Benayoun is back in business

Gem

Yossi came on for the final 20 minutes of Israel last night. Obviously a great sign for Chelsea, especially with the run in. His experience and quality was sorely missed in the Winter months I feel (probably not as much as Frank's was) and with important games in the League & CL coming up, it's good to see him playing again.

Yossi came on for the final 20 minutes of Israel last night. Obviously a great sign for Chelsea, especially with the run in. His experience and quality was sorely missed in the Winter months I feel (probably not as much as Frank's was) and with important games in the League & CL coming up, it's good to see him playing again.

how the f**k was he allowed to play international football without having made his comeback for us yet???

was it not on int. duty he got injured??

how the f**k was he allowed to play international football without having made his comeback for us yet???

was it not on int. duty he got injured??

I don't see a problem here. He needs to play football to work his way back into match fitness after being sidelined for so long and here was a chance to get some minutes. And it's not like he played 90+ minutes.

Yeah he got injured against Newcastle, just pulled up without anyone near him, and without having to really stretch for the ball, was initially confusing, and then quite sad :(

Reminds me of when I lost my virginity...

My only misgiving with Yossi being back is that it probably means that Josh will drop off the bench. No more first team chances for him this season.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

You beat me to it ES.

With all & sundry raving about Wilshere at the moment (and rightly so IMO) it is a bit annoying / worrying that our own young prodigy looks unlikely of breaking through further any time soon and yet Wilshere only has one year on him.

And I think Josh has more to him as well (blue specs)

but to be honest, I dont think he is being utilised correctly when he is playing. Also Yosi brings somthing that none of the other eshtablished players do, his inclusion is a benefit.... just drop malouda from the bench would be my reckoning..

You beat me to it ES.

With all & sundry raving about Wilshere at the moment (and rightly so IMO) it is a bit annoying / worrying that our own young prodigy looks unlikely of breaking through further any time soon and yet Wilshere only has one year on him.

Wilshere spent half of the last season on loan at Bolton which did him a world of good.

I fully expect Josh to go out on loan to one of the BPL clubs next season.

I believe it when I see it.

He's a run of the mill journeyman. We should never have been anywhere near him. Add to that the fact he hasn't played for most of the season and my expectations fall even further.

I disagree. He was impressive during his stint with Liverpool and could have been a valuable and much needed creative outlet in midfield during this season if it wasn't for his injury.

I believe it when I see it.

He's a run of the mill journeyman. We should never have been anywhere near him. Add to that the fact he hasn't played for most of the season and my expectations fall even further.

Reading between the lines ES, are you going as far as saying that we'd have been better off keeping Joey?!!!

Reading between the lines ES, are you going as far as saying that we'd have been better off keeping Joey?!!!

Steady on Nibs! I wouldn't have wanted to deprive the scousers.

Benayoun was a bench player at Liverpool and will be for us

As I said before, I'd rather Josh got a chance.

Steady on Nibs! I wouldn't have wanted to deprive the scousers.

Benayoun was a bench player at Liverpool and will be for us

As I said before, I'd rather Josh got a chance.

He`s a different type of player to Josh though, in fact he is different to any other player we currently have really. I can see the value of him in the squad, he can be brought on to run at tiring defences.