhone and, though it is a bit slower than normal, not to the level of safari on my MacBook. I need to test it on chrome on my iPad and iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Mod said:

I thought I’d stick it here to save starting a new thread @LongtimerLurker but I’ve checked Chrome on mobile and don’t get any issues, in fact it’s better than Safari on iPhone for the forum. You might need to refresh your cache or something.

0B84EB46-90A5-48C4-9734-289B01549BC9.jpeg

I use chrome on iphone daily having my breakfast at the cafe on wifi with no problems.

On 27/02/2023 at 15:41, coco said:

I use chrome on iphone daily having my breakfast at the cafe on wifi with no problems.

Hi, I just stumbled onto these posts about Iphone/Chrome.  For what it's worth I do have some issues with it, it sort of jumps about on the page when refreshing and is quite slow. It seems to me like it tries to place the ads and spends quite a few seconds getting it right - it that makes any sense 🙂 

It's not a big deal though, thought I'd just mention it. I'll try refreshing the cache as well, thanks for the advice 👍