• Mikel
    • Ballack
    • Lampard
    • Drogba
    • Anelka
    • Kalou
    • Joe Cole
    • Malouda

Yuri was fantastic, he was our only real outlet going forward in the first half, was unlucky not to score and also unlucky not to get an assist when he played Joe in.

Again got to give Alex a mention. I thought he and JT coped admirably with Davies who can be a difficult customer. Also well done to Nico for getting onto the score sheet again, hopefully more to come for him against Spurs on the wkd. Why he was withdrawn instead of Kalou is completely beyond me.

No question it was Zhirkov, with nice performances by Nico and Ferreira.

JT was manhandled by Davies, Alex was clumsy, Mikel was atrocious, Ballack and Lamps were missing for most of the match, and Kalou and Drogba were like members of the Keystone Kops.

Zhirkov by a mile..Ferreira was decent as was Anelka for spells..good to see Joe showing a bit of skill and keeping the ball towards the end although some shooting practice might help him.

Kalou was frustrating after his decent substitute appearance last game.

Nervy game and one I think we took for granted a bit judging by team selection, Best players first on the teamsheat from now on I'd say.

Lampard

Seriously? Must admit that isn't a name I expected to see getting a vote tonight. After a return to form recently I thought Lamps had a real howler tonight.

Cech - nervy

Terry - good, but not his usual great

Alex - shaky

Ferreira - solid

Zhirkov - brilliant

Ballack - decent

Lampard - average

Mikel - foul happy

Drogba - hard working

Anelka - good goal

Kalou - hopeless

Malouda - not enough time

J.Cole - lively

Don't you think Mikel gave away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions for Bolton?

but that's his speciality!

In all fairness he wasn't worthy of any criticsm tonight unlike others.

Carlo for all the fine work he has done this fortnight needs a slap to waken him up, that just can't be allowed to happen again.

Mom has to be one of the full backs. I think paulo isn't getting enough credit at the moment. I think he is doing soundly, just like I knew he would given a run of games.

Edited by bjd

And do you recall that one forward run by Ferreira that required a nice tackle by a Bolton defender in the box? He really is doing a yeoman's job.

As to Mikel, yes, that is his specialty, but against Bolton, come on, he has to know that you just can't make those fouls in the 30 - 40 yards from our goal area.

Mom has to be one of the full backs. I think paulo isn't getting enough credit at the moment. I think he is doing soundly, just like I knew he would given a run of games.

Paulo was alright, but Zhirkov was the main man tonight.

Zhirkov. He owned the game in the first half, and slowed down in the second.

I think Mikel deserves a mentioning. A lot was demanded of him, and he did fine. Ballack on the other hand, completely disappeared. JT and Alex were great too.