Kalou, handcuff celebration?

Gem

Sky Sports say Kalou celebrated both his goals by crossing his wrists in front of him, Cahill esc, tonight. Anyone know what that was about? Supporting Mikel? Family/friend? Taking the mick out of the Starfish from Scumsville?

He did do it Gem and I have no idea what it was about. It isn't a celebration I particularly like seeing as it can open up a can of worms once you know what it was referring to. If it was in support of Mikel it was very ill advised as that still has to go to court.

He did do it Gem and I have no idea what it was about. It isn't a celebration I particularly like seeing as it can open up a can of worms once you know what it was referring to. If it was in support of Mikel it was very ill advised as that still has to go to court.

Don't know....dont think it was the handcuff sign.

I was outraged at the time, because it looked like the West Ham 'Irons' celebration of crossing your forearms.

Someone other than Kalou dd it as well...don't think either of them looked like handcuffs.

Eurosport now reporting that the FA will look into it. Glad to see they are fulfilling their quota for uselessness. It wasnt for Mikel, and I dont really see what the big deal is, or why it needs to become an issue out of nothing.

Eurosport also mentioned that Drogba did the after one goal (Ivory Coast connection) and I realize the club denied it, but I guess I dont understand silencing Salomon IF he was expressing his opinion on the plight of that guy. Or why speaking out for human rights needs to be investigated.

Eurosport now reporting that the FA will look into it. Glad to see they are fulfilling their quota for uselessness. It wasnt for Mikel, and I dont really see what the big deal is, or why it needs to become an issue out of nothing.

Eurosport also mentioned that Drogba did the after one goal (Ivory Coast connection) and I realize the club denied it, but I guess I dont understand silencing Salomon IF he was expressing his opinion on the plight of that guy. Or why speaking out for human rights needs to be investigated.

Can someone point me a link to the FA investigation of Liverpool players all wearing Free Michael Shields T-shirts in a pre-match warm-up? I'm sure it was a very thorough inquiry, so there must be lots of online coverage of it.

Kalou has said:

"People are always going to think there is something in what you do, but it didn't mean anything," he said.

"I was just happy. I don't even know the guy - it has nothing to do with football. It wasn't for him, I don't know him so I don't know why I should celebrate for him?"

However, the Daily Hate Mail has described the celebration as follows:

He may be in trouble with the FA after his celebrations, a scandalous handcuff salute in honour of Assale Tiemoko Antoine, an Ivory Coast political rebel who was released from prison last wee

So Kalou must be lying, then.

He may be in trouble with the FA after his celebrations, a scandalous handcuff salute in honour of Assale Tiemoko Antoine, an Ivory Coast political rebel who was released from prison last wee

EVEN IF he meant that - and of ALL the players I know, Kalou is the one I can wager my life is not lying (due to his religious beliefs and general outlook) - even IF he meant it, exactly how is supporting free speech considered scandalous.

IF he meant it, the FA has rules against expression of political statements during games and Kalou would be punished according to the letter of the law, but in no conceivable manner is it scandalous. Truly staggering from a filth that makes a living out of free speech. Any dictator worthy of the name would have shut them long ago (which I don't promote of course).

Archived