Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Here's a curio Eddie Mac in 1976 in the Portobello Rd apparently the guy was taking photos of Tom Waits and Eddie just walked by. Photographer was probably a Chelsea fan and just noticed him or when the photos were published someone might have said isn't that Eddie McCreadie ?

Edited by bluehaze

53 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

Bit before my time I'm pretty sure the lyrics are wrong.

ExXJOEFWEAI8wqd.jpg

EzBBALSXAAIfS7t.jpg

Whats with the yellow/ green chelsea what looks like the away shirt ,it seems to be missing the umbro markings down its sleeves albeit a short sleeved effort ? Was it a polo type shirt sold in club shop or a reason for missing umbro markings ?

8 hours ago, erskblue said:

Cheers for that.

You’re welcome.  Incidentally, I know the Walham Green picture has been posted before, but I was listening to Ian Dury, and wondered what the “ticket man” line would have been if the station name hadn’t been changed.

”It’s a long way to Walham Gree-een” doesn’t work too well either”!

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Bit before my time I'm pretty sure the lyrics are wrong.

ExXJOEFWEAI8wqd.jpg

God that takes me back! The version I remember goes like this:

I was born under the Chelsea Shed

Birds are made for shagging

Guns are made to shoot

If you come down to the Chelsea Shed

We’ll put in the boot

Edited by Upsetter

4 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Here's a curio Eddie Mac in 1976 in the Portobello Rd apparently the guy was taking photos of Tom Waits and Eddie just walked by. Photographer was probably a Chelsea fan and just noticed him or when the photos were published someone might have said isn't that Eddie McCreadie ?

That white van in the back ground on RH side ,is it Smith crisps by any chance anyone ?

4 hours ago, donnyblue said:

Whats with the yellow/ green chelsea what looks like the away shirt ,it seems to be missing the umbro markings down its sleeves albeit a short sleeved effort ? Was it a polo type shirt sold in club shop or a reason for missing umbro markings ?

If your current kit maker is not related to the retro kit you can’t use the logo ‘s

when we won the league 2004/05 I bought a great home Umbro shirt 77/78 with diamonds down the sleeves and on the chest with the club badge. As soon as we changed to Adidas the club shop only sold them plain.

imagine if we ever got Le Coq Sportif back to make our kit. The retro sales would go crazy!!

4 hours ago, Upsetter said:

God that takes me back! The version I remember goes like this:

Birds are made for shagging

Guns are made to shoot

If you come down to the Chelsea Shed

We’ll put in the boot

I seem to remember:

Heads were made for kicking 

Trains were made to wreck

7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

What a fantastic photo! Never seen this before.

15 minutes ago, zinc alloy said:

I seem to remember:

Heads were made for kicking 

Trains were made to wreck

I think it was one of those songs that changed developed over the years. I’ve got the vaguest recall of another variation that went:

Knives were made for stabbing

Guns were made to shoot 

and so on

From the same era:

If you go down to the Shed today

You're in for a big surprise

You’ll never believe your eyes

Cause Jeremy the Sugar Puffs bear

Has bought some boots and cropped his hair

Today’s the day that Jeremy bear’s a skinhead

Edited by Upsetter

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

If your current kit maker is not related to the retro kit you can’t use the logo ‘s

when we won the league 2004/05 I bought a great home Umbro shirt 77/78 with diamonds down the sleeves and on the chest with the club badge. As soon as we changed to Adidas the club shop only sold them plain.

imagine if we ever got Le Coq Sportif back to make our kit. The retro sales would go crazy!!

I never knew that or it Even crossed me mind . You do have a point about Le Coq Sportif and retro sales hitting the roof . Makes me Wonder why Bob the shirt dont knock out such merchindise down the Fulham Road as Adidas or chelsea fc cant have due restriction so many meters out of SB ? 

9 minutes ago, Upsetter said:

I think it was one of those songs that changed developed over the years. I’ve got the vaguest recall of another variation that went:

Knives were made for stabbing

Guns were made to shoot 

and so on

From the same era:

You're in for a big surprise

You’ll never believe your eyes

Cause Jeremy the Sugar Puffs bear

Has bought some boots and cropped his hair

Today’s the day that Jeremy bear’s a skinhead

Cathy is the one chelsea fan who will know every chelsea chant ever sung Word for Word for sure .Cathy  must be a walking libary on chelsea fc .

3 hours ago, Richard P said:

That's not quite right Richard it's a copyright issue if you look at nearly all retro football shirts you'll hardly see an Umbro, Le Coq Sportif or Adidas on any of them Toffs used to have some but don't appear to anymore although I haven't checked everyone . The only one it doesn't seem to effect is Admiral who released some England Shirts for I think it was the last world cup. You can get them for massive prices on certain sites but official club shops will only sell repro's.

https://admiralsportswear.com/brands/admiral-retro/

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

That's not quite right Richard it's a copyright issue if you look at nearly all retro football shirts you'll hardly see an Umbro, Le Coq Sportif or Adidas on any of them Toffs used to have some but don't appear to anymore although I haven't checked everyone . The only one it doesn't seem to effect is Admiral who released some England Shirts for I think it was the last world cup. You can get them for massive prices on certain sites but official club shops will only sell repro's.

Sorry that was what I meant with the Umbro retro shirt, it was made by Umbro because they were back making the current kit. The original shirt can be made at anytime by the manufacturer, but not by the club or eg Toffs

7 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Cheers, interesting info about the selling of retro shirts.