Spending Question

BrewCrew

I know to never trust any rumour or news article till it is official, but for fun, lets assume Aguero will be at Chelsea next year. Does signing somebody like him rule out any other move for another striker. For example, Pato? I know there may be some spending on a defender and/or a midfielder but how much money do we expect that Roman will dish out?

Would we really spend 40 million on one player? Sheva is still our record signing and all the transfer fees have been less than 20 million since the summer we bought Sheva. It sounds weird that we'd suddenly spend so much on a single player.

Would we really spend 40 million on one player? Sheva is still our record signing and all the transfer fees have been less than 20 million since the summer we bought Sheva. It sounds weird that we'd suddenly spend so much on a single player.

True, but this is Aguero we're talking about and I also think the prices have gone up a bit since we signed Sheva.

But if we spend that much then that will be all we spend on players. I can't see us doing a Real Madrid.

Sergio Aguero is a very good footballer but in no way is he worth 40 million quid. I don't believe Abramovich would shell out that kind of money for him. I'm sure he doesn't forget the Sheva deal. Once bitten twice shy!

Or in Sheva's case......goal shy!!!!

Irrespective of Sheva, I can't see Roman shelling out 40 million quid on Aguero. Perhaps Messi might be worth that type of dosh but not Aguero!

Everybody is forgeting to think about "Market Value." Aguero is a young player who already is very established and has the potential to be a top 10-15 player in the world. I would say he is worth 40 million. Years ago the market was a lot cheaper. Oh and if Ronaldo was sold for 80 million, Messi is worth at least that much. Messi for 40 million would only happen in a dream.

Everybody is forgeting to think about "Market Value." Aguero is a young player who already is very established and has the potential to be a top 10-15 player in the world. I would say he is worth 40 million.

With players such as Aguero, Messi and Ronaldo it's also about their business value. These are well known players all over the world, and being chelsea players our standing will go up with fans all over. Particularly in countries where football is only popular with a small percentage of the population where only the biggest names are well known. Merchandise sales will go up, the TV companies will pay more for the games, etc. Real Madrid know this and it's why they will pay so much for players.

Though I in no way condone or would like to see us buy players for this reason, when it cames to a talent like Aguero that we have a realistic chance of signing, the risk of paying such a high price could be extremely beneficial.

The market is very inflated these days so i doubt wel be able to get Aguerro for anything less that 40 mil. These aren't the old days where u could get a top quality striker for 30mil. For example last year Ibra went for 40k + Eto(25k) for a total of 65k, Aguerro who is better imo than Ibra would easily cost over 40mil.

If we get Aguerro for 45mil i wouldn't protest.

What are peoples thoughts about Gareth Bale from Tottenham??? No rumours just think he's a good player whol thrive at Chelsea, then again we already have Malouda/Zhirkov

I remember us tabling a massive bid on Ribery, was it? Last summer. If the stories were true there is nothing holding us back tabling a massive bid on Aguero. I think he is one the of few players on this planet you can pay a great amount of.

But I seriously don't think anything massive will happen in the transfers for us during the summer. Anything other than Aguero of course if it will happen.

We have a very strong squad in depth if you think we have managed well without Essien and Bosingwa almost all season.

My concern on the squad is that our superstars are getting old. We need a player like Aguero to guide us to the new era. We already have great young players like Sturridge, Kakuta, Stoch, DiSanto, Mikel but we are missing the star.

If we can rely on the improvements of Ivan, Alex, Malouda and Kalou and get Michael Essien back to full fitness then we need only one or two new signings. My preference is Pato as he would fit into Ancelotti's scheme of things.

for 30-35mil, the kid would be a steal! Imagine drogba with messi's nimble feet :) I think the club has finally realised u need to get players that ur manager sees fit after the shevchenko flop! Saw this with robinho last yr though glad mancity outbid us :) I think we might actually see an italian player as well, someone like de rossi as a replacement for ballack.

I read in one web barca are prepare to offer us zlatan ?

I thing we should made 3 Sign

1 aguero is aguero we all love him 20 m 30 m 40 m i dont care

2 De rossi will be great but last 5 times i see he is out of form

3 Di maria / Silva / Jovetic / Kaka' we really need a one Magic Player ( we miss this type on our team )

Sign Aguero, a central midfielder, and a wide player. It will cost us big this year, but we properly don't need to spend big for another 2-3 years with the youth players coming up. Hopefully we can tie up the deal before the World Cup, so we don't get inflated price in July/August and have to go toe to toe with Man City ( who will buy just about bid for anyone from Messi to Lucas)

I think some people are becoming pretty unrealistic, if we spend 30+ Million on one player dont expect too see anyone else.

We have exciting players coming through the ranks in Matic/Kakuta/Van Aanholt/Bertrand/Borini/Bruma/Machearan/Tore and don't forget that. Pesonally i would hate it for us too spend over 80 million, it would go against what the club have become to stand for.

If we signed a Aguero or Pato, don't expect to see anyone else come in, simply because we don't need anyone else.

Im more excitied to see Kakuta/Matic in a chelsea first team line up than a Di Maria and overated Jovetic why? because they won't cost us a penny and they have come through our ranks.

Remember we also have people returning such as Mancienne and Di Santo who may be off this summer.

We don't even need many signings, all we need to do is make sure we keep the squads average age balanced with young stars in the making. I'm loving our youth production recently, we've got better home grown prospects than United! I'd love to have Aguero most of all, because he's my favourite rising striker and I think he's the perfect long term solution to the Drogba void. But we don't need him, Pato, Messi, Di Maria or Xavi - this isn't football manager!

On the other hand though, I can't see the markets going back to the way they were any time soon and I'm just thankful that Abramovitch is willing to fund the occasional star signing if its necessary to improve the squad. Right now Arsenal and United can't afford or refuse to partake in it and are restricted to scouting for unknowns who may or may not work out. That puts us at a direct advantage over our main rivals until City start challenging for the title. But seriously, Real and City should be enough to prove that signing everyone with a name doesn't necessarily make a winning team.

We need a replacement for Essien. He's now been severely injured on several occasions. Has to be a good chance he won't ever get to play at his former standard.

We need a replacement for Joe Cole, ie a wide right player with 5-10 goals a season but able to put the crosses in for the strikers.

Ballack will play less and less, but if Mikel improves he could maybe replace him.

Carvalho will probably move on this season, so we need some cover there.

So really there are a few gaps.

We need a replacement for Essien. He's now been severely injured on several occasions. Has to be a good chance he won't ever get to play at his former standard.

We need a replacement for Joe Cole, ie a wide right player with 5-10 goals a season but able to put the crosses in for the strikers.

Ballack will play less and less, but if Mikel improves he could maybe replace him.

Carvalho will probably move on this season, so we need some cover there.

So really there are a few gaps.

Essien - Matic?

Joe Cole - Stoch? Kakuta?

Ballack - replacement needed.

Carvalho - Bruma? Mancienne?

ÄŒech - keep for sure, has bad moments but he's superb on his day

Ivanović - excellent for me should be first choice right back

A. Cole - Best left back in the world, can't let him go

Essien - Brilliant, shame about his lengthy injuries the past few seasons though

Carvalho - I think its time to let him go and bring in a good replacement, I know Alex is good cover but I would rather have a CB who is abit quicker than Terry to play alongside him, Carvalho's getting on and I still think we could get a good price for him

Lampard - He'll retire at Chelsea

J. Cole - Not so sure about Joey, just doesn't look right. People keep saying about his injury but he's had a very mixed season. Would like him to stay but maybe he is coming to the end of his CFC career.

Drogba - Keep, when he leaves we may be screwed - we need a good long term replacement ready

Mikel - Such a mixed bag for me, can look great, can be awful, not sure

Ballack - Get rid for me, looks past it

Malouda - Keep, has had an excellent season

Bosingwa - I'd let him go, think we'd get a good price for him aswell

Zhirkov - Keep, very impressed with him

Ferreira - Keep, still excellent cover

Deco - Get rid, waste of space

Kalou - Keep, but I think the next two seasons and make or break for him

Turnbull - Keep, was impressed with him when he came in

Sturridge - Keep, looks impressive, long term replacement for Drogba?

Matić - Not seen anything of him

Terry - Keep BUT he really has to sort himself out big time

Taylor - - Not seen anything of him

Alex - keep, great player and good cover

Belletti - I think it may be time to let him go not had many oppurtunities this season, has always been a favourite of mine

Anelka - Keep, was impressive at the start can see him been used less next season though

Hilário - keep for cover

Hutchinson - He looks pretty good, think its time to start pushing these young ones

Bruma - Again, looks decent, push the youngsters

Kakuta - I want to see alot more of him next season can see him been a top player in two years time

Borini - Look alright, would like to see more

Sala- Not seen anything of him

Ahamed- Not seen anything of him

Philliskirk- Not seen anything of him

Å ebek- Not seen anything of him

McEachran- Not seen anything of him

Van Aanholt- Like the look of him

So basically I'd get rid of Bosingwa, Belletti, Deco and Ballack

Maybes are Joe Cole and Mikel

I think we need CB, maybe a midfielder and a striker, other than that I'd push the young ones. I can see Ageuro on his way here and believe if we got him we'd be able to push further ahead of the pack. So I wouldn't bring as many in as I'd take out.