Vintage Blues pictures and film

23 hours ago, erskblue said:

Centre Forward Ian Hutchinson of Chelsea shoots the ball past Manchester United goalkeeper Alex Stepney and centre half Ian Ure to score as...
Chelsea vs Manchester United
People: Alex Stepney, Ian HutchCarlo Sar

Ian Hutchinson scores v Man Utd back on 21 March 1970 .

Some faces from my early sticker book years there. Ian Ure, also played for Arsenal, and surely a prime candidate for ugliest footballer of all time. Behind Hutch is Carlo Sartori, don't think he made it at Utd, great name for somebody who looked like the atypical ginger Scot or Irishman.

10 hours ago, ddrblue said:

I have come in here for some solice after that 3-3 today  and icant Get kepa and Frank out of me head > i have been ruined by events on the pitch and not off the pitch for a change 

Don't let it get to you mate, regardless of any result me, you and I'd guess most of us who post on this bit have supported the club through its worst years, now we've lived through the greatest 20 or so years in the club's history, it's all gravy you norvern munkee.

Ddr dont worry about the result. We did not lose. Frank will be Englanfs finest manager. He will win the world cup. For Chelsea we will be European champions again and again.We will dominate the premiership. At present hes learning and letting his heart rule his head. In my opinion he has started clearing out the crap though a few more need to go. Jorginio, hudson odoi,reece james, loftus cheek kepa.not one of em will play on a cold night at Millwall.

Remember the likes of Sparrow, rougvie, basson,maybank hopkins.Hall...........see we are not that bad. Dont forget Rotherham, Bolton, sc**thorpe,Wigan and more. Is why we love Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Londons Finest said:

Ddr dont worry about the result. We did not lose. Frank will be Englanfs finest manager. He will win the world cup. For Chelsea we will be European champions again and again.We will dominate the premiership. At present hes learning and letting his heart rule his head. In my opinion he has started clearing out the crap though a few more need to go. Jorginio, hudson odoi,reece james, loftus cheek kepa.not one of em will play on a cold night at Millwall.

Remember the likes of Sparrow, rougvie, basson,maybank hopkins.Hall...........see we are not that bad. Dont forget Rotherham, Bolton, sc**thorpe,Wigan and more. Is why we love Chelsea.

This is what i cant understand when you gave me flashbacks to the rotherham 6-0 defeat and defeats to likes of sc**thorpe ,mansfield,Grimsby,shrewsbury ,Wigan etc etc back in the 1980s i was pissed off for sure ,but just took it on me chin and the abuse would be ten fold in the local pub every Sunday from all and sundry .

chelsea draw 3-3 yesterday  as you pointed out , but iam climbing up me bastard front room walls and pulling kepa apart > cant understand why i have turned so negative towrads a CFC bad result when after the rotherham hammering > next game was 2-1 Home to newcastle > League cup defeat to Oldham 4-2 > then it was Oldham away 1-0 defeat ,but wild horses was not going to keep me from going to Oldham .

i seem to Get more wound up today when CFC have a bad result and i dont go to games anymore ,just watch them via the idiot box ,so its not as if iam pissing my wages up the wall watching them > at my age i should be far more chilled .

going back to that Oldham  game my memorys from that day > getting off at Oldham station with another mate from donny and walking into a close by workingmens  club or pub and been worried like fcuk if i Get server a pint or not since i was 16 . Got the pints and started talking to this local at the bar > he was about 20/21 full demin on with demin jeans ,demin shirt ,demin jacket and alarm bells was ringing inside me > after about 5 mins he asked if we wanted to see his puppy > me and my donny mate was on nonce watch straight away > then this nutjob pulls a small black puppy dog out from underneath his demin jacket > who on earth carrys a small black puppy about under their jacket in a pub > you could not see us for dust as we left our half drunk pints .

This is the game when a lady with a tea trolly was pushing said trolley round the pitchside as teams were warming up selling tea and things to eat > some chelsea player whacked the ball sky wards and it came down across the pitch half way line and straight into the tea trolley taking it out .

think Oldham had the plastic pitch just installed then ? If so a helicopter landed in Middle of pitch pre kick off and i think it was denis law that got out with the match ball ?

after the game i ended up with 10+ other chelsea lads and i had no idea who they was but we ended up chasing this lone  Oldham chap who was Blackman and funny enough he was all in demin just like the strange chap in the pub ,but this chap did not have any puppys under his jacket > just house bricks > he had lobbed a house brick and took out one of the chelsea lads with a direct hit hence why we gave chase .

the blackman was not worried one bit as he run off and stop so we could Get closer then lob another house brick > this stopping and starting lobbing house bricks went on for 10 mins and we was getting more and more off track > i smelt the coffee and fcuk this he is leading us all into a trap > it was pitch black middle of housing estate open grass land and bells was ringing in my head again > not that it mattered to the other chelsea chaps but i said > this is a trap and me and donny lad are heading back to station > about 20 mins later on Oldham station i see 4/5 of chelsea chaps who gave up the chase some 5 mins after me ,but they got jumped on crossing the open grass land > they had various fat lips and lumps to their heads and bleached jeans was the norm back then up NORTH and one of them had pissed himself when taking a beating > turns out this small group was all from wrexham ,hence the bleached jeans 

1 hour ago, erskblue said:
Our support at Southampton,a midweek cup tie . 6th Oct 1981. Steve Francis debut.
Footballawaydays on Twitter.

Thanks for that picture and Steve francis punt > i have mentioned steve francis this week in a couple of Threads and it rang bells in my memory bank of how i felt when found out SF was making his debut in this game via whatever source > maybe sportsnight ,but my worrys was soon put to rest 

24 minutes ago, ddrblue said:

Thanks for that picture and Steve francis punt > i have mentioned steve francis this week in a couple of Threads and it rang bells in my memory bank of how i felt when found out SF was making his debut in this game via whatever source > maybe sportsnight ,but my worrys was soon put to rest 

No problem .trying now to look for some slightly different pictures to post. I just enjoy finding out about our clubs great history. 

1 hour ago, ddrblue said:

This is what i cant understand when you gave me flashbacks to the rotherham 6-0 defeat and defeats to likes of sc**thorpe ,mansfield,Grimsby,shrewsbury ,Wigan etc etc back in the 1980s i was pissed off for sure ,but just took it on me chin and the abuse would be ten fold in the local pub every Sunday from all and sundry .

chelsea draw 3-3 yesterday  as you pointed out , but iam climbing up me bastard front room walls and pulling kepa apart > cant understand why i have turned so negative towrads a CFC bad result when after the rotherham hammering > next game was 2-1 Home to newcastle > League cup defeat to Oldham 4-2 > then it was Oldham away 1-0 defeat ,but wild horses was not going to keep me from going to Oldham .

i seem to Get more wound up today when CFC have a bad result and i dont go to games anymore ,just watch them via the idiot box ,so its not as if iam pissing my wages up the wall watching them > at my age i should be far more chilled .

going back to that Oldham  game my memorys from that day > getting off at Oldham station with another mate from donny and walking into a close by workingmens  club or pub and been worried like fcuk if i Get server a pint or not since i was 16 . Got the pints and started talking to this local at the bar > he was about 20/21 full demin on with demin jeans ,demin shirt ,demin jacket and alarm bells was ringing inside me > after about 5 mins he asked if we wanted to see his puppy > me and my donny mate was on nonce watch straight away > then this nutjob pulls a small black puppy dog out from underneath his demin jacket > who on earth carrys a small black puppy about under their jacket in a pub > you could not see us for dust as we left our half drunk pints .

This is the game when a lady with a tea trolly was pushing said trolley round the pitchside as teams were warming up selling tea and things to eat > some chelsea player whacked the ball sky wards and it came down across the pitch half way line and straight into the tea trolley taking it out .

think Oldham had the plastic pitch just installed then ? If so a helicopter landed in Middle of pitch pre kick off and i think it was denis law that got out with the match ball ?

after the game i ended up with 10+ other chelsea lads and i had no idea who they was but we ended up chasing this lone  Oldham chap who was Blackman and funny enough he was all in demin just like the strange chap in the pub ,but this chap did not have any puppys under his jacket > just house bricks > he had lobbed a house brick and took out one of the chelsea lads with a direct hit hence why we gave chase .

the blackman was not worried one bit as he run off and stop so we could Get closer then lob another house brick > this stopping and starting lobbing house bricks went on for 10 mins and we was getting more and more off track > i smelt the coffee and fcuk this he is leading us all into a trap > it was pitch black middle of housing estate open grass land and bells was ringing in my head again > not that it mattered to the other chelsea chaps but i said > this is a trap and me and donny lad are heading back to station > about 20 mins later on Oldham station i see 4/5 of chelsea chaps who gave up the chase some 5 mins after me ,but they got jumped on crossing the open grass land > they had various fat lips and lumps to their heads and bleached jeans was the norm back then up NORTH and one of them had pissed himself when taking a beating > turns out this small group was all from wrexham ,hence the bleached jeans 

I've been there a couple of times donny, both times in the 70s, and that was a weird and f**ked up town. First time I went there I was still at school, which meant the old supporters club coach for its cheapness. Back then the SC coach would always hang around for ages while the representatives of both supporters clubs had a beer or two. I'm not ashamed to say that we took refuge in the Oldham clubhouse as there were some scary looking neanderthals out there once the main lot had already departed on the special. This was the day that Mickey G's coach load (C.A.T.) had a brawl at one of the service stations on the way home with Leeds, made the news I think.

3 hours ago, Londons Finest said:

Bit harsh on John Sparrow mate, a decent player for both the promotion team and the year after. Hope you're right about the Lampard bit, but I'd give the three kids at least another year, Callum and Reuben both probably need a season of regular playing to fully get over their injuries, and Reece still shows signs of how good he could become if he keeps working at  it.

For once I thought Kepa was pretty blameless yesterday, the first two Saints goals came about as a direct consequence of schoolboy errors by Havertz and Zouma. On the third goal I initially thought that Kepa could have done better, but having seen the deflection on the replay, he had no chance, not his worst display for us yesterday, not by a long way.

13 minutes ago, MKBlue said:

Bit harsh on John Sparrow mate, a decent player for both the promotion team and the year after. Hope you're right about the Lampard bit, but I'd give the three kids at least another year, Callum and Reuben both probably need a season of regular playing to fully get over their injuries, and Reece still shows signs of how good he could become if he keeps working at  it.

For once I thought Kepa was pretty blameless yesterday, the first two Saints goals came about as a direct consequence of schoolboy errors by Havertz and Zouma. On the third goal I initially thought that Kepa could have done better, but having seen the deflection on the replay, he had no chance, not his worst display for us yesterday, not by a long way.

Haven't noticed anything that shows Kepa didn't commit an absolute howler after Zouma's shocking backpass, so I'll have another look.

What was absolutely unbelievable was the failure of both Kepa and Christensen to get the ball out of play for a corner.

1 hour ago, MKBlue said:

My issue with kepa yesterday was not his shot stopping from outside the area which is a mare ,but the FACT that he is the last line of defence from whatever happens in front of him > he is playing for a prem team wanting to at least equal or better last terms 4 th place which = progress and s forwards direction onwards and upwards as the saying goes > take any of the top keepers in the prem and put them into the exact same situation as kepa yesterday with those two goals in question . I just cant see any top keepers making the same type of pigs ear that kepa did and conceed two goals at all . 

kepa is playing for a prem team in the CL competion ,not a League one or two team diving about to earn a living > give me Steve francis any day over kepa at the moment and SF did not set the club back a arm and a leg in transfer fee ,the same arm and legs that failed kepa yesterday .

Mk blue......sorry it was harsh on Sparrow what i ment he was no household name. Have watched odoi   - Cheek for years and Christiianson at Aldershot. They to me are two bob., The lad we got rid of ro Brighton is a better player, is quicker reads the game more heart does not get done so much on his inside or outside. Sorry James is average prem standard West Ham would love him England......No.

Opinions hey, hope they all prove me wrong