What changes would you like for next year? (merged)

Shanman

Well after browsing through the news and this forum it is very interesting to imagine the team we could have lining up for us next year with the players linked with us and the ever loosening of Abramovich's walllet. Personally this is how i would like to see the team line up, including cover for each position. Imaginative thinking with the spending but i think if we were to let go of Malouda, Anelka and perhaps even Zhirkov whislt we can still get a good bit for him. Working out the average age of the team too it would be around 24 years old, perhaps a team capable of building a legacy? Haha, wishful thinking i know. And the reason i chose to go back to the 433 is i simply think the 442 is not a formation suited for the modern game and we will get found out against good sides.

Neymar(Sturridge) - Torres(Drogba) - Sanchez(Kalou)

Ganso(Lampard) - Ramires(Josh)

Essien(Mikel)

Cole(PVA) - Terry(Alex) - Luiz(Ivan) - Ivanovic(Boss)

Cech

..........................Cech.........................

Ivan........Luiz................Terry.............Cole

Ramires........Essien.......Lampard............Ganso

..........Neymar/Sturridge..........Torres...........

Backups:

..........................Turnbull.........................

VanDerWiel......Alex..............Bruma..........PVA

Kakuta...............Mikel............Josh.............Yuri

.........Neymar/Sturridge...........Drobga...........

Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, and Boswinga would be leaving

Edited by BrewCrew

I'm happy with the team we've got at the moment. Some are perhaps not on form at the moment, but if we're going to kick out everyone who has been in bad form then we wouldn't have any players.

A creative midfielder would be enough for me. Perhaps a young talent or two as well.

I'm happy with the team we've got at the moment. Some are perhaps not on form at the moment, but if we're going to kick out everyone who has been in bad form then we wouldn't have any players.

A creative midfielder would be enough for me. Perhaps a young talent or two as well.

Do you honestly think that the same exact team can compete at the same level next year? Drogba will be 35 and Lamps will be 33. It will be very hard to play at a high level consistantly. I don't doubt that at times they can play, but look what happened this when we played inconstantly. A title can be lost. Also, the older these types of players get, the harder it will be to get some money from a transfer. Now I don't think we would ever sell Lamps unless he says he wants to go, but people like Drogba, Anelka, and Boswinga could get us some money back at this point. The club has to be responsible.

We are getting younger. If I remember correctly we snapped up 16 year olds Nathan Ake and Anjur Osmanovic earlier and we just completed the Lucas Piazon deal. Just today there is news we are close to completing a deal for Dominik Marek who is also 16.

2 or 3 signings is all I think is needed. A winger is a must, alexis sanchez/neymar/Eden hazard and I think a creative midielder, sneijder is ideal, but I'd also love to sign hamsik, or ganso. if bosingwa leaves I think we should sign van der wiel to cover for Ivan.

Up front it all depends if any leave, and if we still wanna play 2 up front. if 2 out of our 4 left(there's been various rumours about drogba, anelka and kalou). I think we'd need to strengthen, with the usual suspects as targets,

aguero/pato/lukaku/neymar etc.

The only players I think should definately go is ferreira and malouda, however it wouldn't suprise me if a couple others went with them like bosingwa, drogba, and zhirkov.

Edited by big blue

Think people will leave and people will come but I dont see loads of changes coming in really.

Outs could probably be: Malouda, Ferreira, Bosingwa and Anelka or Drogba.

Ins, what I'd like to see: Sneijder, Sanchez (new RB as well?) - perhaps Ganso or Neymar!

We will obviously get Sturridge and Kakuta back and hopefully Josh will see more game time - Will Van Aanholt/Bertrand come back as well? If so, great.

---------------Cech

Ivan----Luiz--------JT------Cole

-Sanchez--Sneijder-Essien-Yuri

------Sturridge------Torres

Bench: Hilario, Lampard, Neymar, Alex, Drogba/Anelka, Benayoun, Josh. (Where do Kalou fit in? Remove benny and add kalou maybe)

It's really hard, didnt really think that much when I put that together and it could obviously be better but just an example really. At least its looking younger!

Edited by Andreas

................................................Cech.................

.........Ivan....................Luiz................JT..................Cole

Sanchez/Hazard........Essien/Mikel.....Lamps/Ganso........Yuri

.....................Torres.............Neymar/Aguero/Studge.........

Anelka..Drogba...Paulo..Malouda out

Also bring in Van der Wiel, maybe a Sneijder or Ribery too, well I can dream :laugh2:

We need more staaagger...o call this formation thhe circle of friends

....................................TORRES

..................AGUERO........................PATO

....SANCHEZ...............................................ROBBEN

.........COLE.......................................IVANOVIC.

............ESSIEN..............................RAMIRES

........................LUIZ..........TERRY

................................CECH

K

One player I would like to see at the Bridge is Junior Hoilett from Blackburn he really stands out to me in a poor team .

Looks a real prospect and would be a great backup for Lampard

Funny I was thinking about the same guy. But I thought he was more of a striker/ right winger in the Kalou mould?

Some folk are getting a bit carried away looking at the list of names being mentioned!

Who knows, we might get one, possibly two what you could class as biggish name players, but I certainly don't want us to become a team of "Galacticos".

I think the additions of Ramires and Luiz have been superb and hopefully it won't be long before Torres is reminding everyone why he is (one of) the best strikers in world football. We have a great keeper, very good defence (are spoilt for centre backs more than any other club) and in McEachran we have one of the brightest prospects in English football. Add to that the recent signing of "the new Kaka", Lucas Piazon (I know he can't oficially join until he is 18) and things look good.

There must be doubts over a number of players - already mentioned in this thread and as much as I'm reluctant, I think I would let both Drogba and Anelka go.

My favoured starting 11 for next season would be

..........Cech

Ivan.....Luiz....JT.......Cole

.......Essien.........

Ramires......Sneijder

........McEachran......

...Torres...............Sturridge...

Squad: Keeper, Alex, Bruma, PVA, Lamps, Mikel, Kalou, Borini, Kakuta,Benayoun, Clifford, Sala

Do you honestly think that the same exact team can compete at the same level next year? Drogba will be 35 and Lamps will be 33. It will be very hard to play at a high level consistantly. I don't doubt that at times they can play, but look what happened this when we played inconstantly. A title can be lost. Also, the older these types of players get, the harder it will be to get some money from a transfer. Now I don't think we would ever sell Lamps unless he says he wants to go, but people like Drogba, Anelka, and Boswinga could get us some money back at this point. The club has to be responsible.

I think Drogba can do the job next year as well. Age is just a number, it's all about the fitness of the players.

On the other hand, if the new rules about spendings mean we can't spend alot of money in the future then perhaps we need to buy cover for Drogba now.

We need more staaagger...o call this formation thhe circle of friends

....................................TORRES

..................AGUERO........................PATO

....SANCHEZ...............................................ROBBEN

.........COLE.......................................IVANOVIC.

............ESSIEN..............................RAMIRES

........................LUIZ..........TERRY

................................CECH

K

12 players?

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-JT-A.Cole

Essien

Ramires-Lampard

Neymar/Aguero-Torres

news 1: Sergio Kun Aguero 'again' our number 1 target in summer.

news 2:100 millions to spend in summer :laugh2:

Edited by amART

Alex and Terry are a solid partnership and I would not like to break them up. I'd try Luiz in midfield to replace Lampard and boost our attack. Sanchez would be an excellent signing and ideal to play on the right wing. My team is as follows:-

Cech

Ivan Alex Terry Cole

Ramires Essien Luiz

Sanchez Torres Zhirkov

Next year I think we should get a pacy winger to replace Malouda and replace Lampard with Mceachran or some other midfielder who is good at passing and keeping possession.

We already have the left winger to replace Malouda and that is Yuri Zhirkov.

We'll go for one of Hazard, Sanchez or Neymar and one other random player, probably a cheapish attacking midfielder.

what about benayoun?

i think Mikel might end up going, i'd like to see someone more dynamic come in who can be back up for Essien - defensively capable, tenacious, but also with a better range of passing than Mikel, and a bit more drive.

edit: i've just realised how well that describes Josh. Scratch that...

Edited by sleepy_gonzalez