Scott Parker

Exportjack

I read in the Daily Mirror (yes, it must be true)...... that AVB is eyeing up a swoop for Scotty Parker!

Supposedly Parker does wish to stay in London due to family issues.........................

Can there be any truth in this, or is it all rubbish paper talk?????

Would be a good short term signing but long term i think we would be better off with Modric. The only good thing about Parker would be is the price tag. should cost over 8 million.

If we are to replace Essien I'd love it to be Arturo Vidal from Bayer Leverkusen. He's been great the last year, and from what I've read he's only got a year left on his contract. Not sure if we need another midfielder if we get Modric though, Essien will be back in six months time and we got Ramires and Mikel as defensive options. That will probably do.

Edited by Anders

No, but agree, would be good short term, especially with Modric or Nasari.

Short term as in a 12 month contract might work. If you assume Essien won't be back for 6 months, he'll need another few weeks at least to get back to match fitness and hopefully find some kind of form.

Short term as in a 12 month contract might work. If you assume Essien won't be back for 6 months, he'll need another few weeks at least to get back to match fitness and hopefully find some kind of form.

2 yr contract I would say. he's got 2 good yrs left in him deffo. Peaked last season

He wasn't good enough six years ago when he was younger and better. Why waste money and wages on another 30 year old who isn't better than the players we already have? Parker at this stage is a stopgap, nothing more.

We need to look at young players on the rise, like Vidal, who was mentioned here already.

He wasn't good enough six years ago when he was younger and better. Why waste money and wages on another 30 year old who isn't better than the players we already have? Parker at this stage is a stopgap, nothing more.

He wasn't better 6 years ago! He is a much more balanced and composed player now and he fully deserves his place in the current England midfield. I always thought he shouldve been given more of a chance with us, but also understood that Mourinho saw him as a bit of a liability, due to all the free kicks he used to give away (more than Mikel does now!)

I think it would be a cracking short term signing and let's not forget he would help with the English quota too.

I dont buy a word of it though.

Edited by bjd

All of this is wrong.

I disagree, i dont think he would come back. He wants to play every game and wants to be an important part of a team, i think he knows that he wouldnt get that at Chelsea epically if Modric does turn up.

I disagree, i dont think he would come back. He wants to play every game and wants to be an important part of a team, i think he knows that he wouldnt get that at Chelsea epically if Modric does turn up.

I think he's actually more likely to compete with Mikel for a spot. Great signing for the Premier League, I think he'd be a big bonus.

However, I agree with bjd. Not a word of truth in the Mirror or People stories.

Yes amART, because considering the Football Writers' player of the year from last season and a current member of England's midfield, who's available for 5m, shows we are desperate for a new signing. It doesn't at all have anything to do with some of us thinking he could potentially have a positive impact on our midfield for a relatively low price.

It seems with some that unless a player has an extortionate price tag, he's no good and not worth even worth discussing.

One year deal? On loan? Do people think Scot Parker is a fool to agree to that? At 30 he is at the age where this summer he is probably going to get his last big contract, helped by the fact that he was superb last season. At this stage, would he take up a 60k 3 year contract offer at Spurs where he'd be almost guaranteed first team place or would he do any of the above? Yes he'd be competing with Mikel for the defensive midfielder spot but how many think even Mikel would be first choice if we sign Modric?

I think the answer is clear.

Considering how many teams will try to get Parker there is no chance he will be cheap in wages and transfer fee ... Also Parker is very very overrated nowadays, he is a good player but standing out at West Ham is not that much of a problem and if he is that great why did West Ham got relegated anyways?

One year deal? On loan? Do people think Scot Parker is a fool to agree to that? At 30 he is at the age where this summer he is probably going to get his last big contract, helped by the fact that he was superb last season. At this stage, would he take up a 60k 3 year contract offer at Spurs where he'd be almost guaranteed first team place or would he do any of the above? Yes he'd be competing with Mikel for the defensive midfielder spot but how many think even Mikel would be first choice if we sign Modric?

I think the answer is clear.

Why would he take a 60k contract at Spurs when he's already on 70k a week?