2 years or not 2 years. That is the question.

Davey Baby

Drogba  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you bow to the request of 2 years?

Hypothetical ..

Drogba tells Chelsea he'll stay if he gets a two year deal, otherwise he's off.

He firmly believes he has two years left at the top, which, if he plays as he did on Tuesday, we would rather at Chelsea than somewhere else.

On the other hand, he's been awful for a year and a half, is it possible that he could suddenly transform into the player he once was, on a consistent basis?

The other thing to bear in mind, if he is to stick around for two years, could he be a negative influence if he's gradually phased out?

Difficult one ..

What would you do?

Absolutely not. I think he deserves to stay until the summer, and leave on a high, but he is well past his use-by date. I understand he is currently our best centre-forward but that's a problem that should've been avoided years ago.

Drogba should've been sold after the 2009-10 double season and a new, younger striker brought in to replace him. I said this back then and I stick by it, and an Indian summer of sorts really doesn't justify keeping him on for longer.

Hate to say it, but no.

Fair Play is putting pressure on the payroll. Drogba's been doing what older players do -- getting injured. 2 years from now it will be worse, only he'll be much slower and possibly weaker too.

He's worth 1 year.

I've said it a lot of times and I reiterate, Drogba is past it. I can bet my house you wont see 5 performances like the one he gave against Valencia this whole season. Keep him by all means till summer but I'd suggest we should cash in on him in January when we'd be able to get something in the form of transfer fee given his recent resurgence. Never gonna happen I know.

Yes, keep him. Why would we want to just have Torres up front with no other option?? Sturridge will be top class, anelka is off to China, Kalou is Kalou, and Lukaku is not ready give him 2 years.......

Um, we CAN sign other players and not rely on a 35/36 year old which is what he will be in two years.

I voted no mainly because of age, surely the Drog isn't going to suddenly roll back the years ?? It just doesn't happen, and one good game isn't going to change that.

I would like to see hime get the one year though as he would next season be one hell of an impact sub... IF he won't accept that then he has to go without the contract extension.

Alan

I think regardless how good or bad he will do for the rest of the season, we shall farewell him at the end of the season. We just have ti move on from this generation of players. Like someone said before, we can and will sign another striker to fill the void left by drogba and Anelka. We can rely on a 35 year old striker on his last legs, or a striker in peak like hulk, Rossi or cavani.

I say let him go in the summer, i think its best for all, before the Valencia game lots of people were saying he wasnt good enough anymore and now after one game he is a hero again. I think its best he does his best this season and then leaves before he goes even more down him and tarnishes his good name at the club.

He is a Chelsea legend in my eyes, but I don't believe a striker who plays the way he does can turn in performances like that twice a week like we need at the age of 34. It will be a sad day when he goes, but something we need to accept. Not sure if the club want to sell to get some money, but would like to see him given the season & therefore lose him on a free, out of the players tipped to leave he is one who deserves the coin in with a free.

I would like to see us get a decent fee for Anelka(5-8m), Alex (not 2m, more like 10m), Malouda (5-8m), Kalou (10m) & Mikel (8-10m). Although wouldn't be disappointed to hold onto Kalou if he was content with a squad role.

Um, we CAN sign other players and not rely on a 35/36 year old which is what he will be in two years.

Really?

I know that obviously, I just want Drogba to be here for ever the same as I wanted Zola, JFH and EIdur to stay! He is a legend and should be treated that way, if we win something this year I hope at least he is here until the summer as selling him in January would be a big mistake!

I say let him go in the summer, i think its best for all, before the Valencia game lots of people were saying he wasnt good enough anymore and now after one game he is a hero again. I think its best he does his best this season and then leaves before he goes even more down him and tarnishes his good name at the club.

I never changed my mind on him, ok he has had a bad time the last season or so wouldn't anyone if someone was signed for a club record fee?

He is a Chelsea legend in my eyes, but I don't believe a striker who plays the way he does can turn in performances like that twice a week like we need at the age of 34. It will be a sad day when he goes, but something we need to accept. Not sure if the club want to sell to get some money, but would like to see him given the season & therefore lose him on a free, out of the players tipped to leave he is one who deserves the coin in with a free.

I would like to see us get a decent fee for Anelka(5-8m), Alex (not 2m, more like 10m), Malouda (5-8m), Kalou (10m) & Mikel (8-10m). Although wouldn't be disappointed to hold onto Kalou if he was content with a squad role.

Those prices are ridiculous:

Anelka 2-3m max

Alex 3-4m

Malouda 4-6m

Kalou 3-4m

Mikel 4-6m

Keep dreaming, I hope we get your valuations!

You are dreaming if you think we will get any where near those prices for those players.

i know, a bit hopeful, but Alex definatly not a 2m player. I hope we recoup what we spend on Cahill on him. Anelka will prob go on a free. If PSG want Kalou he will be the one we get most £ for because of age.

Really?

I know that obviously, I just want Drogba to be here for ever the same as I wanted Zola, JFH and EIdur to stay! He is a legend and should be treated that way, if we win something this year I hope at least he is here until the summer as selling him in January would be a big mistake!

I think it's almost certain he won't be going anywhere in January as the chances of us signing a replacement in the January window who would be able to play CL football are pretty much zero. This thread is really about should we offer him a further two years and at his age and if we want to compete with the City's, Madrid's and Barca's, then anyone who thinks yes is clearly having a laugh.

We are not in a good position regarding demanding fees for those players apart from Mikel.

Anelka out of contract in the summer + handed in transfer request = free.

Kalou out of contract in the summer + who on earth would actually buy him? = maybe a loan for the rest of the season and then free or kept till the summer and then released.

Alex handed in transfer request and it seems no longer wanted by the manager = no chance of a decent fee.

Mikel still got a few years left on his contract and is still playing games, IF chelsea want to sell then a decent fee could be had but who on earth would want him?

We are not in a good position regarding demanding fees for those players apart from Mikel.

Anelka out of contract in the summer + handed in transfer request = free.

Kalou out of contract in the summer + who on earth would actually buy him? = maybe a loan for the rest of the season and then free or kept till the summer and then released.

Alex handed in transfer request and it seems no longer wanted by the manager = no chance of a decent fee.

Mikel still got a few years left on his contract and is still playing games, IF chelsea want to sell then a decent fee could be had but who on earth would want him?

Don't forget Essien, I cannot see him pulling on the Chelsea shirt again. However you never know.