Following our youngsters on loan

Zeta

Matej Delac

Goalkeeper

SK Dynamo Ceske Budejovice - Whole 2011/2012 Season

After his disappointing loan spell at Vitesse last year, in which he made 0 appearances, Delac was loaned out to Czech side SK Dynamo Ceske Budejovice in September of this year.

13/11/2011 - So far has yet to make an appearance.

Thibaut Courtois

Goalkeeper

Atletico Madrid - Whole 2011/2012 Season

Signed from Racing Genk at the start of this year on a 5-year deal, is seen as the natural successor to Cech when he retires. Currently out on loan at Athletico to gain more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - Has made 11 appearances so far in league and europe according to their website, seems to be their first choice keeper. Has kept about 5-6 clean sheets, so he's doing well. Although the last few weeks they have been conceding a few.

Sam Walker

Goalkeeper

Northampton Town - 2011/2012 Season

Having spent a few months on loan last year at Barnet, he went out for the whole season this year to Northampton to get more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - Has made 21 appearances so far in League and Cup, so definitely their first choice keeper. The club aren't doing that well in the league so far sitting in 20th. Walker has conceded 28 goals in his 17 league matches, keeping 4 clean sheets, though they haven't kept one since mid September.

Tomas Kalas

Defender

Vitesse Arnham - 2011/2012 Season

Another promising youngster signed last year, was sent out on loan to Vitesse at the start of the season.

13/11/2011 - Has made about 7 appearances so far and has helped sure up their defence which was pretty shaky for the ifrst handful of games. But they've been conceding far fewer since he's come into the first team.

Conor Clifford

Midfield

Yeovil Town - 1 Month (3rd November 2011 - 3rd December 2011)

Reserve team captain and recently included in the senior Ireland squad, certainly one for the future. Spent a month or so with Plymouth and then Notts County last year and did quite well, so he's gone for a month to Yeovil this year for more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - So far has made only 1 appearance for Yeovil, in a 2-2 draw with Chesterfield, coming off on the 62nd minute. Too soon to say how the loan spell will go really.

Ulises Davila

Midfield

Vitesse Arnhem - 2011/2012 Season

Signed in the summer, another one loaned out to Vitesse for some experience in European football.

13/11/2011 - Has started 3 games so far in league and cup, but has been subbed off in each one and hasn't played since he was taken off at half time in a match towards the end of September.

Gaël Kakuta

Midfield

Bolton Wanderers - 2011/2012 Season

Spent a somewhat disappointing spell at Fulham towards the end of last year, after Ancelotti gave up on the youth plan. Has moved to Bolton this year to try and get some more PL games under his belt.

13/11/2011 - Has played 4 games so far, 2 in the league, 2 in the league cup. Scored 1 goal (in the cup), but hasn't featured as much as Chelsea would have hoped yet.

Jeffrey Bruma

Defender

Hamburg - 2011/2012 Season

One of the many who went to Hamburg in the summer, after failing to break into the first team squad last year, as Carlo prefered to play Ferreria and others rather than Bruma. Went out in the hope of gaining more first team experience to help him break through.

13/11/2011 - Has made 7 appearances for a struggling Hamburg so far, scoring 1 goal. Looked a bit shaky, though no-one has really covered themselves in glory at Hamburg this season. Save maybe Tore.

Patrick van Aanholt

Defender

Wigan Athletic - 2011/2012 Season

Lost out to Ryan Bertrand in the choice for Ashley Cole's backup this year, so went out on another loan spell, this time to a PL club to see if he can cut it.

13/11/2011 - Made 4 appearances so far, 3 in the league 1 in the league cup. Struggling to get in front of Figuero at LB, and apparently may have had a falling out with the manager, according to their fans and twitter. So who knows what's going on over there.

Yossi Benayoun

Midfield

Arsenal - 2011/2012 Season

No idea why we loaned him out when we could have sold him.

13/11/2011 - Don't really care.

More bad news than good news I'm afraid, but Courtois starting in La Liga is pretty good news. Also makes the whole Delac situation seem better.

I knew about Kakuta and PVA not seeing much of the pitch, but was hoping that Davila would be showing some promise already.

I am most disappointed with the Kakuta loan. Poor fella cant catch a break. When he was at Fulham they were struggling so he couldnt get a good run there and now the same thing with Bolton. I hope we only loan our players to PL sides in January after seeing how the teams are performing and picking a team which is safely placed in the mid table.

I am most disappointed with the Kakuta loan. Poor fella cant catch a break. When he was at Fulham they were struggling so he couldnt get a good run there and now the same thing with Bolton. I hope we only loan our players to PL sides in January after seeing how the teams are performing and picking a team which is safely placed in the mid table.

Looking at Kakuta's two loan spells the only bright point about the current one is its only up to Jan. I would not send him out to Bolton even if he managed to get a few more games between now and Jan. I would rather have him playing the initial FA cup games for us or sending him to a side like Swansea where its more likely that he will get first team action given the squad is short on quality as compared to Bolton.

This thread is exactly why I would want to see Lukaku go on loan to a Championship side, and shows that while some have shot me down in other threads, their is no point to him being loaned to a PL team as the only ones who would take him probably wouldn't have the courage to play him in the situation that they find themselves in!

The rule allowing loans between PL sides is stupid as far as I'm concerned anyway!

Edited by shedpensioner

The original post made for a rather depressing read, but thank you for the heads up and progress update anyway.

Courtois, at the very least, seems to be doing well. So there's one positive.

(edit) considering how recklessly people throw around 'Likes' on here, I'm surprised that a post where BlueSkies has really gone out of his way to research and detail the progress of every single one of our loans doesn't have any.

Edited by blizeH

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like young Yossi now wants to stay at Arsenal, which would be good for us!

Just for those that slapped me down when I called hima reject before, thats right we've got a player wanting to leave us because he didn't get games to join another team where he isn't getting games, truly a player with big ambition!

I can't edit the first post, so here's the update as of 17/12/2011:

Matej Delac

Goalkeeper

SK Dynamo Ceske Budejovice - Whole 2011/2012 Season

After his disappointing loan spell at Vitesse last year, in which he made 0 appearances, Delac was loaned out to Czech side SK Dynamo Ceske Budejovice in September of this year.

13/11/2011 - So far has yet to make an appearance.

17/12/2011 - So far has yet to make an appearance.

Thibaut Courtois

Goalkeeper

Atletico Madrid - Whole 2011/2012 Season

Signed from Racing Genk at the start of this year on a 5-year deal, is seen as the natural successor to Cech when he retires. Currently out on loan at Athletico to gain more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - Has made 11 appearances so far in league and europe according to their website, seems to be their first choice keeper. Has kept about 5-6 clean sheets, so he's doing well. Although the last few weeks they have been conceding a few.

17/12/2011 - Only kepy 1 clean sheet in his last 4 matches, which was against Celtic in a 1-0 when he pulled off some good saves. Got himself sent off against Real Madrid and has conceded 6 goals in his last 4 matches I think. Seems to vary from pulling off great saves, to letting in quite a few and having little moments of madness.

Sam Walker

Goalkeeper

Northampton Town - 2011/2012 Season

Having spent a few months on loan last year at Barnet, he went out for the whole season this year to Northampton to get more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - Has made 21 appearances so far in League and Cup, so definitely their first choice keeper. The club aren't doing that well in the league so far sitting in 20th. Walker has conceded 28 goals in his 17 league matches, keeping 4 clean sheets, though they haven't kept one since mid September.

17/12/2011 - Has played 3 more games since the last update, conceeding 12 goals, including 7 in a 7-2 defeat against Shrewsbury. Northampton are 22nd out of 24 teams in League 2, so it's unsurprising they are losing a lot, though he seems to be doing okay-ish individually.

Tomas Kalas

Defender

Another promising youngster signed last year, was sent out on loan to Vitesse at the start of the season.

13/11/2011 - Has made about 7 appearances so far and has helped sure up their defence which was pretty shaky for the ifrst handful of games. But they've been conceding far fewer since he's come into the first team.

17/12/2011 - Has played 5 more games since the last update. In the first of them he was taken off after 42 minutes with Vittese already 0-3 down (they lost 0-4), but the next 4 have all resulted in clean sheets (two 0-0 draws, a 4-0 win and a 1-0 win).

Conor Clifford

Midfield

Yeovil Town - 1 Month (3rd November 2011 - 3rd December 2011)

Reserve team captain and recently included in the senior Ireland squad, certainly one for the future. Spent a month or so with Plymouth and then Notts County last year and did quite well, so he's gone for a month to Yeovil this year for more first team experience.

13/11/2011 - So far has made only 1 appearance for Yeovil, in a 2-2 draw with Chesterfield, coming off on the 62nd minute. Too soon to say how the loan spell will go really.

17/12/2011 - Played in all of their 6 games since the last update, though was subbed off in 5 of them, he did manage to score against Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup (before they were knocked out in a replay). Must have extended his loan spell, since the original was only for 1 month as far as I was aware.

Ulises Davila

Midfield

Signed in the summer, another one loaned out to Vitesse for some experience in European football.

13/11/2011 - Has started 3 games so far in league and cup, but has been subbed off in each one and hasn't played since he was taken off at half time in a match towards the end of September.

17/12/2011 - Unused substitute twice in the last 5 games, but not made any further appearances. Seems to not be going very well for him over there.

Gaël Kakuta

Midfield

Bolton Wanderers - 2011/2012 Season

Spent a somewhat disappointing spell at Fulham towards the end of last year, after Ancelotti gave up on the youth plan. Has moved to Bolton this year to try and get some more PL games under his belt.

13/11/2011 - Has played 4 games so far, 2 in the league, 2 in the league cup. Scored 1 goal (in the cup), but hasn't featured as much as Chelsea would have hoped yet.

17/12/2011 - Has only played about 20 minutes since the last update, largely an unused substitute, can't get a start at all at the moment. He's just not having a good time of it in England, can't seem to find a club who will give him a chance. Certianly not working out as well as Sturridge to Bolton did, I would assume we'll bring him back in January and try and find a different club to loan him to, or maybe even give him a few games here and see what happens.

Jeffrey Bruma

Defender

Hamburg - 2011/2012 Season

One of the many who went to Hamburg in the summer, after failing to break into the first team squad last year, as Carlo prefered to play Ferreria and others rather than Bruma. Went out in the hope of gaining more first team experience to help him break through.

13/11/2011 - Has made 7 appearances for a struggling Hamburg so far, scoring 1 goal. Looked a bit shaky, though no-one has really covered themselves in glory at Hamburg this season. Save maybe Tore.

17/12/2011 - Hamburg have managed not to lose in their last 5 games since the most recent update and have moved up the table a little., with Bruma an ever present in those matches, managing to help his team keep 3 clean sheets in 5, conceeding only 2. He also managed to score another goal, from a Tore corner.

Patrick van Aanholt

Defender

Wigan Athletic - 2011/2012 Season

Lost out to Ryan Bertrand in the choice for Ashley Cole's backup this year, so went out on another loan spell, this time to a PL club to see if he can cut it.

13/11/2011 - Made 4 appearances so far, 3 in the league 1 in the league cup. Struggling to get in front of Figuero at LB, and apparently may have had a falling out with the manager, according to their fans and twitter. So who knows what's going on over there.

17/12/2011 - Hasn't featured on the pitch or on the bench since the last update.

Yossi Benayoun

Midfield

Arsenal - 2011/2012 Season

No idea why we loaned him out when we could have sold him.

13/11/2011 - Don't really care.

17/12/2011 - Still don't really care

Sam Walker: Northampton Town Fans Views

He's doing alright and has certainly been one of our more consistent performers this year. He's let a lot of goals in but with the defence he's had in front of him most of the time it's been like shooting fish in a barrel. His kicking could be a lot better (he seemed especially wayward today) and could do with coming off his line a bit more for aerial balls, although this aspect of his game has been better since Boothroyd took over a couple of weeks ago so I guess it's something they've been working on with him. He is a decent shot stopper though and he has the right physical attributes to be a decent keeper, most of the other stuff he should be able to pick up with experience.

I'd be surprised if he ever made it at Chelsea, to be honest, but he could end up as a regular Championship keeper.

He's tall and a good kicker. Has let in a large number of goals this season and whilst his team mates must take the majority of the blame there is question marks over him i.mo

For a lad of just 20 he has been first class. Good shot stopper, good coming out for crosses and remarkably cool in the circumstances (our defending has often been shocking this season).

I would not be surprised if he develops into a Premier League regular. Our most consistant performer this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick has been released by Wigan and returned to the bridge by mutual agreement between the 3 parties...never got any playing time so what was the point. All the young players need to play on a regular basis at the very least in the Championship.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh McEachran

Midfield

Swansea City - 6 month loan, until end of 2011/2012 season

Josh has moved to Swansea for the rest of the season to hopefully get some game time and come back next year stronger, ala Sturridge. He'll find it difficult though, with Swansea's midfield being pretty good, but I would hope Rogers wouldn't have loaned him if he wasn't planning to use him quite a lot.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2580292,00.html

Patrick Van Aanholt

Defender - Left Back

Vitesse Arnhem - 6 month loan until end of 2011/2012 season

17/12/2011 - Hasn't featured on the pitch or on the bench since the last update.

17/01/2012 - Patrick has now moved to Vitesse Arnhem after a disappointing spell with Wigan, in which he barely featured. Sure the last chance he has now to save his Chelsea career, what with Cole & Bertrand ahead of him, and rumours of us signing a new LB. http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2580292,00.html