Petr Cech believes chelsea can retain champions league

blueisthecolour96

I seen BBC interview with Petr Cech on how he believes Chelsea can be the first club to retain the champions league but to be honest the further i see them going is semi-finals but they did won the champions league this season with everyone saying they'll go out in every stage of the competition. Have far do you guys think we go this year in the champions league?

Looking at the names in the squad (and some that might join us soon) I'd say we can go all the way again, but in a different way perhaps.

But we all know that names doesn't always win everything.

Maybe Torres wont be able to score many goals; maybe Cech gets injured long term; maybe Hazard fails completely; maybe Robbie turns out to be a terrible manager.

If things turn out right for us we should be able to go far and perhaps fight for the title, but we can also get knocked out early on and have a piss poor season.

I'll wait until we've played some games before I dare to guess. On the other hand, if I'd guessed last season what would happen after seeing us play I would not have said that we'd win the Champions League.

Never easy to win anything - I think we can win anything next season but don't forget we were a long way off the top2 in the premier league and the trophies papered over many cracks. Champion's league is always hard but always possible but even with exciting new signings the league will be harder than ever and that would be my number 1

If we have an "easy" route to the semifinals anything can happen. I have a feeling we will have an easy one this time around. Our game also needs to peak at that point of the season.

If we get to semifinals anything is possible.

f**king hell you lot are negative.

If we strengthen our squad, which IMO despite the loss of Drogba we already have, then why can't we retain it? Sure it'd be hard, and we'd need a bit of luck going our way, but we have pretty much as much chance as anyone to win it.

Of course it is possible but you have to have a hell of a lot of luck to win it as we had last season. I just cant see it happening just yet. The new players need to get use to playing with the old boys, the old boys need to get use to the new guys. Oh and Torres actually needs to start scoring.

Given that nobody's retained it in more than twenty years - even the sainted Barcelona couldn't pull it off, despite being a man and a goal up in their semifinal one year as defending champions; anyone remember that match? - you'd have to say the odds are against us, but it's not impossible.

Not sure we could win it again because I think our style of play beat a few of the big teams, and with the players we have brought in I don't think we will be playing the same style

I'm not saying we were negative but with a team of Marin, mata, hazard and torres we will not be able to park the bus like with didier, and we are not ready to go toe-to-toe with Barcelona on their terms!!

Archived