As bad a tackle as I've ever seen

Backbiter
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I love that clip of Hunter and Lee. Really takes me back.

Anyone know if there is a summary of clips showing some of tackles against Leeds? Osgood and Charlton. Chopper and Gray. Johnny Giles etc.

And the head high tackle by Eddie Mac which nearly took Bremner's head off!!!

I love that clip of Hunter and Lee. Really takes me back.

Anyone know if there is a summary of clips showing some of tackles against Leeds? Osgood and Charlton. Chopper and Gray. Johnny Giles etc.

And the head high tackle by Eddie Mac which nearly took Bremner's head off!!!

So do I mate, thats why I posted it :biggrin:

Eddie Mac sorting out Bremner.

From watching that clip I had no idea Eddie McCreadie was a karate expert :smile:.

It puts 'modern' tackling into a slightly new perspective.

I don't know for sure, but wasn't Bremner well known for being a bit of a 'wind up merchant' on the pitch?.

I don't know for sure, but wasn't Bremner well known for being a bit of a 'wind up merchant' on the pitch?.

Oh yes indeed. As fiery as his red hair. He and Chopper made a nice pair.

Here are a couple of quotes from his Wiki page:

Bremner quickly established himself as an uncompromising player, tough in the tackle and often going beyond the rules to get the better of a skilled opponent – a Sunday Times headline dubbed him as "10st of barbed wire".

During this period, Leeds had a reputation for being dirty, with Bremner at the forefront alongside equally uncompromising players such as Norman Hunter. As if to emphasise the style of play for which Bremner was known, one of football's most famous photographs shows a young Bremner pleading his innocence after Tottenham Hotspur's bulky Scottish midfield player Dave Mackay grabbed him by the shirt and hauled him up following a late tackle by Bremner. Mackay was just back from a second broken leg.

Cant beat a good hard tackle, shame the game now is pretty much touch football. If you wanna see a game full of those kind of tackles though the 70 Fa cup final against Leeds (and the replay) is basically a 90 montage of minor assaults, the ball might as well not have been on the pitch.