Moyes...

youlots
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The Mail are pushing that Moyes is being targeted by the club for next year. Is it credible? Given it's the Mail, without, of course, any direct quotes/source, it's still very much conjectural stuff. Still, it's out there. Whilst I want Jose back rain, hail or shine, this is not necessarily an unwelcome development. I have the utmost respect for Moyes & what he's achieved with the toffees over the years. So I think we should discuss it.

Guest RFC_CFC

Moyes is a manager who requires time to build his team, this is something you don't get at Chelsea as the first sign of a bump in the road then you are picking up your P45.

I like David and think he is a superb manager however Chelsea is not Everton and this board are ruthless. They told AVB he would get time to implement his ideas and stamp on the side however as always he was binned when the going got tough, would Moyes be any different?

What we need is a manager who can cause a stir from the off and get the players running through brick walls from the very first training session and this is why Jose Mourinho is the only choice for me.

Just reading some of the comments on The Mail website.  The general consensus appears to be "why would Moyes want to go to Chelsea with their track record for sacking manager?"  Erm....to treble his wages?  To be given a large transfer war chest?  To inherit a squad already packed with quality?  To finally challenge for the big honours?  To manage in the Champion's League (hopefully)?  To live in London?

Even if he gets sacked, he'd get a mega pay out.  I'd jump at the chance if I were him.  Gotta be better than finishing around 7th every year and winning nothing.....and he's done that for 10 years!  Surely time for a change?

Edited by BernardLambourde

Yes - all eminently sensible reasons from his perspective. However, given the moribund obtuseness of our owner & his minions, do you feel that the club are doing a push - as it were - to see how we feel about such an appointment? Are they that clever?

Yes - all eminently sensible reasons from his perspective. However, given the moribund obtuseness of our owner & his minions, do you feel that the club are doing a push - as it were - to see how we feel about such an appointment? Are they that clever?

I don't think they could give a flying bumhole what the fans wants.  They've proved that in the past.  If they go for Moyes, it'll be cause they want him.....not cause they feel it'll appease the fans.

Moyes is one of the best managers in the country and I believe he would have the strength of character needed to get the players here on his side and playing the way he wants, something that AVB clearly lacked.

I don't think he would want to join Chelsea while Roman's in charge though.

I would be well up for Moyes.

I just dont see how he would be interested in coming to our shambolic circus unless he is looking to make quick few million and he doesnt strike me as that type of guy.

I don't think they could give a flying bumhole what they fans wants.  They've proved that in the past.  If they go for Moyes, it'll be cause they want him.....not cause they feel it'll appease the fans.

I don't know. Part of me & most of us I suspect, want the owner & the minions to at least acknowledge that the removal of RDM was a colossal mistake on their part. Not that that will ever occur of course. Perhaps this is their way of appeasing us.

Only way I would want him at the club is as a scout and he brought his scout team with him. It really is no exaggeration to say that there are 10 other managers out there better than him.

He would do a decent job but tactically it would be another train wreck. Watching Everton over the years is like watching Stoke half the times and they have had some quality players over the years so it's no excuse really. I don't think he has the same man management skills as RDM did either and if he does it's not to the same extent. I just can't think of anything he would bring that we couldn't get from any competent manager.

As a last resort, I suppose we could do far worse than Moyes. He just wouldn't be in my top 10.

Edited by Remodez

I would be well up for Moyes.

I just dont see how he would be interested in coming to our shambolic circus unless he is looking to make quick few million and he doesnt strike me as that type of guy.

Yeah I feel that way aswell. Moyes also said he would love to manage in Germany.

Second best manager in the league IMO, and not that far behind Ferguson.

I don't know about that.  With Everton, he has done a good job yes, but his job spec is to make them hard to beat.....win your games at home against the tripe and try and frustrate the big boys (which of course isn't as easy as it sounds given the ammount of managers that have failed at that).  But Fergie is expected to win every week....and with a bit of style.  The consistency of his results is remarkable.

Only way I would want him at the club is as a scout and he brought his scout team with him. It really is no exaggeration to say that there are 10 other managers out there better than him.

He would do a decent job but tactically it would be another train wreck. Watching Everton over the years is like watching Stoke half the times and they have had some quality players over the years so it's no excuse really. I don't think he has the same man management skills as RDM did either and if he does it's not to the same extent. I just can't think of anything he would bring that we couldn't get from any competent manager.

As a last resort, I suppose we could do far worse than Moyes. He just wouldn't be in my top 10.

So who are your 10? When answering, please be realistic in terms of availability. I also feel that to compare the toffees under Moyes to Stoke is very wide of the mark.

Moyes is a manager who requires time to build his team, this is something you don't get at Chelsea as the first sign of a bump in the road then you are picking up your P45.

I like David and think he is a superb manager however Chelsea is not Everton and this board are ruthless. They told AVB he would get time to implement his ideas and stamp on the side however as always he was binned when the going got tough, would Moyes be any different?

What we need is a manager who can cause a stir from the off and get the players running through brick walls from the very first training session and this is why Jose Mourinho is the only choice for me.

Exactly Right.

Moyes has had up & downs at Everton and always managed to turn things around and pull through but if he had a start to the season like he has had a few times at Everton, he wouldn't have seen October with us, let alone Christmas!

Would be a MASSIVE improvement on FSW, but I really can't see it happening.

Guest RFC_CFC

He has seen great managers and promosing managers being treated like sh*te at the club under Roman, why would he chance it?

He could easily be in line for the United or Arsenal job IF they became available and they are long terms clubs, he's what...the 3rd longest serving manager in the EPL behind Wenger and Fergie?

I just don't see him comming here, he knows England and will know our club by now under Roman...it's too big a risk for him IMO.

This is the downside of Romans tenure.

I don't see why it's a huge risk.  Even if he gets sacked, he'll get an enormous payout.  He'd still get a job afterwards too....Villas Boas walked into the Spurs job.  Grant only really got the Pompey and West Ham jobs because he had been Chelsea's manager so it did him no harm.

If he did a poor or average job and was sacked (or even a brilliant job and was sacked :biggrin: ), I don't think many would see it as too much of a skid mark on his curriculum vitae.  They'll just put it down to Roman and his trigger happy finger.  Everyone would be on his side (like they were with AVB even though his sacking was fully vindicated in the end).