Strange Stat

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Juan Mata ran more miles per game than Oscar, Hazard, Lampard Willian and Schurrle, Torres and ET'oo.

If a mod could post the table into my post to save people having to click on the scummy paper.

Rami ran the 3rd most miles per game of all the players going to the World Cup Ozil was 2nd.

I guess the measure what coaches look at is the intensity of running rather than distance. Both Mata and Ozil ran loads it seems they were so trying to impress they forgot what made them great players, the skills, the passing etc.

Moses was the lowest well done double agent Victor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2649396/England-stars-danger-burnout-World-Cup-heat-punishing-Premier-League-seasons.html

Difference is he was running at a snails pace. Jogging back to the defensive third after the attack broke down.

A snails pace? Have a word. You don't get Player of the Season twice in a row if you're well below par.

He might not be the most physically gifted but he's clever and can pick a pass - something the more athletic Oscar has so far proved incompetent at.

Sorry but can we just move on now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Juan Mata as much as next bloke but he has gone.... Lets concentrate on the players we do have!!! Show them the support and encouragement that make us the great fans we are. Mata was world class for us, our manager 'in who we should trust' didn't see him in his overall plans. And with the 37 million we received for him we brought MATIC. And without MATIC this season would have been painful.

So once and for all... Thank you Juan Mata. You will always be remembered for all you achieved for us.

A snails pace? Have a word. You don't get Player of the Season twice in a row if you're well below par.

He might not be the most physically gifted but he's clever and can pick a pass - something the more athletic Oscar has so far proved incompetent at.

Never said he was a bad player or questioned his cleverness or ability to pass. Said he was slow. Which is true.

I agree with Jack people just need to move on. He was a good player for us. He didnt work out under Jose's way so we sold him for a lot of money. Our team will go on and will become better because of the money we made off him.

He never said he wasn't a good player, Mata has the pace of a snail is correct.

Watched our match vs Tottenham away when di matteo was our manager last night. The mata show was incredible, linking up with hazard, scoring goals, pressing defenders....2 years ago mata had the potential to be the best player in the prem, not that it can't happen now but I just don't see him carrying that scary form again.

I will not miss him particularly as I feel Hazard and Oscar are now ahead of him..

By the way his blog is cringeworthy

Hugs ;-)

-Mummy