Vintage Blues pictures and film

Carshalton Blue

26 minutes ago, erskblue said:

pa-18838413.jpg?w=840
Probably been posted. Just like it.

First of all before i make a complete twat of me sen ,is that game been played at SB ? It looks like it ,it smells like it and if so our kit is throwing me .

the other team at a educated guess is either man city ( in their red/ black away kit or Plymouth in green/black Home strip ?) if that is denis stuart then its man city and that is never main Road . So why chelsea in change of shirt ? 

Fair comment Donny ,my money is Man City ,looking on Boundair its an fa cup game v City at home.Lost 3 0 date jan 23 1971 

love that site

i seem to recall a few cup games back then had both teams playing in away kits 

4 hours ago, donnyblue said:

First of all before i make a complete twat of me sen ,is that game been played at SB ? It looks like it ,it smells like it and if so our kit is throwing me .

the other team at a educated guess is either man city ( in their red/ black away kit or Plymouth in green/black Home strip ?) if that is denis stuart then its man city and that is never main Road . So why chelsea in change of shirt ? 

I don't know why, but for some reason we used to play in away kits in some cup game. We played in stripes for one of our semi finals in the 60s . I  think that was the first time we had seen that kit.

EDit. It was v Sheffield Wednesday 1964. Inter Milan striped shirts we wore that day.

Edited by The Rising Sun
Explanation added

5 hours ago, donnyblue said:

Yeah it’s against Man City in 1971. I think it’s the FA Cup. City had a few various styles of away strips, back in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Edited by erskblue

13 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Can't figure this out.

caption says it's Athletics meeting at the Bridge in 1924

The women are wearing Star of David badges on their shirts , but that salute looks a bit dodgy !

can't make out what part of the stadium it is

gettyimages-1270314309-2048x2048.jpg

1921facf.jpg
Think it’s taken at the bottom bend of the Old Main Stand. Where the Stand ‘meets’ the curved terracing.

Where ‘Chelsea Football Club’ is written.   This photo was taken at the 1921 FA Cup Final, for comparison.

I believe the salute in the picture was originally The Olympic Salute . It was used on Olympic Posters for 1924 and 1928.

It was discontinued after the Second World War, due to it’s obvious similarlty to the Nazi Party Salute. These games at The Bridge were also termed a ‘Woman’s Olympiad.’  Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, erskblue said:

I believe the salute in the picture was originally The Olympic Salute . It was used on Olympic Posters for 1924 and 1928.

It was discontinued after the Second World War, due to it’s obvious similarlty to the Nazi Party Salute. These games at The Bridge were also termed a ‘Woman’s Olympiad.’  Hope this helps.

Thanks for both posts mate , I've always liked that aerial view of  the packed Stadium.

I wasn't sure though,  because we must be looking toward the shed end, and it looked too small to me ? What do you think Erksy ?

21 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Thanks for both posts mate , I've always liked that aerial view of  the packed Stadium.

I wasn't sure though,  because we must be looking toward the shed end, and it looked too small to me ? What do you think Erksy ?

Athletics - British Games - Parade Of Athletes - London - 1931 

Athletics - British Games - Parade Of Athletes - London - 1931 Stock PhotoP

Agreed, it’s confusing.   We must be looking in that 1924 picture, towards The Shed End. 

The above picture from 1931 shows the corner your picture was taken at. This time from the opposite corner.

p01hjfs5 Credit: BBC

The above picture is of Eric Liddell in 1924 and shows the corner where I reckon your picture was taken. Apologies to everyone  else!😀

Edited by erskblue

3 hours ago, erskblue said:
Football.jpg

A Happy Birthday to this guy, 81 today.  (Image: Mirrorpix)

You dont seem to see that anymore these days in that photo ? What is that i see that you lot cant see ?

13 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Can't figure this out.

caption says it's Athletics meeting at the Bridge in 1924

The women are wearing Star of David badges on their shirts , but that salute looks a bit dodgy !

can't make out what part of the stadium it is

gettyimages-1270314309-2048x2048.jpg

My question is why is there a area of > No mans land < could this be the first reported  act of end clearing by order of the peaky blinders . 

1 hour ago, donnyblue said:

You dont seem to see that anymore these days in that photo ? What is that i see that you lot cant see ?

Someone smoking a pipe? 😀Someone leaving an umbrella unattended ?😀

38 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Definitely aligns himself with Leeds can't blame him I suppose he did win the league there. Scored that goal against City one of the great away days. New flags in the Shed next to the Greenaway one.

Ey1nHA2WEAAmoKF.jpg

Ey8FL2zXIAEy6Zn.jpg

Tony dorigo > that 2-3 goal and win at man city > Sunday game > and that red/ blue/white or was it blue/ red/white away strip . Also Wembley > full members cup final v mboro > Dorigo 1-0 > Thanks for the service .

did i mention that programme neighbours from Australia ,if not that tv programme from Australia neighbours > skippy > wentworth prison `` leave it out B ´´