James McCarthy

abramovich

Isn't he a rather attack minded midfielder?

How would he fit into our 4-2-3-1 system, I'm not sure he is suited to playing in the pivot?

Good player however although I would prefer to see the likes of Jose and Chabaloa (still have no idea how to spell his name) given a chance. 

McCarthy is very good, I think he would probably be wasted here though although he could certainly do a job. Also he's not really a defensive midfielder (although he works pretty hard), more of an all-rounder (in the sense that he's quite good at everything rather than an entirely average player). In my opinion the best case scenario for all concerned is if he scores a hat trick against Arsenal and renders the whole discussion irrelevant.

Good player, would be a good addition to any side in the league. I'd only object him coming here on the grounds that he wouldn't fit into the current system, would much rather the home grown lads get a chance instead.

not saying he's worth a spot at chelsea but he was excellent yesterday and had big ya ya in his pocket most of the game....to me he was man of the match for that alone, helped nullify the core of city's strength in the middle..............................

tho city were sh1te..............thought they had only to turn up....mancini, like the fat one, no man manager...

well done Wigan

Archived