Didier named in top 100 most influential by Time Mag

charierre

The Chelsea forward’s status, particularly in Africa, has persuaded Time that he is one of the world’s 100 most influential people.

“The Time 100 is not about the influence of power but the power of influence. Some of the people you’ll encounter on this list are influential in the traditional sense - we also seek out people whose ideas and actions are revolutionising their fields and transforming lives,†said Time managing editor Richard Stengel

Drogba, who will represent the Ivory Coast at this summer’s World Cup, appears in the 100 list alongside Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Sachin Tendulkar and Simon Cowell

Daily Telegraph

well done Didier :P

Shame that Simon Cowell is also on it. Maybe there should be a GOOD influence and a BAD influence list!

I believe Hitler has been on the cover of Time as the most influential person of the year and they said that you don't need to be a good person to be influential.

Just to make sure...I'm not trying to take anything away from the people on the recent top-100 list and I'm not comparing any of them to Hitler, but that was just a very extreme example that I remembered.

Well done Didier! He deserves the recognition because of all the charity work he's done and all the good work he's done as a good will ambassador.

Congrats Didier! I think he will be heart-warmed himself for this appreciation. Goes to show how big football is, what kind of a man Didier is and more importantly how humble man he is down the line.

I don't think anyone disagrees the man is one of the brightest stars in the footballing world but now people can see he does vent his success to his homeland and Africa. Well done Didier.

Nice one Didier. Whenever I hear someone slagging him off for his 'diving' (which he has completely and utterly taken out of his game) it's always his work off the pitch that I quote at them.

I also like to slip in that rumour that he was offered the Presidency of the Ivory Coast... :lol:

Nice one, DD.

The Full Time 100 List

Why oh why oh why is Sarah Palin on the list, seriously?

Possibly because she's the most likely Republican candidate for the next American elections. She also has a massive following, for having beliefs which are effectively just the policies of the Republican party.

She's pro life and pro guns, which to me seems like quite a strange view, but oh well... Anyway, she's very likely to end up running next year... oh and I think she works on Fox news now, too... She does seem made for it.

Possibly because she's the most likely Republican candidate for the next American elections. She also has a massive following, for having beliefs which are effectively just the policies of the Republican party.

She's pro life and pro guns, which to me seems like quite a strange view, but oh well... Anyway, she's very likely to end up running next year... oh and I think she works on Fox news now, too... She does seem made for it.

If that woman become President then maybe the Mayans were right. The world will truly end in 2012!

Seriously, she can't even say Nuclear correct

Neither could Dubya!

Seriously, Sarah screwed herself by leaving her post as Governor to do .... TV? It's a bit unforgivable unless the reason is to move to a higher post.

The Republicans think they are going to clean up in November midterms because of history, but the truth is that they are going to get clobbered by liberals. Young people, minorities and women are a lost demographic to these bloated Corporatists. Good luck on the back bench.

Congrats to our star in front, and Time for having good sense.

And my throwball team won 47-21 tonight.

Archived