I never liked him in a blue shirt...

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So after looking at the thread about "Players you'd like too kick the sh*t out of" i decided it would be pretty cool to make a thread similar but with a twist.

So here's the question and im sure everyone has an answer, name me one player who has played for Chelsea or still is that you despise and hated/hate the idea of him turning up every game in a blue shirt and name me one player who has played for one of our big rival clubs that you had or have a soft spot for. Im not talking about the Maldini's the Del Piero's who people respect im talking about players who have played for the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and any other team you despise. A player who you seceratly like but the type of player you wish scored a hat rick as long as his team suffered a 4 - 3 defeat.

I want one answer for each so choose wisely....

Edited by Sheva

I can't answer the first as there have only been players that I disliked before they came here..they pull on the shirt and all is forgiven.

Player I had a soft spot for gos back a long way but when I was a kid in my Chelsea kit running about I dreamed of Georgie Best playing for us, still an all time favourite player of mine although he never did.

Again its hard as I'm not a massive hater of other Clubs and find its more often the fans of the Clubs I dislike most that make me feel that way, I have had so many good mates support teams that most of our fans despise that somehow I have softened towards them and instead of craving their failure I concentrate more on craving our success, I'd say though favourite players from other teams would be Cahill at Everton, Ireland at Man City, Modric Spurs, but not to the extent of caring if they score a hat trick.

Sorry I haven't properly answered your questions, I meant to as I started.

I agree it is a bit of a strange thread but for me it beats starting one that either reitterates peoples doubts about the Mangers credentials, Likens Kalou to a chicken with nowhere to put his hat, Lampard to a Drunk person or Mourinho to Jesus :)

If it gives some light relief to the end of season nerves for me it was worth the thread.

I'll give it a go.

Over the years there have been many players at Chelsea whose presence on the pitch has made me wince and/or ask questions of the manager's sanity in picking him. However, I've never hated a Chelsea player on a point of principal - if he's wearing the sacred blue of Chelsea then he's one of us. I've often criticised Chelsea players over the years, some more vigorously than others, but I've never booed them. I never hated one either, until Deco arrived...

Liking players from rival clubs is almost impossible, and to do so I'm going to have to go back many years. I'll pick just one from each of them...

Leeds - Terry Cooper

Arsenal - Ray Kennedy

Man.Utd - George Best

West Ham - Bobby Moore

Septic - Jimmy Johnstone

Liverpool - I've thought all the way back to the 60's, but the only one I can think of is Graeme Souness

Tottenham - there isn't one, all Spuds players are c*nts and always have been

Ok maybe despise and hate were strong words but i was just curious to see what Chelsea players over the past years you have personally disliked. Players who you feel are a waste of space and don't deserve to play for the club, Bluebeard's example of Deco for instance. People may agree with him or not it's just his opinion.

Im not saying do you boo the players im saying if you there was a player who has ever played for us that you wish never had, it's your own opinion.

My example can be Veron, didn't boo the guy but i just didn't like the guy and sometimes i felt he was a waste of space.

Edited by Sheva

I used to love Kenny Dalglish as a kid but loved standing in the shed watching us beating the great Liverpool side with him included in that memorable FA Cup tie in 1978 at the Bridge with Clive Walker's brilliant swerved shot.

Kezman. I had high hopes when he came, but after awhile I realized that he couldn't score to save his life. He makes Kalou look like a world class scoring machine.

I never hated him, but seeing him brought on or starting a game really made me wince.

Ben Haim made me extra nervous whenever he played and I think the same can be said about Boulahrouz (apart from that game against Barcelona when he was immense).

Deco is a tricky one. I hated him before he came. To me he was a diving little disgusting c*nt and I didn't want him here. But upon arriving I gave him a chance. He hasn't been a success but I still can't help wanting him to succeed.

Don't like him, but my hatred has subsided.

For the second question, I will choose Marc Overmars, when he was playing for Arse. I always liked his game, and thought he was a good player and a good person.

For the first question, I think Veron is a good one, since he was piss-poor for us, and we basically gave ManU 15 millions pounds for a bum. I did not hate him, but I disliked him very strongly. I hate Mutu, for obvious reasons, the compulsive drug abuser.

do loan signings count? i never liked panucci and was glad to see the back of him. he only played a handful of games for us but even that was a few too many for my liking. biggest disappointment i think was brian laudrup. i never actually hated him, even though he was useless for us.

second question: going way back,i suppose the obvious one would have been george best. or cheating a little maybe, but i'd have loved to see jimmy greaves come back home to stamford bridge instead of.. well you know.

For the second question, I will choose Marc Overmars, when he was playing for Arse. I always liked his game, and thought he was a good player and a good person.

For the first question, I think Veron is a good one, since he was piss-poor for us, and we basically gave ManU 15 millions pounds for a bum. I did not hate him, but I disliked him very strongly. I hate Mutu, for obvious reasons, the compulsive drug abuser.

Wasn't Veron crap at ManU as well? I think I remember thinking why on earth we paid alot of money for a guy who was bad.

Veron - never liked him.

I remember the player press conference/unveiling thing and he was unveiled with Joe Cole, thought at the time they were evening it out - crap, past it signing with a great, bright, positive one.

Glen johnson for me, he was the big one. Most other ones have been mentioned like mutu and bouhlaroz. Also although he only played one or two games for us last season i absolutely hated quaresma.

As far as players from other clubs go that i have a soft spot for, used to really like michael owen when i was younger. Also always liked beckham. Current players that i like the two notable ones would be arshavin and modric. Both class acts.

De Lucas, just couldnt stand him for some reason, he didnt exactly cover himself with glory either. He was sh*t.

Always admired Scholes a footballer as well, just think he's a great midfielder although he cannot do one of the fundamental basics of the game and tackle- the twat!

Player I never liked wearing a Chelsea shirt - Vinnie Jones. I wanted Chelsea to sign footballers - not hod carriers.

Player I would have like to see wearing Chelsea colours - Matt Le Tissier. Say no more.

wasn't to keen on Mickey Hazard,or Graham Roberts all though Roberts soon made me change my opinion. Paul Furlong was another who got my back up, so much money for such little ability. I think Tony Cascarino tops the lot for me though.

As for players I would liked to have seen pull on the blue jersey, Derek Dougan.

Player I never liked wearing a Chelsea shirt - Vinnie Jones. I wanted Chelsea to sign footballers - not hod carriers.

Player I would have like to see wearing Chelsea colours - Matt Le Tissier. Say no more.

Arghh Le Tiss, what a player although his defensive qualities may have driven a few people mad. great player to watch though.