Pompey

Alex

Well worth starting a thread mate...I am watching with interest.. I heard that the HMRC will give them 28 days then wind them up.. they can be agressive and rightly so I am afraid to say.. it is yours and my money.

I think personally that it is in the interest for Pompey to go into administration now.... They will loose points, they are going down anyway, someone will take them on at rock bottom and they will possible drop down as far as Leeds.

I think it is sad, very very sad...

However from a football point of view, I am just waiting for the media .. Its all Chelsea's fault

Well worth starting a thread mate...I am watching with interest.. I heard that the HMRC will give them 28 days then wind them up.. they can be agressive and rightly so I am afraid to say.. it is yours and my money.

I think personally that it is in the interest for Pompey to go into administration now.... They will loose points, they are going down anyway, someone will take them on at rock bottom and they will possible drop down as far as Leeds.

I think it is sad, very very sad...

However from a football point of view, I am just waiting for the media .. Its all Chelsea's fault

This seems a long way off now doesn't it: http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=3085673

Looks like they got seven days to raise 11.5 million now. Apprently the club reckon they have got two prospective buyers.

The league table wold be shaken up if pompey id go. Arsenal losing six points, us and yanited losing 3. Dippers wouldnt do too bad though

Chelsea 55

Man Utd 50

Liverpool 44

Arsenal 43

Spurs 40

Man City 38

Villa 35

Birmingham 34

Everton 29

Fulham 28

Stoke 27

Rovers 25

Sunderland 24

Wigan 24

Hull 23

Burnley 23

Wolves 21

Bolton 19

West Ham 17

thats the table if pompey do go

Chelsea 55

Man Utd 50

Liverpool 44

Arsenal 43

Spurs 40

Man City 38

Villa 35

Birmingham 34

Everton 29

Fulham 28

Stoke 27

Rovers 25

Sunderland 24

Wigan 24

Hull 23

Burnley 23

Wolves 21

Bolton 19

West Ham 17

Zola & Clarkey will be on mission impossible if Pompey wind up.

Chelsea 55

Man Utd 50

Liverpool 44

Arsenal 43

Spurs 40

Man City 38

Villa 35

Birmingham 34

Everton 29

Fulham 28

Stoke 27

Rovers 25

Sunderland 24

Wigan 24

Hull 23

Burnley 23

Wolves 21

Bolton 19

West Ham 17

Thats the table if they are wound up before the end of the season

They were given a 7 day stay to re-present figs in the High Court today

Very very sad situation, and irrespective of the points breakdown if they did disappear, I am hoping and praying they can make it.

Hopefully this causes the FA to totally revamp the fit and proper persons test. I would be livid if I were a pompey fan and this series of penniless jokers were allowed to come in and take over the club

Very very sad situation, and irrespective of the points breakdown if they did disappear, I am hoping and praying they can make it.

Hopefully this causes the FA to totally revamp the fit and proper persons test. I would be livid if I were a pompey fan and this series of penniless jokers were allowed to come in and take over the club

Think of Liverpool and Manu then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When is the new deadline? Monday?

Yahoo are reporting today that this Victor Cattermole buyer from NZ does not want to rush the deal and is in no hurry to complete his takeover before the winding up deadline. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldnt that make things much worse if the deadline expires? Is he just trying to pick the club up for nothing?

This is sad for the club that has survived so many relegation battles in the past years, and can be mostly blamed on poor business choices this season and Harry Redknapp's buying system, which pretty much put the team in debt.

But that's what I don't get. Don't know a huge amount about Pompey and their players but they've had Sky TV money and cup runs etc. And during Redknapp's reign he sigmed players like Glen Johnson, Defoe and Diarra and sold all of them at large profits. So what's happened to all the money?

It's piss poor that this can happen. You can kind of understand it when a biggish club like Leeds get carried away and then get relegated and lose the Sky money etc but I can't understand it with Pompey.

Redknapp does appear to be the link though. West Ham, Pompey......................hopefully Sp*rs are next!!

But that's what I don't get. Don't know a huge amount about Pompey and their players but they've had Sky TV money and cup runs etc. And during Redknapp's reign he sigmed players like Glen Johnson, Defoe and Diarra and sold all of them at large profits. So what's happened to all the money?

It's piss poor that this can happen. You can kind of understand it when a biggish club like Leeds get carried away and then get relegated and lose the Sky money etc but I can't understand it with Pompey.

Redknapp does appear to be the link though. West Ham, Pompey......................hopefully Sp*rs are next!!

Dont' forget Southampton. He ruined them too.

It seems the deadline for administration is now friday

I wonder about the exact same thing. So much success, European ties, the FA cup, matchday revenue, and player sales. Where the hell did it all go?

18m on Glen Johnson, 15 on Defoe, 10 on Crouch, 10 on Kaboul, 12 for Muntari, Diarra bought for 5 million and sold for 20 six months later, that is 85 million pounds on six players without counting what was originally owed on those players. Its hard to believe all of that money was sunk into debt and their wage bill which, I realize, was high.

Maybe if they had gotten that much touted stadium, they wouldve been better off with matchday revenues.

The money recieved through selling those players HAS NOT gone back into the club, it has gone into sacha and arcadi gaydamaks's pockets.

People say that Roman is involved in the mafia and other illegal dealings...well these two actually are its just that its not a big club so no one gives a sh*t.

IMO the premier league and FA should take some of the blame for what has happened. The only way the club could survive was to either raise money through selling what decent players are left or through getting the rewards from avoiding relegation but what did the premier league do banned them from bringing in players and not allowing them to sell any, well done you useless c**ts do f**k all to help a club in crisis.

I genuinly think the club is f**ked, it doesnt have the stature or size of support of a leeds or Fiorentina to recover from what its going through. The other "owners" have just passed the club around like sh*t. What happened to the fit and proper persons test, how can someone who doesnt even exist come to own a a premier league football club.

Glad to get some of that off my chest :D just find it rediculous how no one really knows what has happened

and Peter Storey - his right-hand man!

Jack, I didnt really know that about Gaydamak. I knew he was recovering money owed, but I got the impression that came after the financials were sorted, and other parties paid what was due to them.

Its sad sad sad. Hopefully this administration helps, and they emerge a better buisness. Hopefully the FA now revamp the process of approving owners, becuase the string of jokers coming to takeover this club have been such a circus, the present guy excluded.

Archived