Flares

Carefree94

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on: Fri 01 Feb 2013

Chelsea Football Club has received confirmation that two of the three Chelsea supporters arrested in possession of flares at the Capital One Cup match at Swansea last week have been sentenced to 28 days imprisonment.

They have also been banned from attending football games for six years, while a third supporter has been banned for three years. All three will be banned from Stamford Bridge for 10 years by the club.

There has recently been an increase in the presence of flares and fireworks at games, which have the potential to cause harm and distress, and are a fire risk. They are banned by law inside football stadiums, and Chelsea FC will work closely with police and staff at other grounds to ensure such offences and dangerous behaviour is prevented.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3061660/title/supporter-behaviour?

I'm absolutely shocked! Talk about making an example out of people. Sent down for being in possession of flares. Yeah,,yeah, yeah 'Health and Safety' but surely a slap on the wrist would have been more appropriate. 

Whatever next?

This is why i detest the way football has gone now, fair enough if the lads in question have broken ground rules ect but to jail them, give them a banning order then for the club they love then to sh*t on them by giving them a 10 yr ban is disgusting.

All three are starting out in life yet now their lives have been ruined by having a prison sentence against their name, for what?

Chelsea FC once again stink of double standards, lets not forget this is the club that re-employed Graham Rix after he served time in prison for under age sex with a minor, i know what the worse crime is & it doesnt involve fecking smoke bombs.

I feel angry, gutted for the lads & their families, disappointed with British justice & sickened by the club i love which is run by arse holes.

Incidently you can buy smoke bombs from a paint balling shop in Camden high street even though their life threatening.

This is why i detest the way football has gone now, fair enough if the lads in question have broken ground rules ect but to jail them, give them a banning order then for the club they love then to sh*t on them by giving them a 10 yr ban is disgusting.

All three are starting out in life yet now their lives have been ruined by having a prison sentence against their name, for what?

Chelsea FC once again stink of double standards, lets not forget this is the club that re-employed Graham Rix after he served time in prison for under age sex with a minor, i know what the worse crime is & it doesnt involve fecking smoke bombs.

I feel angry, gutted for the lads & their families, disappointed with British justice & sickened by the club i love which is run by arse holes.

Incidently you can buy smoke bombs from a paint balling shop in Camden high street even though their life threatening.

Well said mate, I couldn't agree more.

At the same time, if anyone ever hurt one of my three sons by throwing fireworks or flares in a crowd, I would want to rip their heads off with my own bare hands.

And I am not a violent woman, but....

As a parent myself i agree though no one has thrown any fireworks or flares in the ground have they, what about before Wolves v Chelsea in 02? Wolves/Sky tv let off fireworks just before kick off with a firework flying in to the Wolves crowd & injuring a woman, yet fireworks are still let off by clubs/tv after some games especially cup finals.

Archived