JT sting - news of screws shafts our captain

The Brit

I don't think it is in a bad light to be honest (although they really want it to be). He gives the money to charity. So if it is true (and probably well over exaggerated by the tabloid), he is doing things quietly to make money for charities. I don't reckon the board would have a problem with that other than a "You should have told us John", and even then, they probably knew anyway.

The blow is the cut going to the tout, that's where he could be in the sh*t.

"He arranged the backstage visit for an undercover News of the World team WITHOUT permission from his club's boss Carlo Ancelotti."

"The £160,000-a-week defender hosted our three reporters, posing as rich businessmen, for more than two hours at the state-of-the-art ground in Cobham, Surrey."

"Thursday morning's ground visit was arranged after a two-month News of the World investigation into financial deals involving Terry."

So they're deliberately setting him up? That's ridiculous if you ask me, and for being a "secret cash scandal" JT didn't sound like it was a big deal when he was said "If the club finds out, it's a little bit. . . you know." The only line that would probably truly anger Carlo is "Terry even gave an insight into tactics as the team prepared for today's match against West Ham." but they provide no evidence that actually occurred.

All I take from this is that some worthless tabloid is out £10,000 and a good charity made £8,000.

And England boss Fabio Capello is said to be concerned that Terry is too money-orientated, particularly at a time when the Chelsea team he leads is leaking goals

If he was so money orientated why did he decline becoming the worlds richest paid footballer at citeh? New of the world is a disgrace of a newspaper. They say that they are going to make the information available to the fa and chelsea. To start with wt the f*ck can the fa do about it? Its internal matters at a club and i think a lot of it, as others have mentioned is greatly exaggerated. This newspaper is out to get him.

I'm usually the first to jump on JT's back about his wages, but if this is all they could pick up on after two months and if the money does go to charity well it must have been a poor week for news at the "nobs of the world"

I also like the fact he auctions off his old boots for charity

I cant see too much wrong with somebody trying to blag a few quid for a very worthy charity . Maybe he went about it the wrong way but i honestly think J.T. wont come out of this with too many scars. How many people will actually give a f**k that he scammed money from a usless rag to help children.

what a rubbish non-story this is. on another site there were the usual idiot fans of other clubs saying how terrible it is until someone pointed out the last paragraph..

As we left Bruce offered more visits to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, naming two high-profile figures who could help lay them on.

glass houses and all that.

Well if you ever needed proof that the News of the World is a pathetic piece of sh*t, here it is.

Not only have they completely and utterly gone out of their way to set him up, but they have also turned our beloved and brilliant captain giving money to charity into some sort of 'scandal'.

What an absolute farce. There is no scandal in this whatsoever. At the end of the day, the charities are £10,000 better off, and some lucky people get to meet the England captain and best defender in the country.

It does seem a bit of a fuss about not a lot , however no doubt people will say was the money really going to charity ? That will be the implication.

Chelsea will want some answers that is for sure. And forgive if i am wrong but im pretty sure JT earns a good 150k and so im a bit dubious as to his needs for 8 grand in a brown envelope.

At the end of the day it has to be asked, just what is his thinking here ?

Is that the best they can come up with? Hardly incriminating is it?? Doing a bit on the side for charity and a friend. We know he's not doing it for himself because £10,000 to him is pocket money.

I wish they would leave our f*cking captain alone the dirty press w*nkers!

Every Sunday, every Sunday there is something about John & his family. It seems a stupid way of going about things, but to spend all this time & effort on setting him up, pathetic.

Always before a big game as well, funny that.

It does seem a bit of a fuss about not a lot , however no doubt people will say was the money really going to charity ? That will be the implication.

Chelsea will want some answers that is for sure. And forgive if i am wrong but im pretty sure JT earns a good 150k and so im a bit dubious as to his needs for 8 grand in a brown envelope.

I have to agree with you. I think Chelsea and JT needs to sort this mess out and quick. Give evidence that the money went to charity, tell JT off for going behind their backs and settle everything.

I just hope the money did go to charity because if they didn't JT will be in serious trouble.

I just hope the money did go to charity because if they didn't JT will be in serious trouble.

He will have only just received the money, or rather the guy who was given it wil have only just had the money at the end of last week. Hardly any time to hand it over to the children's charity. Whenever I've raised money for charity it's often been weeks before i've actually handed over the cash - or more usually, banked the cash and transferred it via bank giro or sent them a cheque - so I can't see there's any chance he can be found out over not passing it on yet.

He will have only just received the money, or rather the guy who was given it wil have only just had the money at the end of last week. Hardly any time to hand it over to the children's charity. Whenever I've raised money for charity it's often been weeks before i've actually handed over the cash - or more usually, banked the cash and transferred it via bank giro or sent them a cheque - so I can't see there's any chance he can be found out over not passing it on yet.

True, but I got the feeling that he had done this more than once and then the other money should have gone to charity by now.

But maybe I misinterpreted the article and this was the first time?

This is my only worry. The amount in comparison to his normal salary, and the fact that this is going to damage his relations with the club. Now, if he doesnt incur some kind of fine or discipline for this, other players will see him as above the law. The club should fine him a weeks wages, and make him donate it all to the charity.

I f**king hate news of the world. What is their personal vendetta against him? Its not like other footballers dont have embarrassing family and relations.

expect to see a retraction and apology hidden away on some random page in a tiny article in about a months time. this paper really are f**king scum, they are supposed to report the news not create it by setting people up. i honestly cant believe they are allowed to do stuff like this.

How times have changed. Once it was Johnny Foreigner undermining an England captain [remember Bobby Moore] with a scam designed to get him locked up in South American clink pre-World Cup and now forty years later we’ve got a poor excuse for a newspaper trying to stick the knife in for them! What can possibly be the motive for attempting entrapment of your own skipper so close to England going to the World Cup finals? Strikes me that the ’public interest’ plea these grubby journos churn out every time this question is asked simply does not stand up to scrutiny here, unless you consider the ‘ulterior motive’ aspect. In which case maybe it’s because he plays for Chelsea…or more to the point those paragons of virtue who were his rivals for the England job, Rio and Stevie, do not.

Chelsea deny claims against Terry

Dec 20 2009

Chelsea have defended captain John Terry after allegations that he took secret cash payments to lay on a behind-the- scenes tour of the club's training ground.

The News of the World claimed that £160,000-a-week Terry took a £10,000 payment, £8,000 of which he wanted to go to the 'Make A Wish' charity for children with the other £2,000 going to a middleman.

"Contrary to media reports and the appearance of edited video on Sunday morning the club is confident that at no time did Terry ask for or accept money in relation to visits to the training ground," said a Chelsea spokesman.

"Chelsea FC host a large number of visitors at the training ground throughout the year, the majority of which are made up of club sponsors, our charity partners and supporters.

"The players play a big part in these visits and John Terry naturally has a leading role, hosting a significant number of children and their families this season through our partner charities 'Help A London Child' and 'Right To Play.'

"John has also organised a number of visits for families with sick children as a result of personal correspondence."

Chelsea, however, deny any wrongdoing and say they will be stepping up security procedures.

The statement added: "Chelsea FC gives our players room to exercise their own discretion when contacted personally with regard to visits and the club keeps security and access to the training ground at Stamford Bridge under constant review.

"However, as a result of the security breach highlighted by this article we will be further reviewing access to our facilities and clamping down where there are gaps in the process."

entrapment noun

/ɪnˈtræp.mənt/ n formal

the practice of causing someone to do something they would not usually do by tricking them

Have the NoTW broken the law by gaining access to a secure area (our training ground) through deliberate deception, with the sole intention of luring someone to act in a fashion they wouldn't if they were not being so deceived?

If there's no law against it there damn well needs to be.

Well done to the club for dismissing the allegations, but the person to suffer from this appalling sting is JT. And of course the club, which is what the NoTW are trying to achieve.

What NOTW is doing is violating some serious ethics in the journalism field. I'll double check with one of my professors, get their opinion on it.

Well everyone on the other football forum I frequent have completely bought into it and are labelling JT 'scum' and all sorts. They also called me a stupid idiot for pointing out that the NOTW is full of sh*t and the money was going to charity.

Dude this is the same board who labels Shay Given as the greatest keeper in the league and has two idiots who think that Nani was going to replace Cristiano Ronaldo.

Archived