MOTM vs Man Utd (Comm Shield)

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM in the Comm Shield defeat?

• Hilario
    • A Cole
    • Terry
    • Ivanovic
    • Ferreira
    • Mikel
    • Lampard
    • Essien
    • Anelka
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Drogba
    • Sturridge
    • Benayoun
    • Bruma
    • Zhirkov

Other than Ashley COle (who was shocking) I don't think anyone actually played that poorly (JT very poor for the first goal but still OK overall). Individual mistakes rather than team performance cost us the game.

MOTM for me was between Ivanovic, Malouda and Sturridge's role off the bench. Went for Malouda.

I thought Kalou was decent as was Malouda and Sturridge made a claim for a starting place soon if Anelka doesn't hit a bit of form early season.

Ivanovic for me though, fast becoming my favourite player now Joe's gone.

Ferreira was ok again and is still back up for a few positions we should be happy to have.

Hmm, not really anyone who was terrible, but at the same time noone was great.

As many have said it is probably between Essien, Malouda, Sturridge and Ivanovic.

Sturridge is ruled out for me, because he should have scored from that Essien ball. If your gonna be first team you've just got to score those.

Ivanovic did ok, but may have simply looked good by comparison to his back four companions JT and Cole.

That leaves Malouda who I think is almost the real star of our team he is constantly involved in everything good we do, and Essien who was terrific in midfield his ball for Sturridge was out of this world.

Going to vote for Malouda, if Chelsea are going to come even close to repeating their exploits from last season, he's going to have repeat his as well.

Automatic Generated Message!

This topic has been closed by Admin, Moderator or Web Team.

Reason: Poll closed

If you disagree to this action, please report this post. The Shed End staff will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

The Shed End - Unofficial Chelsea FC Forum Staff