Where to now ?

coal

First off I'm just joined this forum to vent my frustration and dismay at the decision of our board to release certain players over the last few weeks. First off it leaves me with a feeling of resentment towards those who own the club as these players have given everything for this great and successful club. First off th decisions to get rid of Belletti is astounding. The guy played for Barcelona and is a Brazillian international and whilst 33, I still believe can offer a lot to this club. After all who else can play right back as well as he can at the moment. The guy can score goals too, and plenty of them in unison with his assists I feel the team will certainly lack something going forward next season if we do not properly replace him. Therefore I suggest that we should look at signing Maicon from Inter for European games and then get someone for the premiership who is tough tackling and British. Therefore I suggest we sign someone Jamie Carragher. I know he is getting on a bit but for a small fee I think could do the job for another two years and Liverpool will probably be looking to sell due to their current crisis.

The other problem now relates to the other side of our defence. How on earth could they let cole go, he is without doubt one of the best left backs in the world and without him we really are letting ourselves down. I know he has recently just gotten over his injury but he still manage to make the England squad and will no doubt play a major role in England world cup aspirations. What's ever worse is we let him go for free, didn;t even try having him sign a contract and then make him available for sale. Just goes to show that there is too much money in this club, we need to get back to our roots and let it be known we are simply not happy with such a decision.

Finally, Ballack - well the less said the better. I think y'all get where I stand with this from my discussion at length with regards to the other two players.

Anyway heres to a good pre season and a exciting world cup. Hopefully our players can perform well.

COYB

well to be honest I think Carragher could do well with our squad. If you look at his stats that were in the paper the other day he was well ahead of Dawson and King in terms of tackling, passing rate etc therefore I believe he could come in for a year or two and mentor our younger kids.

well to be honest I think Carragher could do well with our squad. If you look at his stats that were in the paper the other day he was well ahead of Dawson and King in terms of tackling, passing rate etc therefore I believe he could come in for a year or two and mentor our younger kids.

1. Belletti wants to move back to Brazil, and he is too old.

2. Jamie Carragher is a rat. We have two right backs who are much better than him.

3. You have the wrong Cole.

4. I still think you must be taking the piss, surely?

Well I wasn't aware of Beletti wanting to go back to Brazil so I can understand that now. As for Carragher its only an opinion of mine, which I guess a forum is for - expressing opinions. I would like to hear from other fans what they think we could do with. So are we not getting rid of Cole then ?

Well I wasn't aware of Beletti wanting to go back to Brazil so I can understand that now. As for Carragher its only an opinion of mine, which I guess a forum is for - expressing opinions. I would like to hear from other fans what they think we could do with. So are we not getting rid of Cole then ?

Yes, but Joe Cole not Ashley Cole!

Opinions indeed pal, everyone is entitled to their own!

I don't think we need any defenders to be honest. 2 young star midfielders.

For the record I think Ashley Cole will stay, Joe has already moved on.

I would recommend reading some sports pages mate, can't go far wrong with BBC Sport.

I'm 50-50 on this one but decided to comment. I think this is a piss take from coal but still. C*rr*gh*r is the biggest c*nt and rat in the same awful red outfit that I can imagine. If we'd sign him I would not watch a Chelsea game he features in. Him and Golden-Stevie are some pair. A pair perfectly portraying the team I hate the most...

To the releasing bit.. Letting Joey go is sane as him and the club didn't agree.. and if Joey wanted what the press is saying, 100k a week, I'm glad we didn't end up giving him that. No grounds for that kind of money looking at past season.

Letting Belletti go was probably Julianos own decision and I'm very okay with that. An opportunity to one of the youngsters to play.

Your comment on Ballack doesn't surprise. He was most solid player from the three and you could field him anywhere anytime including CL final. He is ageing and slowing so I think this was sane from the club as well. Just don't like the attitude on non-english players on this forum sometimes..

This is such a low-hanging fruit, I'm not even going to bother.

Coal, if you want opinions on these players and their contributions and the merits of the decision to let them go, look a bit further than your own thread. You will find a very high level of discussion.

well to be honest I think Carragher could do well with our squad. ...... I believe he could come in for a year or two and mentor our younger kids.

So you want our youngsters to shout at the ref at every opportunity, pass offensive comments to opposition players and in general be a tool and a pathetic footballer on and off the pitch? No thanks!

So you want our youngsters to shout at the ref at every opportunity, pass offensive comments to opposition players and in general be a tool and a pathetic footballer on and off the pitch? No thanks!

Not to mention throwing hissy fits when everything doesn't go your way, retire from international football and say you never cared whether you won or lost when you were with the national team and then when the opportunity to play in a World Cup comes along you waltz straight back in although you haven't done anything to help the team earn that place in the final tournament. That's the sort of players our youngsters should take tips from?

If anything I'm proud of the club. They're getting rid of what Carlo considers deadwood and (so far it looks like) he's sticking to his word by giving youth a chance in the newly-vacated positions in the squad. I am also proud that we didn't buckle to Joe Cole's wage demands. The club stuck to its guns and refused to move on club policy, and although we've lost a fan's favourite, we may have set the benchmark for seasons to come. We are also beginning to see a degree of mystery when it comes to our transfer policy (i.e. once again, no one has the foggiest idea who we're going to sign), so all in all, these past few weeks have made me feel very proud of my club.

As for signing Carragher... I think you have us confused with a Championship team.

First off I'm just joined this forum to vent my frustration and dismay at the decision of our board to release certain players over the last few weeks. First off it leaves me with a feeling of resentment towards those who own the club as these players have given everything for this great and successful club. First off th decisions to get rid of Belletti is astounding. The guy played for Barcelona and is a Brazillian international and whilst 33, I still believe can offer a lot to this club. After all who else can play right back as well as he can at the moment. The guy can score goals too, and plenty of them in unison with his assists I feel the team will certainly lack something going forward next season if we do not properly replace him. Therefore I suggest that we should look at signing Maicon from Inter for European games and then get someone for the premiership who is tough tackling and British. Therefore I suggest we sign someone Jamie Carragher. I know he is getting on a bit but for a small fee I think could do the job for another two years and Liverpool will probably be looking to sell due to their current crisis.

Don't want to get into the carragher part of this thread as others have already said what I was thinking anyway, however this belletti part I find very confusing, you think to get the squad back to an even keel we replace a squad member, somebody who either sat on the bench or sometimes not even in the squad with arguably the worlds best right back, a rather unnecessary and extravagant signing considering the quality of the 2 top right backs in the squad (both of whom when fit were above juliano in the pecking order as it was).

Sorry, but I don't think that the club has made a bad move yet this transfer window.

Belletti; great squad player, down the pecking order, out of contract. Thanks, and I wish you all the best.

Ballack; great midfielder, but if we are trying to reduce the wage and age, then I think it's the correct move. Would maybe have given him another year but to be honest, not a bad move.

Cole; fantastic servant for 7 years. but expecting wage parity and similar playing time to Lampard and Terry. Catch you later.

Carragher................................. really?