Where the hell are our new signings?

Iceman

I'm hoping that we get Anelka before Spurs game so he could play. Otherwise we have plenty of time to get other players as well. You remember that Gallas-Cole swap which was finished allegedly in "the last minutes of the transfer window".

I think we have other offers in at the moment. They just haven't leaked yet..

Well Kenyon just got back from his holliday so we might start seing some new players now. Santos and Ivanovic are supposed to be as good as done and we just need Kenyon to finalize things.

Anelka will join us soon apparently. Hopefully before our next game.

We were supposed to get another midfielder but I haven't heard any rumours. There's been talk about Modric and Van der Vaart but we won't get them. Modric wont leave this season (and probably not end up at Chelsea) and VDV will join Juventus, probably in the summer.

The transfer window is always like this. Very few big deals get done until the last few days. Selling clubs try and squeeze every penny they can and at the asme time they like the idea of being able to use the players for the month of January before flogging them (unless they are wanting to avod the risk of injury).

Well Kenyon just got back from his holliday so we might start seing some new players now. Santos and Ivanovic are supposed to be as good as done and we just need Kenyon to finalize things.

I keep hearing that!

At the busiest time of the season for your cheif executive WHAT THE f**k IS HE DOING ON HOLIDAY? icon_eek.gif

I recently read an interview taken with Drogba about this time last year when he was talking about signing for Chelsea and it got me thinking:

The £24m move to Chelsea came out of the blue. “For me, it was a big surprise,” Drogba says. “I was expecting to stay at Marseille and for the team to do something big. The club hadn’t done that for a few years and there was a feeling that we could. I wanted to win the French title with them. But then I went away with the national team (Ivory Coast) and heard that Chelsea wanted to sign me. I was surprised and not certain what to do because I had everything I wanted, including good money, at Marseille, so there was no reason for me to move. I had many good friends there.”

Jose Mourinho’s silver tongue persuaded him. “Mourinho had first noticed me when I was at Guingamp,” Drogba said. “Then when I was first at Marseille and he was at Porto, we played each other in the Champions League and I heard he wanted to take me to Portugal with him, but didn’t have the money. So I knew he liked me as a player, and he really wanted me to come to Chelsea and did everything he could to get me. He was very persuasive and I knew he believed in me. That’s why I decided to come.”

Now Avi has been given a transfer budget in January and we desperately need to strenghten our forward-line, where is the unearthed gem he has had his eye on for a couple of years. Which players career has he been tracking with interest in the hope he could one day sign him. What players caught his eye a few years ago that Grant wanted to manage and nurture their ability. I give you world football and premiership journey man Nicholas Anelka. Now don't get me wrong I think it's a sensible transfer, but it's hardly your uncut diamond is it?

Let's hope Di Santos is alright, and the other fella Ivanovic who I know little about.

All 3 yet to sign though!

Remeber the 'Let's see what he does in the transfer window before we judge him'' etc........C'mon Grant you've done f**k all so far, judgement from the masses isn't far away! Get Kenyon off the fairground rides and get him to sign your players!

Although my opinion of him hasn't changed from day one and is unlikely to from what I've seen so far.

The transfer window is always like this. Very few big deals get done until the last few days. Selling clubs try and squeeze every penny they can and at the asme time they like the idea of being able to use the players for the month of January before flogging them (unless they are wanting to avod the risk of injury).

The problem we have is that we really need the new signings now. If they don't come until 31st Jan we won't need them quite so much, except maybe a striker still.

I thought Franco spelled Santo with an S in the end. 300.gif

If not then I'd better start spelling his name correctly so nobody confuses him with Giovanni. icon_wink.gif

Nice to have a new Franco at Chelsea though. happy0034.gif

Franco hasnt signed anything yet!!! smack_head.gifsmack_head.gifsmack_head.gif

That's just because that stupid t*at Kenyon's been on holiday. He'll sign soon...I think... 300.gif

would like to see us at least confirm that we have signed these players. Also, how long does it take for us to register a player into the team once we have signed them?? For instance, if this Santos kid were to be confirmed tomorrow, could he be on the bench against the yi*s

Scott

I think it is probably pretty safe to say that when Kenyon is on holiday he won't be desperately searching for a public phone box that hasn't been vandalised when he needs to get in contact with someone!

In terms of carrying out his role in negotiating deals etc it won't make a jot of difference if Kenyon is sitting in his office at the Bridge or sitting by the poolside in Koh Samui! Everything he would need would be available to him when he needed it.

I think it is probably pretty safe to say that when Kenyon is on holiday he won't be desperately searching for a public phone box that hasn't been vandalised when he needs to get in contact with someone!

In terms of carrying out his role in negotiating deals etc it won't make a jot of difference if Kenyon is sitting in his office at the Bridge or sitting by the poolside in Koh Samui! Everything he would need would be available to him when he needed it.

I think it does Loz. Colin Hutchinson was the undisputed master of transfer negotiations and Uncle Ken used to say a big part of his strategy was to make early face to face contact. Not just with the intended target, but with his family as well to get them on board.

I remember reading the Michael Laudrup signing was clinched by Hutch personally presenting a Chelsea shirt, autographed by all the players, to his young kid.

How I'd love those type of transfer dealings to return. Pick up the paper in the morning to find we'd already done the deal and signed another Guillit, Desailly, Zola or Di Matteo. All completed without the media having had an inkling any such move was in the offing.

No denying that Just. But that sort of stuff will have / should have happened a while ago now. How much face to face meet the family stuff is going to be happening between Christmas and New year?

Where we are now is the negotiations between club officials and agents and that can be done from anywhere.

Seems like a lot of chairmen are away at the start of the year which seems ridiculous, I can't get time off during our busiest time of the year.

That said, didn't Star tell us the other week that Kenyon was talking to the spuds board about Berbatov? Unlike Loz I think any serious negotiations should be done face to face wherever possible.

flip-flops, Chick-boy, suntan lotion (high factor), sun hat.............

Archived