Forget Deco, Lets Get Arshavin

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I know he plays a bit furtther forward than deco, but they are similar players...he is real quality and is a lot younger and so can do the business for years...looks good every time I see him play and another impressive showing for russia tonight

like I said, every time I have seen him play he has impressed...just has a very silky touch, great pass, very creative and ability to find the space...i would argue he deserves to play at a higher level than neverton and losecastle

like I said, every time I have seen him play he has impressed...just has a very silky touch, great pass, very creative and ability to find the space...i would argue he deserves to play at a higher level than neverton and losecastle

He's a good player, but for some reason he reminds me a lot of Hleb- a player who would look for the pass rather than take the goal.

We need someone who is capable of 10-15 goals as well as assists.

He looks really good but I don't think Scolari would build our game around him.. I still want VDV. There is no saying Roman wont want/buy him but I just think he wouldn't play that much in the first season and a young guy like needs to play hence Toons is better choice for him.

The more I think of it, the more I do NOT want Deco to join us.

Yes, he's a fantastic player and there aren't many like him. BUT, he is old and Chelsea shouldn't turn into this retirement community club where we're signing players who have a few years left in their legs for ridiculous amounts and offering them 12000 a week!!

PLEASE go in for younger blood.

NO DECO!

He was excellent in Zenit's UEFA Cup success last season and it was then he came to Everton's attention. They did express an interest but nothing came of it. I suspect he will be touted for a move in the next few weeks.

I know he plays a bit furtther forward than deco, but they are similar players...he is real quality and is a lot younger and so can do the business for years...looks good every time I see him play and another impressive showing for russia tonight

I agree, he looks very good, but I do think deco is better- why not both? he's the perfect player for a 4231 given he can play any of those 3 positions.

however, let me put this to you- if we sign a younger player, wouldn't that hurt kakuta's progress more? deco and kakuta's careers for example won't overlap in the way that vdv or arshavin's would. (another example would be barca taking guily, and being able to phase him out for messi when the time was right).

Arshavin is not that young, he is 27, i'm surprised he wasn't snatched earlier. I suggested us taking a look at him and another Russian Yuri Zhirkov(plays as a RB under Hiddink but he's actually a RW) long time ago on this forum but didn't receive much enthusiasm from others.

Sorry, i got a bit disoriented, he is in fact a left winger and a very underrated one. I'd rather see him on the left for us than say,Malouda.

he does look the other stand out player for you, shame the zenit target man isn't there.

I'd rather zenden than malouda though. and gronks a million times over.

he does look the other stand out player for you, shame the zenit target man isn't there.

I'd rather zenden than malouda though. and gronks a million times over.

*sigh* no one beat his man like Gronks... unfortunatley no one crossed as badly as him either :D