Bridgeman

Any game recommendation?

On 20/05/2020 at 12:13, Zeta said:

Playing Divinity Original Sin at the moment.

I played that a while back, really enjoyed it. You could tell it was made by people that cite Baldurs Gate as their influence. They are now making Baldurs Gate 3 apparently. 

51 minutes ago, dkw said:

I played that a while back, really enjoyed it. You could tell it was made by people that cite Baldurs Gate as their influence. They are now making Baldurs Gate 3 apparently. 

BG3 looks a bit too much like Divinity imo though, even though it's a great game, I expected it to feel more like Baldur's Gate, I'll still buy it though, it looks really good. 

On 21/05/2020 at 07:44, JM7 said:

Anyone seen the trailer for Ghost of Tsushima? Looks incredible. 

This is probably a controversial opinion, but I'm not as blown away by Sony's big budget games as other people. They seem to be more about the cinematic experience than anything else. Tons of cutscenes, a lot of walking and talking and some game play inbetween. I also really dislike the camera angle in modern third person games. The field of view is horrible, especially in God of War.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

This is probably a controversial opinion, but I'm not as blown away by Sony's big budget games as other people. They seem to be more about the cinematic experience than anything else. Tons of cutscenes, a lot of walking and talking and some game play inbetween. I also really dislike the camera angle in modern third person games. The field of view is horrible, especially in God of War.

Spider-Man & Days Gone were great! Never played God of War, my brother had it and it looked exactly as you described. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Spider-Man & Days Gone were great! Never played God of War, my brother had it and it looked exactly as you described. 

I have never been into Zombie games, but Spider-Man has always looked fun to play. I just haven't had a Playstation 4 to play it, and I don't really want to play it on PS Now.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I have never been into Zombie games, but Spider-Man has always looked fun to play. I just haven't had a Playstation 4 to play it, and I don't really want to play it on PS Now.

Days Gone isn’t your average zombie shooter, if you ever get gold of a PS4 I’ll lend you my copy :wink: 

The Sony exclusives might have a lot of cutscenes etc. but that comes with the main thing I need in a game; a great storyline. 

10 hours ago, JM7 said:

The hordes in Days Gone were intense battles !

Especially when they just wouldn’t stop chasing you! I took my first one on completely unprepared, didn’t have any spare ammo, minimal explosives and my bike was nearly out of fuel. Eventually I fell off a bridge into some water trying to run and gun, couldn’t get away quick enough and was just engulfed from all angles :laugh2:

11 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Especially when they just wouldn’t stop chasing you! I took my first one on completely unprepared, didn’t have any spare ammo, minimal explosives and my bike was nearly out of fuel. Eventually I fell off a bridge into some water trying to run and gun, couldn’t get away quick enough and was just engulfed from all angles :laugh2:

How did you get on with the Sawmill horde? That was an unbelievable horde. So scary. 

Only sad thing was that the hordes got a lot easier the more stamina you had. It’s all about the running. 

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

How did you get on with the Sawmill horde? That was an unbelievable horde. So scary. 

Only sad thing was that the hordes got a lot easier the more stamina you had. It’s all about the running. 

On my first play through I found a nice bottle neck that I filled with traps etc. 

Second one I managed to get a few good napalm hits on them while they were ‘sleeping’ and took a lot down at once. 

Tactical running away is the best policy!

9 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

On my first play through I found a nice bottle neck that I filled with traps etc. 

Second one I managed to get a few good napalm hits on them while they were ‘sleeping’ and took a lot down at once. 

Tactical running away is the best policy!

That moment you throw a napalm bomb is the moment it all kicks off. Boom. 

I tried to replay but always struggle to replay games. 

58 minutes ago, JM7 said:

That moment you throw a napalm bomb is the moment it all kicks off. Boom. 

I tried to replay but always struggle to replay games. 

I did it for the platinum trophy! Then they added new game plus which they said they were never doing and more difficulty levels. Maybe one day I’ll do it again but it’s a long bloody game!

14 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I did it for the platinum trophy! Then they added new game plus which they said they were never doing and more difficulty levels. Maybe one day I’ll do it again but it’s a long bloody game!

Only disappointment was the landscape could have been a lot more interesting. It was all very bland and samey. 

Posted (edited)

It's taken me 5 years but I've finally completed the main story of The Witcher: Wild Hunt. I got the 'bad ending' due to my choices so that has annoyed me!

Oh well, time to start the DLC! 

Note: I let my mate borrow my PS4 copy of the game after briefly losing interest, and he never got round to giving it back. So I bought the Switch version and started again on that. It's a brilliant game, even better than Skyrim which at the time, I thought was superior. 

Edited by Blueblur

11 hours ago, Blueblur said:

It's taken me 5 years but I've finally completed the main story of The Witcher: Wild Hunt. I got the 'bad ending' due to my choices so that has annoyed me!

Oh well, time to start the DLC! 

Note: I let my mate borrow my PS4 copy of the game after briefly losing interest, and he never got round to giving it back. So I bought the Switch version and started again on that. It's a brilliant game, even better than Skyrim which at the time, I thought was superior. 

The DLC is just as good, if not better, than the main game. 

12 hours ago, Munkworth said:

The DLC is just as good, if not better, than the main game. 

Blood and Wine in particular looks awesome! 

I’m a few hours into No Mans Sky. It’s a massive game and they’ve done it well. The only downside is that you literally have to build everything- nothing is automatic so there’s a lot of crafting and collecting. It becomes quite tiresome in the end. Not sure that I really be bothered to continue with it unfortunately 

13 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I’m a few hours into No Mans Sky. It’s a massive game and they’ve done it well. The only downside is that you literally have to build everything- nothing is automatic so there’s a lot of crafting and collecting. It becomes quite tiresome in the end. Not sure that I really be bothered to continue with it unfortunately 

Subnautica was like that, fantastic to begin with and really enjoyable as you unlocked more and more things to build. But then it became a chore hunting for resources to make things and I lost interest.

5 hours ago, dkw said:

Subnautica was like that, fantastic to begin with and really enjoyable as you unlocked more and more things to build. But then it became a chore hunting for resources to make things and I lost interest.

Yeah that’s it - you find this item 1, then you need find item 2 to build item 3. It’s just goes on. 

My last few games haven’t really worked out. Zombie trilogy and NMS have been disappointing. 

Desperately need something new to play 

19 hours ago, JM7 said:

Space-nautica...

I have been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 on PC.......what an incredibly confusing game this is.

The Phantasy Star series is one of my favourites, and even with my experience with the series, I have found it very hard to get used to. The amount of different ways to buy important items is ridiculous, there must be about 10 different forms of currency in the game and most of them are used for different items. It's the same with upgrading weapons, armour and accessories too.

It's a decent game overall, but having so much clutter hurts it. 

Phantasy Star Universe was a much simpler game to play.

I'm playing Greedfall at the moment, it's a belting RPG, reminds me of older Bethesda games, when they were good.