Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 01/05/2020 at 12:18, dkw said:

Streets of Rage 4 is bloody great, so much fun and thankfully they stuck to the original concept quite well.

It's really good. I was thinking of buying the game on Steam, but it's on Game Pass so I decided to play it on there instead.

Just before this game was released, I played through every game, including the Streets of Rage fan made remake game. It was hard to get into the 4th one to begin with after playing 3 and Remake, but after a day of playing it, I got used to it. 

There is only a few things I don't like about it. I don't like how certain enemies can become invulnerable to your attacks at times, and I'm not a great fan of the music, it's no where near as good as the music in the older games. Other than that though, it's really fun and I'm glad they didn't try and make it too different from the old games just to seem like they are trying to modernise it. The Streets of Rage series still holds up really well, so there was no need to change too much.

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It's really good. I was thinking of buying the game on Steam, but it's on Game Pass so I decided to play it on there instead.

Just before this game was released, I played through every game, including the Streets of Rage fan made remake game. It was hard to get into the 4th one to begin with after playing 3 and Remake, but after a day of playing it, I got used to it. 

There is only a few things I don't like about it. I don't like how certain enemies can become invulnerable to your attacks at times, and I'm not a great fan of the music, it's no where near as good as the music in the older games. Other than that though, it's really fun and I'm glad they didn't try and make it too different from the old games just to seem like they are trying to modernise it. The Streets of Rage series still holds up really well, so there was no need to change too much.

Yeah the music is a bit rubbish, but I loved the retro feel of it, took me back to my Sega Megadrive days ha ha...

On 03/05/2020 at 12:33, kiwi1691 said:

What, what, what. How old are you 12? It looks terrible. I am old enough to remember when ubisoft actually put time and effort into recreating the true history, where this is some trashy fantasy sh*t. 

A wonderful review of a awful trailer

I don't really care to see that whole video, it looks like it's too long and I'm guessing that I have the same opinion about this newest game as the person who made the video anyway, I simply don't understand why would they even try to make an AC game with vikings that were a lot of things but really not the silent type, which was the main point of AC originally.

I also don't understand it from a design point of view, IMO a big part of AC was always the fact that it was set in an exciting time period, in a city or cities that in historical terms were somewhat a center of happenings and last but not least, the amazing architecture that your assassin would climb on and do a lot of parkour was a key feature.
What amazing buildings were there at the times of the Vikings? None, basically some wooden churches that were at best 60 feet high and that's it. So you won't be able to climb amazing structures but the game seems to have this mythical theme again where there are gods and what not and you probably get to "parkour" up your way on a mountain or something like that which is very lame IMO. Were the vikings at any moment representing some center of happenings? Not really, yes they invaded and plundered around the place but that's the whole point, this game is going to set in Scandinavia that was never that relevant that's why they went to plunder other places in the first place...!

The last AC games I played were already pushing it; AC 4 Black Flag (set in the time of the pirates and I really like that whole theme regardless) and AC Unity (set in Revolutionary France). Now I really liked to be a pirate but even if that particular game didn't have a major city it did have those Mayan/Aztec cities and ruins and that made the whole concept work, a big part of that game was the naval traveling which I personally enjoyed a lot, specially when the crew sings some nice shanties, so I'm maybe biased there.
AC Unity while being a bad game when it came down to the story line, had great graphics and I enjoyed going around Paris, I really felt like I was in a different time period, but IMO this is all what's left from AC games as a whole = only the graphics are good and the world looks stunning but the story and gameplay are getting dumber and dumber.

Edited by Gol15

19 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Now, which he next? Golden axe would be my choice. 

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I don't really care to see that whole video, it looks like it's too long and I'm guessing that I have the same opinion about this newest game as the person who made the video anyway, I simply don't understand why would they even try to make an AC game with vikings that were a lot of things but really not the silent type, which was the main point of AC originally.

I also don't understand it from a design point of view, IMO a big part of AC was always the fact that it was set in an exciting time period, in a city or cities that in historical terms were somewhat a center of happenings and last but not least, the amazing architecture that your assassin would climb on and do a lot of parkour was a key feature.
What amazing buildings were there at the times of the Vikings? None, basically some wooden churches that were at best 60 feet high and that's it. So you won't be able to climb amazing structures but the game seems to have this mythical theme again where there are gods and what not and you probably get to "parkour" up your way on a mountain or something like that which is very lame IMO. Were the vikings at any moment representing some center of happenings? Not really, yes they invaded and plundered around the place but that's the whole point, this game is going to set in Scandinavia that was never that relevant that's why they went to plunder other places in the first place...!

The last AC games I played were already pushing it; AC 4 Black Flag (set in the time of the pirates and I really like that whole theme regardless) and AC Unity (set in Revolutionary France). Now I really liked to be a pirate but even if that particular game didn't have a major city it did have those Mayan/Aztec cities and ruins and that made the whole concept work, a big part of that game was the naval traveling which I personally enjoyed a lot, specially when the crew sings some nice shanties, so I'm maybe biased there.
AC Unity while being a bad game when it came down to the story line, had great graphics and I enjoyed going around Paris, I really felt like I was in a different time period, but IMO this is all what's left from AC games as a whole = only the graphics are good and the world looks stunning but the story and gameplay are getting dumber and dumber.

For me, I really enjoyed the stealth aspect of the earlier games but the more recent ones are more RPG/slashers. 

I also couldn’t get into the new combat either. 

59 minutes ago, dkw said:

Now, which he next? Golden axe would be my choice. 

The devs did say they were interested in making a Golden Axe game, so if Sega let's them do it, I think that will be the next one. I would be happy with that or Shinobi.

49 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The devs did say they were interested in making a Golden Axe game, so if Sega let's them do it, I think that will be the next one. I would be happy with that or Shinobi.

Good call, that would be good too. 

22 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Finished Subnautica yesterday, really enjoyed it. Hopefully the DLC is available for console so I can smash that out in the future :good2:

We got quite far into that game but sort of drifted (ha ha) away from it, great little mage though.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

We got quite far into that game but sort of drifted (ha ha) away from it, great little mage though.

It doesn’t get a bit tedious but I spent way too much time building pointless things :laugh2:

5 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It doesn’t get a bit tedious but I spent way too much time building pointless things :laugh2:

We got into the free roaming bit where you could build anything, then kind of gave up. I had go to the point were i was ready to build the big sub but couldnt find everything I needed so gave up.

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

We got into the free roaming bit where you could build anything, then kind of gave up. I had go to the point were i was ready to build the big sub but couldnt find everything I needed so gave up.

Google is your friend! I’d not have got anywhere without it :laugh2:

Currently playing Farm Simulator with my son - man it’s hard! I found a cheat where you can get £10m for free so we’ve ditched playing it properly and just messing about. Looking at YouTube though, it’s amazing how seriously some people take it. 

• 2 weeks later...

22 hours ago, JM7 said:

If anyone has kids, Lego ninjago is currently free on PS store

I tell you what, a lot of good free stuff for kids nowadays aren't there? It's no wonder they're all hooked on that fortnite game, I think I would be the same. 

I remember having to wait until Christmas or my Birthday to get the best 40 pound game every year. I remember begging for Elder Scrolls Oblivion 😅

11 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I tell you what, a lot of good free stuff for kids nowadays aren't there? It's no wonder they're all hooked on that fortnite game, I think I would be the same. 

I remember having to wait until Christmas or my Birthday to get the best 40 pound game every year. I remember begging for Elder Scrolls Oblivion 😅

I had to phone my mum from a phone box and beg for £20 to get GTA London on the PS2 that my friends dad had to buy for me because I was like 10. Probably spent a month doing hard labour to work it off :laugh2:

I just started playing Void Bastards (on the old forum, that would have come out as Void Bar Stewards 😆) It's a decent game, but I think I'm going to reach a point where it feels a bit grindy and repetitive quite soon.

Basically, you need make your way through space and enter enemy ships and survive by collecting food, fuel, oxygen and materials to upgrade your gear. If you die, you start again with a new character but you keep your loot apart from fuel, food, money and some ammo. Starting from the beginning isn't as bad as it sounds though, you're expected to die and clearing enemy ships doesn't take too long. You can take different routes to reach your goal, but the ships you enter start repeating themselves not long into the game. It's fun for now, but I'm already feeling the grind and repetitive side of the game after one session.

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I just started playing Void Bastards (on the old forum, that would have come out as Void Bar Stewards 😆) It's a decent game, but I think I'm going to reach a point where it feels a bit grindy and repetitive quite soon.

Basically, you need make your way through space and enter enemy ships and survive by collecting food, fuel, oxygen and materials to upgrade your gear. If you die, you start again with a new character but you keep your loot apart from fuel, food, money and some ammo. Starting from the beginning isn't as bad as it sounds though, you're expected to die and clearing enemy ships doesn't take too long. You can take different routes to reach your goal, but the ships you enter start repeating themselves not long into the game. It's fun for now, but I'm already feeling the grind and repetitive side of the game after one session.

Its a great little game isnt it, I was addicted to it for a while but once the grind started I lost interest. Ive found loads of games on Game Pass I would never have bothered with that have turned out to be little gems, its a great deal for that.

18 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Void Bastards you say? Pretty fitting with what I've been saying to the F.A. lately, but there's a "you" in the middle of it. 

17 hours ago, dkw said:

Its a great little game isnt it, I was addicted to it for a while but once the grind started I lost interest. Ive found loads of games on Game Pass I would never have bothered with that have turned out to be little gems, its a great deal for that.

I was a bit worried that I would start getting bored too quickly, but I'm actually enjoying it the more I play it. 

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I was a bit worried that I would start getting bored too quickly, but I'm actually enjoying it the more I play it. 

If you enjoyed that try Children of Morta, its another procedural built game but a mythical type, elves and orcs and all that. Again a very good little indie game.