Our Youth on Loan

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I've said before kakuta isn't good enough, however, I think lukaku is and he would gobble the competition up up at Fulham but it all depends what environment we want him in...do we want him in an environment where you have to compete for a place or one where he is the best there so he has to play?

I've said before kakuta isn't good enough, however, I think lukaku is and he would gobble the competition up up at Fulham but it all depends what environment we want him in...do we want him in an environment where you have to compete for a place or one where he is the best there so he has to play?

The latter worked for Sturridge and Wilshere, why not Lukaku? Why make it hard for him, you loan players out so they are guaranteed games. They then come back to the club to compete for places. Loaning them out for the sake of having them compete for places make the whole process rather redundant.

Thomas Kalas and PVA both played in Vitessse's 4-4 draw against Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Europa League qualifiers earlier.

Did either of them score? Edited by Remodez

The latter worked for Sturridge and Wilshere, why not Lukaku? Why make it hard for him, you loan players out so they are guaranteed games. They then come back to the club to compete for places. Loaning them out for the sake of having them compete for places make the whole process rather redundant.

It depends what mentality you want the lad developing with...I personally feel a competitive side would bring the best out of him and really shape him up to be the next drogba! Drogbas big game attitude came from beating off the competition at the club and having that mentality of stepping up and to prove yourself on the pitch

I really wanted KDB to play here...but if he's not going to play I suppose a loan is the best option. He needs first team football at this stage of his career.

Another few going on loan too..

Ulises Davila, Milan Lalkovic and Matej Delac, are all heading out on loan.

Davila

will be joining Sabadel who are a 2nd flight Spanish club, whilst

Lalkovic

and

Delac

will be joining Vitoria Guimares top flight Portuguese club.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=530271#ixzz21df0whJ7

I always had high hopes for Lalkovic, seems to have faded off though..

Rumour I read was that they are looking at KDB for the CAM position. Would rather he gets minutes at a deeper CM position, or on the wing. Between Mata, Hazard, and now Oscar, we seem to be pretty good on guys that can play right behind the striker.

Then again, a year spent playing at the CAM in Germany is better than one warming the bench in England...right?

In the pre-season he has been good in the middle and switching out wide with Hazard who then swaps into the middle also.

WB are saying that they'll takl about this more when he returns from the US. I hope we are smart about this, and make sure he's good to go in a position that we plan on using him in. And we need to make sure he's in a situation that we can recall him if needed.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/8/20/3255169/chelsea-fc-loan-roundup-august-20th-2012#storyjump

These are usually pretty good recaps of the loan action from the previous week. Besides the obvious ones like Lukaku, what stuck out to me was that Ulises Davila was "the best player on the field" for his 87 minutes of action over the weekend.