Our Youth on Loan

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

He was an odd signing. Never going to be anywhere good enough for Chelsea, and struggled to get games last year on loan at a club much worse than Twente. I'd avoid him if I were you.

• 3 weeks later...

Bamford playing well:

Scored one from outside the area against Sunderland today in the League Cup.  If he keeps up this run in form, I would assume we will try and loan him to a Championship side in January.  

• 4 weeks later...

Defender Sam Hutchinson has become the sixth Chelsea player to move on loan to Dutch Eredivisie outfit Vitesse. The 24-year-old joins Lucas Piazon, Cristian Cuevas, Gael Kakuta, Christian Atsu and Patrick van Aanholt in Arnhem for the 2013/14 campaign.

I just can't shift my allegiance from PSV to Vitesse, despite the heavy Chelsea presence at Vitesse :-(

We seriously have a dilemma with our AMs (obviously). Thorgan has been doing so well in Belgium and I've heard his style & ability is reminscent of Eden's form last season. 

Imagine a triumvirate of Thorgan/KDB/Eden. That'd be brilliant.

Piazon has done really well so I'm not sure what we'll do. He's played as a LW which is a problem -- thought he'd be upfront which would be a lot better.

Patrick Bamford is scoring for fun, albeit for the Dons.  But I think his current record is 7 goals in 6 matches, and 10 overall this season.  I know from some of Esk's youtube video's that Patrick has also assisted a couple of goals too.

Certainly one to watch out for.  But I think he'll be a loan candidate for another couple of seasons.

Certainly one to watch out for.  But I think he'll be a loan candidate for another couple of seasons.

Hope he gets the chance, saw highlights of the game today and he looked brilliant. But the board never seem to trust any young strikers and rather go for big names. Which is understandable for a club chasing so many major trophies but it would be nice one day in the future to see a strike force of Lukaku, Bamford and Feruz!

Edit: Can't forget about Bertrand either! Hope all the paper work gets sorted out with him.

Edited by Butterhampton FC

I don't think we'll ever see Feruz play for Chelsea.  He's been good, not great, and he's a smaller player.

I think Bamford may have a chance in a year or two after we've tried to give Lukaku a chance 

Aké has been doing quite well with with U21s.

Maybe time to integrate him with the first team from time to time (or if not, send him on loan?) 

Ake qualifies for HG or something like that (I always get all the different designations confused) by staying at Chelsea this season, which is why we chose not to send hm on loan.  Hopefully he'll get a couple cameos this season.