Blackpool v Chelsea (PL) 07/03/11 KO 20:00 GMT

coco

I would like to see the same lineup with Yuri in for Malouda and Drogba in for Anelka, but I have this feeling that Carlo will be rotating some guys in. I have a feeling that Mikel and Kalou will play. Mikel for sure. With the CL game coming up after this one, Carlo may feel the need to rest of players. If Luiz can play he will because he is not available for the CL.

I'd go:

.......................Cech

....Ivanovic...Luiz...Terry...Cole

Ramires..Essien..Lampard..Zhirkov

............Drogba...Torres

Am I right in saying both DJ Campbell and Charlie Adam are suspended?

If we work as hard and run as fast as we did against utd in the second half they have no chance! If the workrate is on a high level we should beat this side with more than one goal. Lets hope Utd game gave the team as much energy as it game to me! I'm still over the moon because of the win.

I'd go:

-----------------Cech----------------

Bossy------Ivan-----JT-------Cole

Essien-----Ramires-----Lampard

Anelka------Torres------Zhirkov

4-3-3 with Yuri coming in for Malouda. Why? We need pace and width and this is how we get it. Torres over DD because he needs the goal more.

Possible injuries aside,the only thing to change is Zirkov for Malouda,keep to the same formation and use the pace in the team,(Anelka, Torres, Cole etc),to good effect.Blackpool's defence isn't the stongest by any means and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broken,then don't try to fix it.

I dont want to drop Anelka just yet, I think the more he plays with Torres up front the better, both are very talented individuals and if they can click together they could be immense for us, and Drogba coming off the bench is a real ace up the sleeve/ joker in the pack.

Malouda should move to the bench as well (Zhirkov in<), with Drogba, Kalou and Malouda on the bench it gives Carlo some real options later on.

lets hope we're not just a big game team...........blackpool attack plenty so we'll do well to outscore them - WV2 remember spuds lost 3-1 there but couldve won 6-3

carlo won't rest anyone, he'll go 433 to match up

fernando to get couple and win 4-2 for blueboys

I think it would be a mistake if we start rotating players after a couple of wins. We just adapted to a new system and playing into some kind of form, 2-3 unnecessary changes would ruin it for us. It's not like we are playing 3 games in a week either. Let's keep the winning formula, maybe a case of Zhirkov and Drogba comes into the picture, but definitely not putting on Mikel so we abondon the 442. We generally played well against teams who want to play football, and they haven't got a top class goll keeper, so I'm relatively confident about this one.

lets hope we're not just a big game team...........blackpool attack plenty so we'll do well to outscore them - WV2 remember spuds lost 3-1 there but couldve won 6-3

carlo won't rest anyone, he'll go 433 to match up

fernando to get couple and win 4-2 for blueboys

Why on earth would we change to a 433 after the 442 has been working? The last two games have been much, much better in the 442. Changing would be stupid. And I expect one or two changes. We can't have Mikel sit on the bench every game. He has to stay sharp.

It's worth noting that Blackpool have a better record away than they do at home. Having said that, they've caused a few upsets already this season and looked like beating United for half a game earlier this year. We need to be prepared for them to come out attacking (don't think Holloway knows they're expected to park the bus against 'big' clubs). It is also an important point that they are missing their two most important attacking threats in Adam and Campbell. Marlon Harewood just doesn't seem quite as scary.

I'd like to see a similar formation to Tuesday night. Zhirkov definitely deserves the start over Malouda (although I said that before the United game too and Carlo didn't listen) and it's arguable that Drogba deserves to start. I think I would still rather see Anelka start with Torres. My reasoning for that statement is that although Anelka had a relatively poor game against United, he has been one of our more consistently good players for the last couple of months and I think it's a little harsh to drop him after one disappointing showing against a good defence. It's not like he'll be facing defenders of anywhere near the same calibre next time. I also think that Torres has looked pure class despite not scoring goals recently and needs to start as many games as possible for the time being. Anelka, in my opinion, has a playing style which complements Torres more than the style of Drogba hence my decision. Yes, Drogba did look better than he has previously against United, although he only played for half an hour and I'm not convinced he would keep the same level of enthusiasm for 90 minutes. Assuming that everyone else who started on Tuesday is fit then they should also start tonight - for me, the Drogba/Torres scenario is the only debatable squad position, the others pick themselves.

Zhirkov in for Malouda .. and Drogba in for Anelka ...

I think Drog and Nando can play well together ... Drog can win the high balls and set up Torres who will be standing close to the last man defending . Just that they have to get accustomed to each other's style of play .. But if it clicks , it will be one hell of a striker partnership ..

Drogba is very good in creating chances and if we have a superb finisher alongside him , it will be raining goals for us !

We have a chance to go past City to third this weekend. Don't think it will happen but we have one game in hand. They will play Wigan home saturday. City 3rd g28 p50, Chelsea 4th g27 p48.

We'll probably go with the same formation as Utd. I suggested 4-3-3 on an earlier post but think it will be the same. And Anelka will play. Carlo said that Anelka is at his best when he has space and it is away games where he usually has some breathing room around him. We need our midfield running the same way they did at utd, that is crucial. Ess-Ramires-Frank all need to run their socks off.

I hope Carlo gives start to Yuri. He deserves it more than anyone. He's been so unlucky with his days in Chelsea. Last time he was fit for a longer period of time he did a great job covering for Ash and that is not even his best position to play. If we want to keep Yuri we need to play him and good things will follow. He is probably better crosser than Malouda and Ashley.

I precit 3-0 to us. Frank, Torres and Ivan to score.

Has Alex started training yet ?

Some news on Alex :

'After the game we had a problem with David Luiz. Until now he was not able to train,' Ancelotti explained earlier today (Friday). 'Obviously I hope he will train tomorrow, and with Mikel, he had a little problem on his knee in the warm-up before the game. He had a scan yesterday and everything was okay, so I hope also he can train tomorrow.'

'Benayoun is starting to train on the grass outside alone, and it is difficult to say when he will be fit,' Ancelotti said. 'Alex will come back next week and after that, I think Friday, when he comes back we will check him and take a decision. 'I think Alex is very close to recovery. Not for Copenhagen, but we hope for the next game in the Champions League he will be fit.'

Link

I dont want to see the strike partnership tinkered with at all. Torres with Anelka and Zhirkov in for Malouda.

I thought Drogba & Torres linked up well when he came on vs Unt, but Anelka did well with Torres v Copenhagen. It would do Drogs any harm having another 1/2 a game on the bench. I do believe they could become a good partnership though.

So in the run in for this season we will have a fairly fresh Alex and a fairly fresh Benayoun to call on, nice couple of additions to the squad that.

I thought Drogba & Torres linked up well when he came on vs Unt, but Anelka did well with Torres v Copenhagen. It would do Drogs any harm having another 1/2 a game on the bench. I do believe they could become a good partnership though.

Tbf, Torres and JT would have looked a good strike partnership against Copenhagen.

-----------------------Cech-----------------------

----Ivan---------Luiz-----JT----------Cole-----

-----Ramires--Essien--Lampard--Yuri---

-----------------Torres--Drogba---------------

May seem harsh on Anelka, but now that we have 3 top class strikers, its time for some rotation to keep each of them fit and hungry.

So in the run in for this season we will have a fairly fresh Alex and a fairly fresh Benayoun to call on, nice couple of additions to the squad that.

Getting Alex back will be vital. Without him we'd be seriously short staffed at center back in the champions league.