Stamford Bridge Atmosphere - A Plan

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hello guys and girls,

What Jose said about Stamford Bridge and its atmosphere is true - for the most part it is luke warm.  It is something that gets to me quite a bit.

There is nothing better than when the ground is in full voice.  It is fun, it is spine tingling and it makes you proud.

I sit in the Shed End Upper behind the goal - and this is where the email becomes a little more fan focused.

I propose that we set up a Shed End collective for those who either have Season Tickets or who are regular Shed End goers.  I know there have been a few attempts in the past, but what I think we can achieve is very simple but very affective.

Let's just say that we have 10 people who agree to this who all sit in The Shed.  We would arrange a time to meet before  a game and discuss possible options for visual displays at the Bridge (i.e giant banners, ticker tape and balloons and any other ideas we can come up with that we think will improve the atmosphere during the game).  We would discuss options and set a game whereby we would implement the plan, and split costs accordingly (with ten people it would be no more than £10/15 per person max.

Now, I understand there are complications revolving around stadium rules and regulations, but once we have a collective/body and a specific plan - we can then gain seek to contact the club to gain permission for our display.

I know some people here may think it isn't worth doing or that someone else will do it.  But we can and you can be a part of it.  We could create a new thing the club is famous for.  People across Europe could be talking about how great our fans are and how amazing it looks and sounds.

All I am asking is for those of you (who sit or frequent The Shed) who are interested in making this happen with me to say that they are in and to drop me an email at richard.d.weekes@gmail.com and we will take the first step together from there.

KTBFFH,

Richard. 

wishing you luck my good fellow...anything is worth a try...Problem is why does there have to be an effort made...It should come as a normal thing that fans want to shout for their team..If its not naturally there any more  (except big games) then its not there..I do hope your efforts work tho..Well done

Bluehatter - it happened one game 3/4 years ago in MHL and I thought it looked quite good.  It is a cheap idea and the colour can create a real visual aid.

I'm not saying we WILL do balloons - it was simply a suggestion of some of the things that could be done.

Balloons  :face_palm:

Can you provide your suggestions for enhancing the atmosphere on matchdays ? I assume as you know whats good and whats not you have a list and are planning on doing something proactive ahead of your next vists to Stamford Bridge

Edited by bjd

Good luck mate I normally go shed upper or lower but my next home game i'm MHL because of the reason you are trying to sort out. Fingers crossed something comes of your efforts. I still don't get the fact why people go if they are not going to bloody well enjoy themselves??????

Hello guys and girls,

What Jose said about Stamford Bridge and its atmosphere is true - for the most part it is luke warm.  It is something that gets to me quite a bit.

There is nothing better than when the ground is in full voice.  It is fun, it is spine tingling and it makes you proud.

I sit in the Shed End Upper behind the goal - and this is where the email becomes a little more fan focused.

I propose that we set up a Shed End collective for those who either have Season Tickets or who are regular Shed End goers.  I know there have been a few attempts in the past, but what I think we can achieve is very simple but very affective.

Let's just say that we have 10 people who agree to this who all sit in The Shed.  We would arrange a time to meet before  a game and discuss possible options for visual displays at the Bridge (i.e giant banners, ticker tape and balloons and any other ideas we can come up with that we think will improve the atmosphere during the game).  We would discuss options and set a game whereby we would implement the plan, and split costs accordingly (with ten people it would be no more than £10/15 per person max.

Now, I understand there are complications revolving around stadium rules and regulations, but once we have a collective/body and a specific plan - we can then gain seek to contact the club to gain permission for our display.

I know some people here may think it isn't worth doing or that someone else will do it.  But we can and you can be a part of it.  We could create a new thing the club is famous for.  People across Europe could be talking about how great our fans are and how amazing it looks and sounds.

All I am asking is for those of you (who sit or frequent The Shed) who are interested in making this happen with me to say that they are in and to drop me an email at richard.d.weekes@gmail.com and we will take the first step together from there.

KTBFFH,

Richard.

Hope it works,at least you are making an effort

Best of luck with everything. I agree with Mike's assertion, but we are at a tipping point and it is time we took control.

I like the idea of getting a group of committed people. I feel the best way to get something started is to sit (stand) together and try and cause a ripple from there. The first few games will be tough, but hopefully people will begin to join in after a few games in whatever it is and it can go from there. If the group took off, it could possibly work with the club to get something going.

Got to say, the Bouncy should be a key feature, it's visually superb, gets the blood pumping and creates a good noise. Only get good bouncy at away games really.

Go to 2:10 of this video to see how it could perhaps be altered to create a better atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV7kx3xSnqw

Great idea and hope it works out... But I don't think you'll get to where you want to be by using balloons... Banners/Flags etc. would work but it's just the case of being together and chanting tbh... If there is a group in the Shed who just get songs going... Sorted. 

Bluehatter - it happened one game 3/4 years ago in MHL and I thought it looked quite good.  It is a cheap idea and the colour can create a real visual aid.

I'm not saying we WILL do balloons - it was simply a suggestion of some of the things that could be done.

YOU PROMISED BALLOONS, You cant promise balloons then take them away 5 minutes later. Has no one informed you that anything written in tse.com is legally binding?

Of course i jest, good luck with it mate, im in the shed lower for the soton game and look forward to shocking the prawn sandwich brigade.

wishing you luck my good fellow...anything is worth a try...Problem is why does there have to be an effort made...It should come as a normal thing that fans want to shout for their team..

Because a large percentage of these voyers at the bridge wouldnt know and off side from a throw in.

Got to say, the Bouncy should be a key feature, it's visually superb, gets the blood pumping and creates a good noise. Only get good bouncy at away games really.

Some of us over 30s might find it a little difficult to bouncy for a prolonged period Mac, is there a less strenuous but just as affective/effective version?

I appreciate the positive comments - I know the fan committee bring up the atmosphere as a concern every year but what the hell happens about it!? I really just want to get everybody involved and I want to start in the Shed, where I sit.

I have already had two e-mails from ST holders who want to help! I would love to get at least 5/6 in the next week or so in order to get going!

I would suggest trying cfcnet.co.uk and the official forum site mate. If you can't get 7 or 8 people from those 3 sites we are in real trouble.

I have done the official forum site this morning and was just about to log on to CFC net.  I will give Chidge a shout on twitter too to see if he can give it a mention on the podcast.  Already have two people, so fingers crossed.

Personally I find nothing wrong with the atmosphere, I can eat my prawn sandwiches & drink my hot Bovril in peace at the moment, :biggrin:

On a serious note I wish you well, MHL so cannot help with you objective.

I appreciate the positive comments - I know the fan committee bring up the atmosphere as a concern every year but what the hell happens about it!? I really just want to get everybody involved and I want to start in the Shed, where I sit.

I have already had two e-mails from ST holders who want to help! I would love to get at least 5/6 in the next week or so in order to get going!

Hi Mate. Shed upper season ticket holder. Me and my 2 mates all sing already. Not sure about us waving balloons and flags but happy to get involved in trying to improve atmosphere. Sounds like your seat is near the away fans, perhaps you could direct your banners and chants towards them, probably get everyone going.

This sounds very much like the Shed50 or Shed100 that was tried a couple of years ago.  Effectively pick a game and get a core group of singers/chanters/loudmouths together to try and generate an atmosphere.  It didn't fail but it did fail to kick on.  Best of luck and even if it doesn't go as well as you'd hope to start with please keep going with it.

I think it's time to realise that there are a lot of people that want to go to games these days and not join in with the banter which is fine, but what as a club we should be doing is trying to accommodate those that do want to be part of an atmosphere and most importantly those that will help start an atmosphere.

Hi Mate. Shed upper season ticket holder. Me and my 2 mates all sing already. Not sure about us waving balloons and flags but happy to get involved in trying to improve atmosphere. Sounds like your seat is near the away fans, perhaps you could direct your banners and chants towards them, probably get everyone going.

I am indeed next to the away fans. And a know balloons sound stupid, and it was a mere suggestion of the types of things and probably the cheapest one, but I do remember it happening a few years back in MHL and it actually looked quite cool.  I would love to create this sort of culture at the bridge where we do get involved in this sort of thing, arranging all these cool things to spur the team on more.  I think there are a lot of things which can be done and I think a group of like minded Chelsea fans could make some cool stuff.

If you want to drop me an e-mail I would love to keep you in the loop.  I now have 5 people who are committed, David Chidge from the fancast (podcast) is going to be talking about it on the next episode and I am in contact with him regarding possible ideas etc.  I have also sent an e-mail to Pat Nevin to ask for some help on the matter as he has a large following on his Chelsea blog and twitter.

Would love all the help possible and if we can get something out of this it would be great!