strategy missing? or big surprise coming

ws6blue

yes we all know the management status...............but come on, carlo went 3 weeks ago, arnesen 2 weeks ago and meanwhile, mancs & scouse setting up transfers for 2 of englands brightest starts (phil jones & henderson) while roman burns (geddit), so it looks pretty poor management from here (on the outside)

so maybe, just maybe the club have it all under control and are keeping the press out of it - last few days Guus stuff & hughesy gone quiet

so maybe guus as director of football & hughesy manager - that gets my vote, and JT's!

club if you are listening please sort soon, and get it right - longterm plan (sometimes called a strategy)

yes we all know the management status...............but come on, carlo went 3 weeks ago, arnesen 2 weeks ago and meanwhile, mancs & scouse setting up transfers for 2 of englands brightest starts (phil jones & henderson) while roman burns (geddit), so it looks pretty poor management from here (on the outside)

so maybe, just maybe the club have it all under control and are keeping the press out of it - last few days Guus stuff & hughesy gone quiet

so maybe guus as director of football & hughesy manager - that gets my vote, and JT's!

club if you are listening please sort soon, and get it right - longterm plan (sometimes called a strategy)

Not being funny, but would it not have made more sense to post that in one of the other threads about our continuing search for a manager, rather than starting a new thread on pretty much the same topic...

Not being funny, but would it not have made more sense to post that in one of the other threads about our continuing search for a manager, rather than starting a new thread on pretty much the same topic...

Get what you are saying,but he makes a valid point,no manager means we are hardly in a position to brings players in,or we would be foisting "Romans" signings on our New manager,don't wanna see MU n LFC hogging the headlines with what seems a mop up of young english talent.

Get what you are saying,but he makes a valid point,no manager means we are hardly in a position to brings players in,or we would be foisting "Romans" signings on our New manager,don't wanna see MU n LFC hogging the headlines with what seems a mop up of young english talent.

Unless the new manager is the person we have been paying to advise which players we should sign.

We appear to be very quiet on the face of it but I expect (or certainly hope) that behind the scenes, things are very frantic - with the new coach(es) already in place but just not announced and trying to sign the players needed to take us forward and decide which of the current squad it's time to say goodbye to.

Most of the players are on an at least two week holiday now, but it would be nice to know that we are fully prepared for next season sooner rather than later.

put the arse on ignore, Dicky - it saves having to look at the bollocks he posts!

Good idea, but the ignore system doesn't work that well because one is aware that the ignoree has posted, and one click reveals the murky contents. Just got to live with dissent I guess.

Edited by 54veteran

When we announce Hiddink as manager i think it is safe to say the rumour mill will go into overdrive, people are worried that other clubs are buying the likes of Henderson and Jones when there is a good chance we were not even in for them so i don't see the problem. If clubs start taking our targets then there is a problem.

Hiddink and Roman have more than likely talked over targets since Ancelotti has gone, i imagine Hiddink needs to keep his mouth shut to respect the Turkish FA.

put the arse on ignore, Dicky - it saves having to look at the bollocks he posts!

Nah, its more fun reading what new "interesting" thing hes written. His latest is Hiddink is an has-beenl and we should go for current German national team manager Loew. I`m sure we would get him to come to Chelsea with ease, surely an easy decision for him to make over coaching his nation through one of the most exciting times of their recent history....marvellous.

When we announce Hiddink as manager i think it is safe to say the rumour mill will go into overdrive, people are worried that other clubs are buying the likes of Henderson and Jones when there is a good chance we were not even in for them so i don't see the problem. If clubs start taking our targets then there is a problem.

Hiddink and Roman have more than likely talked over targets since Ancelotti has gone, i imagine Hiddink needs to keep his mouth shut to respect the Turkish FA.

Very true . I doubt we hear anything offical until the 1st July .

I do recall the melt down on here when Piennar signed for Rottenham over us and we hadn't signed anyone !!

Only for Luiz and Torres to arrive in the next couple of days ...............

Ahhhhh, the sudden United penchant for buying English talent! Already hailed as a masterstroke by those pundits who, had Roman bought them to the Bridge, wouldn’t have thought twice about calling Phil Jones [and potentially Ashley Young] overpriced and massive gambles. These two are in effect classic fit-for-purpose Premiership players, but neither satisfy Ferguson’s real desperate need for a couple of world class midfielders. This is a prime case of over-egging the central defensive pudding and Young will just add to their wing options when, in most formations, only two will ever fly together.

Naturally enough though, it does give the likes of Henry Winter the opportunity to sing Old Trafford praises for putting two future England centre backs [Jones and Smalling] together in a club side, but in all honestly, when was the last time any credit came Chelsea’s way for bolstering up the national team over the last six years? And, for that matter, when was the last time ManU put hands in pockets to fork out for an established marquee player anyway? By my reckoning the nearest they’ve come to doing so was Berbatov (he’s probably the main reason they haven’t gone near one since) and I’m actually struggling to think of who was the one previous to the lazy Bulgar!

Not that the Media, especially Sky, like it known, but it appears to me that United don’t ’do’ marquee signings anymore, unless the Tevez travesty counts, and if the reporting in this country was anything other than grossly tipped in Fergie’s favour we might even have heard strong rumours of marquee signings not ’doing’ Manchester United either. The Glazers have seen to that because (unlike the situation in the blue half of this footballing enclave) vast sums of money are an essential part of proceedings and they don’t exactly have much that they can call their own at the moment, what with the siphoning off of barrel loads to meet interest payments.

Of course, I could be doing Sir Alex and his cohorts in the propaganda business a grave injustice here and he might still swing into action with the capture of Sneijder, Modric, Pastore, or all three, although talk now is of Samir Nasri being the midfield player of choice and something, just a little something, makes me wonder if this might have more to do with money than marquee mistrust. We will see, but in the meantime I shouldn’t worry too much about United cornering any sort of market other than home grown, common or garden produce, of which Rooney has been at the metaphorical [potato] figurehead in recent years. And lest we forget, the present day exotic hothouse stuff, the Messi, Aguero, Neymar varieties, are still out there, out of reach of many maybe, but at least Chelsea are in the marketplace…. the Fernando Torres price tag has proved that much if nothing else.

Edited by Dorset

Ahhhhh, the sudden United penchant for buying English talent! Already hailed as a masterstroke by those pundits who, had Roman bought them to the Bridge, wouldn’t have thought twice about calling Phil Jones [and potentially Ashley Young] overpriced and massive gambles.

Naturally enough though, it does give the likes of Henry Winter the opportunity to sing Old Trafford praises for putting two future England centre backs [Jones and Smalling] together in a club side, but in all honestly, when was the last time any credit came Chelsea’s way for bolstering up the national team over the last six years?

So true Dorset funny how they fawn over these players ending up at Man Utd and fail to ask the question "why didn't they come through the famous acadmey of youth talent at Man Utd "

Yet all and sundry think one team of youth products in 20 years make the man a football great ..............

dont agree at all................phil jones is very decent prospect at leftside centreback and looks like JT 10years ago

henderson lacks some class but has great engine and in a better team will get plenty goals...............and he looks like lamps 10 years ago

don't know whether we were 'in for these' players or not but in my view signing young english players with talent is key part of a strategy - as long as we play them (daniel come back)

dont agree at all................phil jones is very decent prospect at leftside centreback and looks like JT 10years ago

henderson lacks some class but has great engine and in a better team will get plenty goals...............and he looks like lamps 10 years ago

don't know whether we were 'in for these' players or not but in my view signing young english players with talent is key part of a strategy - as long as we play them (daniel come back)

is he a bit of a chubber then? :)

Edited by nonotnowjim

I think its obvious that the sooner we get the manager sorted out the better. Other clubs can continue with their transfer activity while we are unable to do so. I think we could do with a few signings so the later we leave it then the harder it could get

I think its obvious that the sooner we get the manager sorted out the better. Other clubs can continue with their transfer activity while we are unable to do so. I think we could do with a few signings so the later we leave it then the harder it could get

That's not necessarily true. As others have commented the manager does none of the recruiting here. Carlo said as much last season.

The main issue with the manager and transfer policy is the selling point. Obviously if you can claim Ferguson or Ancelotti is the manager and he's won this and that and coached such and such that's attractive to potential signings. As Ferguson did with Phil Jones he can talk to the family or talk to the player personally and I'd imagine that such personal appeals have a big influence as well. With no manager appointed even if Hiddink is a fait accompli it's more difficult to do, I can't imagine the TFF President would take kindly to us telling players Hiddink will be our manager or him calling a guy and telling him to join him at Chelsea!

That's not necessarily true. As others have commented the manager does none of the recruiting here. C

Or seemingly in most over big clubs in europe.

Just glad to see our youth policy working...sell them all and make some cash...from The People..

'JACK CORK will use the next fortnight to put himself in the shop window after admitting it is time to follow England Under-21 pals Scott Sinclair and Michael Mancienne out of Chelsea.

Sinclair will get his chance to shine on the Premier League stage next season after the gamble he took in joining Swansea last summer paid off, while Mancienne will gain vital European experience after signing for Bundesliga outift Hamburg.

Both had grown tired of beating their heads against a brick wall at Stamford Bridge.

Now Cork, who has had six loan clubs in the past five seasons, is also ready – for the time being at least – to end his Chelsea dream'