Chelsea vs Fulham (Prem) 28/12/09 1500 KO

loz

It would appear we will have Drogba, Mikel and Kalou available for this game so based on that, and recent performances, I would hope to see (but don't expect to see) something like

...........................................Cech...............................

Ivanovic.........................Alex.............Terry..............A Cole

...........................................Mikel................................

......................Belletti........................Ballack...................

.......................................Zhirkov...............................

.....................Anelka............................Drogba..............

(assuming Anelka is available)

Yes I do mean drop Lampard for Belletti. I have never been the biggest fan of Belletti but for me Lampard is doing very little at the moment and I thought Belletti offered more directness and injected more pace (not so much form a running perspective, more from a moving he ball on quickly perspective) into our midfield today than Lampard and Ballack have been doing for a while.

Zhirkov I would give a shot at the tip of the diamond on the grounds that everyone else being tried there is failing so it is time to try something different.

If Anelka is not available then start Sturridge again.

One thing that should happen is that the back 6 from Cech through to Mikel should keep their places.

where did you see drogs and kalou were available? Last i heard was that the ivory coast manager had requested them at their training camp after birmingham.

I really hope sturridge takes the opportunity of the coming weeks because in the little i have seen of him he looks quite the talent. Zhrkov at the tip of the diamond would be fantastic but i cant see it happening

Maybe we should give the Christmas tree a dress rehearsal before January. Lord knows that the diamond is utterly useless without Essien or an on-form Drogba to save our skins time and again. I agree with loz regarding the back six, and also regarding Belletti.

-----------Cech

Ivan--Alex--JT--A Cole

----------Mikel

-Belletti-------Lampard

--Anelka-----Zhirkov

--------Drogba

I really hope we can get out of this horrific run of form before it's too late. I doubt we can rely on Man Utd to drop yet more points.

Ancelotti announced today that a deal had been struck meaning all three could leave after the FUlham game.

that is very good news, fulham are playing well at the moment. In that case my lineup would go:

-------Cech

--ivan--alex--JT--Cole

-------mikel

-------lamps--ballack

--------zhikov

-------sturridge--drogs

If nico is back then him instead of studge. Want to keep lamps in the team although it is a valid argument giving him a couple games rest

.................................CECH

IVANOVIC.........ALEX.................TERRY...........ASHLEY

..................................MIKEL....................................

..........LAMPARD..........................ZHIRKOV............

.................................J.COLE..................................

............STURRIDGE.....................DROGBA..............

Then again, considering how soon after Birmingham game this game arrives, we'll probably see Carvalho and Ballack starting in place of Alex and Beletti.

As much as I'd want to, I don't expect to see Yury starting, at least until we run out of all the off form players Ancelotti sems to favor.

There is no doubt that the tip of the diamond has become a problem for Carlo. For it to be a success a creative attacking midfielder is needed for the job. So far Deco, Joe Cole, Lamps, and Malouda have failed miserably. The one footballer who comes to my mind, plays for Napoli in SerieA, and that is the 22 year old Slovak, Marek Hamsik. I have watched him play on a number of occasions and have been most impressed. I would love to see Carlo sign him along with Aguero at the January transfer window. In the meantime, for the upcoming game against Fulham, I would not be adverse to Kakutu or Zhirkov being tried at the tip.

I know only one thing about the fulham match: zhirkov has to play ffs. we sign him for 20m and then Carlo prefers Belletti over him. Makes no sence to me but whatever.

what i want to see:

-----------------cech------------------

---ivan-----alex----jt----------ashley

---------------Mikel-------------------

-----Joe-----Ballack-----Zhirkov-----

--------Sturridge--Drogba------------

I think Sturrage just needs a goal to generate a bit of confidence , prefer to see Alex start ahead of Ricky , hes less of a liability at set pieces.

I thought we played well against Brum but our final ball was non exsistent at times., Zhirkov has to start because nothing else is working .

Carlo is on egg shells now , a bad result on Monday and patience will be thin .

Cech

Ivan----alex----------Jt-----------Ashley

Mikel

--------Lampard------Zhirkov

J.Cole

Sturridge------------Drogba!

Zhirkov has definitely deserved the chance in the start 11. And Joe must get back in form. This could be the game, we´re a little down because of our last performances. This rival derby must kick some savagery in the lads.

Not playing Zhirkov is beyond me as well. He never gets to start an important game.. Carlo has played Kakuta, Borini and Huchinson but not a man who has played in lot bigger arenas with success than any of those three. Every time Zhirkov has played for us he has offered something different. Problem is he's been playing for 10 minutes per outing not leaving him time to make a name for himself.

Why can't we use him and Ashely on the pitch at the same time? Now that Malouda is suspended for Fulham we should use Zhirkov on the left of the diamond. Or even on the tip. Joey's just not firing at the moment which is sad and doing lot of damage to our aims to win something this season. I would prefer Kakuta between those two to be honest.

---------------Petr

Ivanovic---Alex-----Terry----A.Cole

--------------Mikel

---Ballack-----------Lampard

---------Zhirkov/Kakuta

---Anelka--------Drogba

..or replace Mikel with Ballack and field both Zhirkov and Kakuta, Gael being tip of the diamond. If Anelka is out play Sturridge.

No need to repeat what this win would do to us. Would be massive. Both, confidence and points needs to be bigger.

.................................CECH

..................................MIKEL....................................

..........LAMPARD..........................ZHIRKOV............

............STURRIDGE.....................DROGBA..............

My squad is the same.

.................................CECH....................................

..................................MIKEL...................................

..........LAMPARD..........................ZHIRKOV...............

............KALOU.............................DROGBA...............

After Saturday's cameo at St. Andrews, I wouldn't mind see him starting this game. But then again, he's been known to play one decent game and then about half a dozen shockers.

Alex to be picked over Carvalho is a no-brainer after his performance, in both defence AND attack.

In Malouda's absence, it's a great chance to give Zhirkov a start. I'm bloody hopeful.

Great that we will have the African players available for this match - could be a very important one, as Fulham are a great side and to be honest, we desperately need a convincing win to help us get back on track, especially with many important players missing. So anyway!

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Belletti - Zhirkov

Lampard

Drogba - Kalou

I'm going with the back four and Mikel because I thought they were all great against Birmingham, Belletti as he also had a good game and can offer a lot both going forward and defensively, and Zhirkov because Malouda's out and frankly after his second half performance in the last game I wouldn't have picked him anyway. Lampard just about gets the nod ahead of Cole for me because despite his form, he's still awesome, same goes for Drogba over Sturridge, and I thought Kalou looked great when he came on against Birmingham, so deserves a proper chance tomorrow.

--------------------------Cech------------------

Ivanovic--------Alex----------Terry---------A.Cole

--------------------------Mikel---------------------

---------------Ballack-------------Zhirkov-------

-------------------------Lampard-----------------

--------------Sturridge------------Drogba---------

My First game at the bridge is tomorrow. Came all the way from the states to see them play. Here's who I like to see play

cech

Ivan alex jt ACole

ballack

zhirkov lamps

JCole

Borini Drogs

unless Anelka is available. Mikel, sturridge ,Carvalho, and belletti on the bench

Well whoever plays, given our recent form, United and Le Arse gaining ground, Drogs and Co. off to the ACN and the Foolham fans as per usual treating this as their own personal Cup Final, this is the most important game of the season so far.

Just out the door to the game now. Nothing less than a win will do. Com'on Chelsea!

This is it folks, make or break for the season! A must win, anything else would be handing out the trophy on a plate!

If ever a team needed an early goal it's us today.

It really is a very important game today. Bring it on!

Archived