Bayern President Sentenced to 3.5 Years in Jail.

Soulo

Bayern president Uli Hoeness has been sentenced to 3,5 years in jail for tax evasion. This is the same man who was making negative remarks about Roman Abramovich's negative effect on europan football and shouldn't be allowed to be the owner of a football club before we played them in Munich. What goes around comes around.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1991414-bayern-munich-president-uli-hoeness-sentenced-to-over-3-years-in-prison

I love this guy for only one reason.

Criticizing Didier Drogba before the Champions League final, oh how stupid could anyone be to set Drogba off for one of the biggest games in your clubs history oh how stupid indeed.

How greedy do you have to be to try and evade tax when you're already so bloody rich?

I wonder what kind of impact this will have on the club.

Generally thats why they are so rich, because they are so bent!

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, he'll probably pay a little fine and live on cheating his way through life.

He is truly an inspiration, even though he's a c**t, only little people pay all these taxes and fees.

Wunderbar.

Why do I get the feeling he won't actually spend any time in a prison?

Don't think that will be the case with this one. The Guardian reported a massive increase in voluntary admissions of tax evasion after Hoeness was investigated (in Germany if you volunteer to pay the evaded tax + interest you can avoid charges). I think the authorities will want to hold him up as an example.

Its such a shame. And by that, I mean that its a shame for his greed to cast a shadow over Bayern during such a great season for them.

In regards to his comments about Roman, generally when people make such remarks, its usually a refraction of inner guilt for something they have done! It is in this instance.

Germany does have a much stiffer judicial system to what we have over here. We're far too soft when it comes to jail sentences, so its natural for such a reaction over here. I'm confident he'll do his time. As somebody above suggested, as an example.

He should never allowed near a football club again after this smear against his name.

Don't think that will be the case with this one. The Guardian reported a massive increase in voluntary admissions of tax evasion after Hoeness was investigated (in Germany if you volunteer to pay the evaded tax + interest you can avoid charges). I think the authorities will want to hold him up as an example.

It could work the other way. If they make an example of him, it could make people far less likely to come forward voluntarily to admit tax fraud, and just wait for the authorities to track you down, so they might show some leniency. Which wouldn't surprise me, seeing as how well connected he is.

Archived